Vehicle Building Issues

They have never had a slow rate of fire, they just make an attack roll less often. I think we can assume an attack each round, just like in space dogfights.

It's just difficult to hit at longer range, you need a few shots to get a hit.

FF&S required a RoF of ten shots per space combat round to get a single normal attack.
If that is actually the case then I’d expect the use of missiles/ammo to consume multiples per shot at non-dogfighting ranges.

I think space combat is best represented as being either similar to classic Star Trek (shots taken tens of thousands of kilometers apart) or like Star Wars with WWII-like dogfighting. It seems difficult to accommodate both styles.

If that is actually the case then I’d expect the use of missiles/ammo to consume multiples per shot at non-dogfighting ranges.
TNE FF&S, p136:
Space Combat R0F: All space combat lasers must have a rate of fire of at least 10 shots per 30-minute turn, or one shot every three minutes.
Higher rate of fire gave higher chance to hit, quite useful.

I think space combat is best represented as being either similar to classic Star Trek (shots taken tens of thousands of kilometers apart) or like Star Wars with WWII-like dogfighting. It seems difficult to accommodate both styles.
Well, MgT does both. Mongoose isn't detailed or heavy on explanations, so they don't tell you how it works, it just does. Ammo usage is quite abstracted...

Okay I might be a little slow, but is it me or are light Walkers in 2300ad not very good, they seem to have low levels of armor and and can only take a single point of damage before getting scrapped. Unless I'm missing something.

Back