B5 Novels & Graphic Novels by Mongoose?

I have heard rumors that JMS reportedly said the B5 novel deal with Mongoose is off due to some problems before the actual negotiation was signed any truth to this ?

I have heard rumors that JMS reportedly said the B5 novel deal with Mongoose is off due to some problems before the actual negotiation was signed any truth to this ?

Lets hope it's not true. I'm realy looking forward to this.

I don't think mongoose would have made such a definate anouncement if it was still uncertain.

I think he(JMS) made the comment about Mongoose at a convention or an interview .That the deal was off .So I wonder what the state of the RPG books is ?Somebody at Mongoose needs to make a post on whether what I heard about JMS saying is true or false .

I was wondering who the potential authors for these novels would be. Would they be from in house talent or freelance? Big names or lesser known? I hope the graphic novel idea goes through, I missed the comics the first time around, hope to catch these this time if it happens

The comics actually fit into the overal storyline. They were written that way on purposely. It going to be nice to see new novels and comics.

I hate to be stupid but when they say graphic novels do they mean like manga graphic novels or regular old foreign devil graphic novels or what? I could definitely dig a B5 manga but that would be way trippy...

Let me guess. WB/Time Warner aka DC Comics still wants the option to do graphic novels themselves?
Or are the rights just split up enough that they have to pry them away from DC, who would rather bury them than let a potential competitor have them?

(added) Or it could be image rights. Several of the actors might have mantained seperate image right deals from the main of B5 (Boxleightner & Christansen are the most likely culprits I would guess)

The exact quote was

Q: Any more plans for any Babylon 5 books?
JMS: B5 books? Not at the moment. There was some talk about it but they kind of overstepped their authority a bit and that’s kind of in the twilight zone right now.

http://jmsnews.com/docs/JMSWizardWorld.txt

Hi guys,

We arranged with WB the rights to do the graphic novels but DC spoke up and we had to let them go. The novels are unaffected and are being worked on right now. . .

Thanks for answer. Looking forward to them, i hope they won't be as expensive as rpg books. :)

I also hope JMS is involved with novels. He don't have to provide outlines, but if he approves novels then i'm happy.

So we ARE getting some novels? That quote from Sigma would suggest that we are not. If we are then who is going to be writing them and when can we expect them. I'm not asking for a date but maybe someone could say that they would be out in the next six months, or year, or two? And if we ARE getting novels, how many do you guess?

Back