This is Free Trader Beowulf - A Complete History of Traveller on PDF & Pre-Order!

It's an issue that Apple should solve, not Mongoose.

Are you going to pay for the software and hardware that Mongoose would have to buy because of Apple's decisions?

You yourself could solve the issue by using different hardware and software, and yet you think that is Mongoose's responsibility?
I'm thinking that you are reading very troll-like.

Producing a product that all customers are able to fully use and enjoy is Mongoose's responsibility. This is especially true given the premium prices that Mongoose charges for its products. The problem does not need to have expensive software or hardware thrown at it. It will be solved by changing the work-flow of the creation of the pdfs for public consumption. Image format conversion is easy and inexpensive using software that is easily obtainable. Create a base copy of the pdf for printing and, at the same time, create one using the standard image format used in digital device software. This whole image problem is a problem with Mongoose management and document production supervision. There is no excuse for this problem's continued existence.

I am sad that Mongoose does not respect Mr. Appelcline's excellent work enough to ensure that it is delivered to all of Mongoose's customers in a problem-free form that is well within their technical capability, but apparently not within the bounds of what they are willing to do.
I am very sorry about this, it is something we are looking into.

Okay, update now everyone is in the office.

We think we have the solution here, and have already updated Wrath of the Ancients and Fifth Frontier War to new specs - if anyone with iOS readers has these files, we would be grateful if you could quickly check them out and let us know if they all look good now.

This is Free Trader Beowulf will be updated to these specs tomorrow morning (we are taking the opportunity to make a few other tweaks while we are at it).

Hope that all helps!

Image problems with Apple devices should now be fixed - simply re-download the file and try again.

Very sorry it took so long to fix, and please let us know if you still see any issues. However, assuming all goes well, we will start updating previous books to this format next week.

Image problems with Apple devices should now be fixed - simply re-download the file and try again.

Very sorry it took so long to fix, and please let us know if you still see any issues. However, assuming all goes well, we will start updating previous books to this format next week.
Can confirm all images showing correctly now in Preview on OSX – Looks great!

J

I can confirm the file now works fine on my Mac and other Apple devices. Thank you - it is appreciated and it looks good.

The landscape design reminds me of the republished Classic Traveller books from the early 2000s. Y’know, if you have the rights to the PDFs it could be something of a series if you republished the classic books again in this landscape format with hardbacks also.

Back