ACTA SF

AdrianH, I took your concerns to SVC and he says there's enough differences in the ship to keep within our license and not run afoul of any questions legally. He thanks you for your concern, though, as do I. Vigilant eyes help us all. :)

Jean

Jean said:
AdrianH, I took your concerns to SVC and he says there's enough differences in the ship to keep within our license...
Yes, that was my main complaint - it is too different from a D7. ;)

Fortunately for me, there are more authentic D7's available. The Starline 2400 version is one of them. So is the FASA one, and that has the additional advantage that the superstructure is a separate piece, making it more suitable for kitbashing. Now, if the Starline 2500 model also has the superstructure as a separate piece then it becomes more attractive, and all those details which mark it as a ship from a later series actually become useful. If any of the D7, C7 or C8 have separate superstructures then I'll probably get them, although by the time I've finished with them they won't look like the official D7, C7 or C8. :)

Shadow Queen said:
Jean said:

Im gonna ask a stupid question here ... Federation Police Ship what is it used for prisoner transfer ship??

Think of it as a US Coastguard cutter and you'll be about right - it's mainly there to deter pirates and smugglers.

And no such thing as a stupid question. :)

BFalcon said:
Shadow Queen said:
Jean said:

Im gonna ask a stupid question here ... Federation Police Ship what is it used for prisoner transfer ship??

Think of it as a US Coastguard cutter and you'll be about right - it's mainly there to deter pirates and smugglers.

And no such thing as a stupid question. :)

Thanks Jean, cant wait for the books.

BFalcon, thanks for the help.

Shadow Queen, I have to rely on the guys for "real" answers on the ships. I'm coming into ADB primarily from the RPG end along with proofreading/editing and marketing duties. :) It keeps me hopping!

There are new renders added to the Klingon FD7 and Romulan SkyHawk albums. These are final unless someone finds something dramatically wrong with them.

Jean

Shadow Queen, I know the minis are supposed to be available by the end of November. I believe that Mongoose is looking into decals for the ships.

The Kzinti Light Cruiser (take 2) album is now complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150331987328280.362765.231728653279&type=3&l=1aadaea7d1

The discussion on the BBS (including some of us being silly :) ) is here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28551.html?1317963412

The Gorn Dreadnought preliminary draft album is also complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150331949963280.362761.231728653279&type=3&l=edeb18452b

The discussion on the BBS can be read here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28520.html?1317947366

Enjoy!

Jean

Shadow Queen said:

No, that Police Cutter and similar ships in SFB fill internal security roles - so dependant upon your precise nation and time the equivalent of Armed customs boats, light sloops, Coastguard and the like.

In SFB game mechanics they carried a single heavy weapon and a few phasers plus showcased the technology of each race and were great to use (in my experience) as small boats to play learning games with as being small they were not too complicated for energy allocation and didnt do huge damage so allowed several rounds of fighting.

So consider them similar to Patrol level ships and Civilian Patrol boats from B5 ACtA

Myrm said:
Shadow Queen said:

No, that Police Cutter and similar ships in SFB fill internal security roles - so dependant upon your precise nation and time the equivalent of Armed customs boats, light sloops, Coastguard and the like.

In SFB game mechanics they carried a single heavy weapon and a few phasers plus showcased the technology of each race and were great to use (in my experience) as small boats to play learning games with as being small they were not too complicated for energy allocation and didnt do huge damage so allowed several rounds of fighting.

So consider them similar to Patrol level ships and Civilian Patrol boats from B5 ACtA

Cool

So do we have a date for the Release of the preview for the game, with full color picture ect? Matt help me out please?

Wow that Condor is wierd looking !

I like the D5 and D5W - Actually different and the engines don't look bolted on as an afterthought. Probably get one each of these - I quite like the F5.

The C7 is ok but the wierd (engine) box still looks odd. I'll just stick with the D7 in the same way as I'll ignore most of the very similar Federation ships and just get the Constitution.

I am impressed by what Sandrine has done to the lets say "basic" appearance of the SFB ships. It intrigues me that ships which are almost identical (mostly variants) are being made given previous MGP issues with trying to produce very many ships. I assume most will be sold to present SFB players?

Back