ACTA SF

BFalcon said:
Da Boss said:
Do we (ie you and me) care about the exact placement of the phasers or if the windows are slightly too large etc etc - nope not a bit - If the design people are happy to accomodate the perfectionists for every extremely minor detail to be correct AND it does not slow down the process / make the models cost more in the long term, does it matter?

To be perfectly honest, and I just want to make this clear, I'm actually in agreement with you - I couldn't really care less about the precise placement of the weapons on the non-FJ designs... and that's only because the FJ designs (and hence the on-screen designs, since the FJ designs were derived from them) are so well documented and so well loved.

On the matter of the Gorn, I agree - I had originally imagined angle-sided "slabs" of ships - ugly, yet mean looking, instead of the rounded, almost delicate ships we see... my only guess (from an in-game perspective) is either a subrace or the females of the Gorn are smaller and more delicate and do all the designing... :?

exactly :)

This is what I was expecting until I looked at the Gorn designs

http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/other/gorn/BH-2/BH-2.html

As you say guess there is a in universe reason for the delicay of their appearance?

That "weird" box is actually the boom warp engine.
The SFB SSD and the backstory indicate that a small warp eninge was installed along the bottom of the boom to provide warp movement in case of boom separation.

On the ADB miniature, it was displayed as a small box at the forward portion of the secondary hull lying against the underside of the boom.
Sandrine chose to show it as a full-blown, warp nacelle. It looks good that way - but it blocks some of the special firing arcs the Klingon boom phasers have.

Here is one of the current proposals to "fix" this, and the best one so far, IMHO.

Responding to Da Boss's Gorn post.

Those are FASAs designs, and came out 5ish years after SFBs. For whatever that is worth. :|

scoutdad said:
That "weird" box is actually the boom warp engine.
The SFB SSD and the backstory indicate that a small warp eninge was installed along the bottom of the boom to provide warp movement in case of boom separation.

On the ADB miniature, it was displayed as a small box at the forward portion of the secondary hull lying against the underside of the boom.
Sandrine chose to show it as a full-blown, warp nacelle. It looks good that way - but it blocks some of the special firing arcs the Klingon boom phasers have.

Here is one of the current proposals to "fix" this, and the best one so far, IMHO.

Hmmm ok then. If its an emergency thing I thnk it might have been cool as just a hatch from which the nacelle dropped down, locked into place and allowed the ship to speed off into the stars? I thought it was some sort of Klingon super weapon bolted on to the bottom

@adm - yeah I know where they are from - those designs seem to "fit" more - to me anyway - not that it matters really I guess as the designs are set in whatever material is used to build space ships ;)

They are not allowed to go near it - officially - from what I can see some fans started looking at it but it didn't really go anywhere :(

Yes it would but I doubt that their license allows it. So most likely some ACTA fan will come up with there own supplement.

Yes unfortunately the the Mirror Universe is out of license bound for ADB but, what they have toyed with is called the Reflection Universe. Its water shed moment is instead of the "emotional" Vulcan's fleeing the "logical" Vulcan inhabited the area that became the Romulan Star Empire.

Could not find very much information on the Reflection Universe - just a couple of dead threads on a forum? Is anyone actually still working on it?

The thing to remeber with ADBs boards is they are all usually a devlopemental topic. As such there really are no dead threads. There are threads that have been resting for years but they are not dead they are just waiting. Now is anyone pushing foreward on the Reflection Universe this very moment, no. Most of the people in that topic are busy on other projects like ACTA:SF,2500, PD:Traveller, The Broak, Captian's Log 44, etc...

adm said:
Responding to Da Boss's Gorn post.

Those are FASAs designs, and came out 5ish years after SFBs. For whatever that is worth. :|
In the original showing of the TOS episode "Arena" we never saw the Gorn ship, so you are free to speculate - either FASA's or ADB's version could be correct. :)

I don't know if ADB's licence extends to the remastered version of TOS, in which this was inserted. With a bit of imagination it could be an ADB-style ship with disc hull, and perhaps four nacelles in an X-wing layout.

Back