Typos, Errors etc. in 2nd Ed ActA

Agis

Mongoose
Hi everybody,

I got my 2nd edition book and starting reading it more carefully.

I noticed that the Fighter Movement on P. 28 is missing.
In my book Page 28 is Page 60 which is printed 2 times in the book.

Maybe we should collect all obvious errors here to get the inevitable FAQ, Errata sheet asap underway...

The page 28 error affected only about 50 rulebooks - a pdf of that page has been put up for download, can´t find the link at the moment, but it´s on the forum

I have informed Mongoose about the page 60 thing. I have been promised a replacement. Contact rveal@mongoosepublishing.com

Further questions, and some suggested answers.

Rule Book

How do you board space stations?
My suggestion is to use the rules from SFoS.
1: attacking trooper is killed by a valiant defender.
2-5: inflict this much damage on the station.
6. Choose a trait (except Immobile or Space Station). Roll a d6, on 4+ that trait is destroyed.

Can the defending player’s fighters move normally in the Ambush scenario? If so what do they roll to do so.

Ambush: the Victory and Defeat conditions are missing.
From the playtest rules: : "This scenario uses Victory Points in order to determine who wins. However, the attacker will earn +10 bonus Victory Points if he destroys his target ship. If the target ship is still on the table at the end of the game and not Stricken, the defender receives +10 bonus Victory Points."

Fleet book

ISA
Nial has hull 3. This should be 4.

Brakiri
The ISD of the Falkosi says 2288+, should this be 2228 (as per SfoS)?

Gaim
refits table, result 3 – they have no boresight weapons this result is useless.

2fers:
How many VPs do you score for a single 2-for-1 ship?
Matt has answered this elsewhare. Each 2fer (Tethys, Haven, Sho'kos) is actually a patrol ship and gives VPs as such.

What happens if you put an admiral in a 2fer?
does it become a single patrol point; or do you get two ships for a skirmish point, one of which has an admiral; or do you get two ships with two admirals for a skirmish point?

Differences between the two books.

Matt has already stated that the fleet book should take precedence in any difference with regard to fleets. This affects: the FAP table, Torotha, Troligan, Sho'kos and G'Quan.

Note: Mongoose has already corrected the counters with incorrect titles after the first few books that were printed. So some of these errors may also have been corrected in books printed later.

Just a question on what we can read on this page :

1) distances for fighter weapons are counted from the EDGE and not from the center of the token/mini.

2) Anti-fighter trait is range 2

If all of this is correct it means a fighter can be at 2 range from it's weapon point of view (fighter edge to center of ship) BUT more than 2 from AF trait (center to center) ... correct ?

Na-Po said:

1) distances for fighter weapons are counted from the EDGE and not from the center of the token/mini.

If all of this is correct it means a fighter can be at 2 range from it's weapon point of view (fighter edge to center of ship) BUT more than 2 from AF trait (center to center) ... correct ?
AF measures to the edge too, not the centre.

I agree on your suggested answers with my choice on the Admirals on 2-for-1 Patrol ships being, both ships count as a single Skirmish choice, one ship has the Admiral and both give away Skirmish VPs.

I would suggest with 2fers and admirals it would make more sense to get 2 for a skirmish point, put the admiral on one. For VPS THAT ship counts as skirmish while the other still counts as patrol.

As for the fighter measurement thing, simply put ALL fighter measuerment to and from is to the edge of the base now (which frankly makes life MUCH easier :p)

Well from a fluff point of view an Admiral being onboard such a small ship would be slightly ridiculous (it would be like modern admiral taking up command from a offshore patrol ship...), such a ship simply wouldn't be able to accommodate the additional command facilities needed surely...

Of course that has no bearing on the game whatsoever...

Nick

captainsmirk said:
Well from a fluff point of view an Admiral being onboard such a small ship would be slightly ridiculous (it would be like modern admiral taking up command from a offshore patrol ship...), such a ship simply wouldn't be able to accommodate the additional command facilities needed surely...

Of course that has no bearing on the game whatsoever...

Nick
The stipulation is that an Admiral has to be put on the ship of the highest PL. If there is a fleet of tiddly ships then I guess he doesn't have any choice about where to sit :)

Locutus9956 said:
I would suggest with 2fers and admirals it would make more sense to get 2 for a skirmish point, put the admiral on one. For VPS THAT ship counts as skirmish while the other still counts as patrol.
I vote for that too. 2 ships for a Skirmish sounds right, it would be silly to have 2 admirals, and your VP allocation means you only have to mark/remember which ship the admiral is on, not its partner as well.

Burger said:
Locutus9956 said:
I vote for that too.

That seems to be the most sensible suggestion.

Burger said:
Na-Po said:

AF measures to the edge too, not the centre.

Ok thanks, not having the book yet so I was wandering what would happen in this case.
It's better to use the same rule for all measurements :D

Further question, about FAPs.

The rule book says that FAPs can be broken down: ie 1 war = 1 battle, 1 raid and 2 skirmish.

The fleet book says FAPs are combined up.

The table in the fleet book appears to be based on splitting down: ie 1 war = 7 skirmish, 2 patrol. (combining up gives you 5 skirmish, 2 patrol).

Which method is correct? If it is combining up, can we have a new table please?

Differences between the two books.

Matt has already stated that the fleet book should take precedence in any difference with regard to fleets. This affects: the FAP table, Torotha, Troligan, Sho'kos and G'Quan.
Note: Mongoose has already corrected the counters with incorrect titles after the first few books that were printed. So some of these errors may also have been corrected in books printed later.

: P

Back