Pirates of Drinax 2nd Ed: Typos, Errors, Bugs, Gremlins, Etc.

Book the, pg. 61,Aslan control systems

So, how do male aslan manage with typical Imperial control systems? Is this a problem for them? Worth mentioning here perhaps?

Book three, pg. 76

Hkiyrerao-class is described as having a g-carrier,

Geithner the stat block nor the deck - plan seem to include a g-carrier.

Book three, pg. 93

SAKHAI-CLASS ASSAULT CARRIER

Would this be better described as an assault ship, assault transport or similar? It doesn't seem to be a carrier (no Fighters, or even landing craft - an interesting choice for a troopship described as being very hard to land!)?

Book one, pg. 145,sun and Shadow

I may be misinterpreting the table here, but why are you presenting the adventures in a different order to the suggested order of events?

I get that the order is a guideline only, but this seems counterintuitive.

It's also unclear what the column headings (pirate & navy) mean?

Book two, pg. 68, Skills

There doesn't seem to be any mention of background skills here, are they chosen the same way as for human travellers?

Book one, Chapter nine, sun & shadow

This "adventure" seems so far - reaching that perhaps it should be the first adventure in the book?

Book one, p164

I don't know what's going on with the font in Kronds letter, but the character spacing and random boldface characters makes it very difficult to read, maybe a change of font is in order?

Book one, Chapter nine, sun & shadow

Any chance of stat blocks for a couple of generic Imperial navy and marine characters, since they're going to come up in this chapter? (maybe a rating, officer and marine?) also, what equipment would they be issued with? What is a typical marine loadout? What gear might they typically have access to?

The Harrier

So... the harrier,

I tried to build it from the ground up, and I'm sure that there are a few errors,

I've put my worksheet on google drive, you can look at it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CB3lp-eKOzOlFKxEkbMV-78XLXotrlyyXDTDaUElM68/edit?usp=sharing.

The yellow areas are where I think there are discrepancies - I'll summarise below:

Armour, Mass
Bonded superdense is 0.8% of hull mass per point, or (200 * 0.008 * 4) = 6.4T (this may simply be rounding - but you've kept fractions elsewhere)

Armour, Cost
It's a bit unclear what "hull cost" is when determining armour cost - it could easily be argued that cost of the stealth and/or holographic systems should be included (you may need specially formed or shaped armour to keep a stealthy profile)
Regardless, I get one of the following:
Hull = 10,000,000 * 0.08 * 4 = 3.2MCr
Hull + Streamlining = 12,000,000 * 0.08 * 4 = 3.84MCr
Hull + streamlining + Reinforced = 18,000,000 * 0.08 * 4 = 5.76mCr
Hull + streamlining + reinforced + stealth = 217,000,000 * 0.08 * 4 = 69.44MCr
Clearly none of these values match those in the stat block

M-Drive, Mass
Thrust 6, therefore (Hull mass * 0.06) = 12
3 x reduced size, therefore mass = 12 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = 8.7T

Question - If I reduce the mass of a component and the cost is determined using mass, do I use the full unreduced mass for the calculation, or the reduced mass?

M-Drive, Cost
2MCr / T = 17.4MCr, 3x advanced raises cost by 50% = 26.22MCr

Note - I have used the adjusted mass for this computation as noted above

J-Drive, Mass
5% of hull mass for jump 2 is (200 * 0.05) = 10T
1x reduced size reduces mass to (10 * 0.9) = 9T

J-Drive, High-Tech Advantages
Note that Stealth jump normally requires two advantages, thus the Harrier breaks the rules presented in High Guard here (since you seem to have spare mass, you could ditch reduced size quite easily?).

J-Drive, Mass
I get a basic mass of 10T, reduced to 9T.

J-Drive, Cost
I suspect this was a misprint?
I get 20.25MCr here.

Particle barbette, Cost
Not sure where you got 7.5MCr from? My book lists a particle barbette at 8MCr before adding in any advanced tech? Total barbette cost is 10MCr.

Armoury, Cost
Probably just a rounding error, but the cost is wrong here.

By my reckoning that gives you a total mass of 194.8, 195.8T if you drop reduced size on the J-Drive.

Final cost is 440.7MCr for maintenance of 36.7kCr per month

GarethL said:
Question - If I reduce the mass of a component and the cost is determined using mass, do I use the full unreduced mass for the calculation, or the reduced mass?

Use the reduced mass.

GarethL said:
J-Drive, High-Tech Advantages
Note that Stealth jump normally requires two advantages, thus the Harrier breaks the rules presented in High Guard here (since you seem to have spare mass, you could ditch reduced size quite easily?).

Actually, it requires one that was supposed to have been updated.

AndrewW said:
Crap - I didn't realise there was an errata...

I've been working from the physical book - is there an errata list somewhere?

GarethL said:
AndrewW said:
Crap - I didn't realise there was an errata...

I've been working from the physical book - is there an errata list somewhere?

Yeah, where can we get the errata?
I'm not seeing one listed for either the CRB or a high Guard on the Mongoose product pages with other downloads....

Book one, pg. 22
How much cargo mass does all of this loot take up?

Cargo, vehicles and prisoners are pretty easy, but it'd be useful to know for the other items.

allanimal said:
I'm not seeing one listed for either the CRB or a high Guard on the Mongoose product pages with other downloads....

There isn't one.

That adjustment should have been in before the PDF was released, not sure what happened.

AndrewW said:
allanimal said:

There isn't one.

That adjustment should have been in before the PDF was released, not sure what happened.

That's a relief, thanks Andrew.

Though I guess you have your first item now.

Since you're here, could you clarify the inferred question above,

When calculating armour cost, which hull cost do we use?

GarethL said:
Since you're here, could you clarify the inferred question above,

When calculating armour cost, which hull cost do we use?

Already mentioned in an earlier post in this thread (concerning the Harrier).

Streamlining is figured into the hull cost for armour purposes anyways. Coatings such as stealth aren't though.

So, just to be clear,

It looks like we work in book order, so armour is before Stealth and therefore applies first.

So, reinforced, light and special hulls will adjust armour cost but rad shielding, Stealth, etc do not?

And of the options I listed above for the harrier, 5.76MCr is the right option?

GarethL said:
So, just to be clear,

It looks like we work in book order, so armour is before Stealth and therefore applies first.

So, reinforced, light and special hulls will adjust armour cost but rad shielding, Stealth, etc do not?

And of the options I listed above for the harrier, 5.76MCr is the right option?

Reinforced and Light don't.

Back