Typos, Errors etc. in 2nd Ed ActA

I know Matt has said the Fleet Book takes precedence, but the table in the Fleet Book contradicts the rule in the Fleet Book and follows the rule in the Rule Book.

So, to rephrase the question, in the Fleet Lists, which is correct, the rule or the table? (it doesn't actually make any difference in most cases, only at the extreme end of the breakdowns, 4 or 5 levels down).

the best solution for two-fers and an admiral? duh, only get one for a patrol point. the other one becomes your admiral, essentially.

Chernobyl said:
the best solution for two-fers and an admiral? duh, only get one for a patrol point. the other one becomes your admiral, essentially.
But then you wouldn't get any bonus VPs for killing the Admiral's ship which would be really rather poor reward. I'm happy with the Admiral's ship going up to Skirmish PL, with the other ship staying at Patrol and the whole lot costing a Skirmish FAP. It isn't the simplest solution but it does work the best.

Greg Smith said:
the table in the Fleet Book contradicts the rule in the Fleet Book and follows the rule in the Rule Book.
Sheesh... it must have been at least 5 minutes after I got the playtest rules that I reported that. So much for all our efforts, eh! Don't know why we bothered.

Burger said:
Greg Smith said:
the table in the Fleet Book contradicts the rule in the Fleet Book and follows the rule in the Rule Book.
Sheesh... it must have been at least 5 minutes after I got the playtest rules that I reported that. So much for all our efforts, eh! Don't know why we bothered.
Yeah it slipped the net rather than wasn't noticed. Shame as FAP allocations are possibly the most complicated thing about the whole game and getting the rulebooks incorrect will confuse players new to the game.

confuses me now without the table to help :) Guess there will be a helpful resource put up here somewhere in due coruse and then probably a download or simlar (he says hopefully) :)

You see, this is why I waited before getting the books ;)
The PDF will have these issues fixed, hopefully.

Triggy said:
Yeah it slipped the net rather than wasn't noticed.
It slipped through in the same way that a large crate full of dynamite with big red letters saying "TNT" on the side, could just slip through an airport security scanner! Seriously, you guys said it, I said it at least 3 or 4 times, the US tier 2's said it... what should we have done, written it 10ft tall in blood across the side on Mongoose Towers???

Burger said:
Triggy said:
It slipped through in the same way that a large crate full of dynamite with big red letters saying "TNT" on the side, could just slip through an airport security scanner! Seriously, you guys said it, I said it at least 3 or 4 times, the US tier 2's said it... what should we have done, written it 10ft tall in blood across the side on Mongoose Towers???
To be fair, that probably would have been noticed (unless your name's Homer Simpson).

Triggy said:
Burger said:
Triggy said:
To be fair, that probably would have been noticed (unless your name's Homer Simpson).

It could have been screaming it 120 dB, somehow I still reckin it would have been missed

Poi said:
So which is it? Do we work out FAP by splitting then adding up, or just using splitting?

According to the fleet list (which has been said to be "THE" rules to use) you buy down to a single PL (1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 16) and then you trade up if you want a mix of PL's.

It also looks like you can only trade up to the PL above and no further (you could not turn 4 patrol into 1 raid... only 2 skirmish) but you can trade up as many as you want to the next PL (you could split your battle point into 8 patrol ships and the trade up 6 of them into 3 skirmish ships.)

Court Jester said:
It also looks like you can only trade up to the PL above and no further (you could not turn 4 patrol into 1 raid... only 2 sirmish)
Why would you ever want to turn 1 Raid point into 4 Patrol, and then turn them back into 1 Raid?

Burger said:
Court Jester said:
It also looks like you can only trade up to the PL above and no further (you could not turn 4 patrol into 1 raid... only 2 sirmish)
Why would you ever want to turn 1 Raid point into 4 Patrol, and then turn them back into 1 Raid?

It could have been a Battle level game... I didn't mention how many other patrol ships there were...

:)

In understand the idea of you get double each level down but this sounds quite confusing - I usually just rely on pre made points breakdowns (or ask Greg)so was really looking forward to it being in the front of the fleetbook!

So you go to the shops, and you have a £20. You ask the sales assistant, to break it down into one £10, one £5, and five £1 coins. You then change your mind, and change two £1 coins into two £2 coins :p

My point is, why should you benefit from trading up, it looks like utter madness. The FAP's mechanics was meant to be a 'Simple Solution' to points, and not it's being cluttering with caveats! :evil:

Reaverman said:
change two £1 coins into two £2 coins :p
There's nowhere that you benefit like this... the re-splitting up rules allow you to change two £1's into one £2 coin.

Reaverman said:
So you go to the shops, and you have a £20. You ask the sales assistant, to break it down into one £10, one £5, and five £1 coins. You then change your mind, and change two £1 coins into two £2 coins :p

However for this example to actually explain the the rule you would have to ask the sales assisstant to split the £20 note into the same denomination... so four £5 notes. And then you ask for two of them to be changed changed into a £10 note.

As far as I can tell the current rules are just a cleaner way of using the PL system and allowing a varience of PL splits. Who care whether you trade-up or down...

Court Jester said:
Reaverman said:

However for this example to actually explain the the rule you would have to ask the sales assisstant to split the £20 note into the same denomination... so four £5 notes. And then you ask for two of them to be changed changed into a £10 note.

As far as I can tell the current rules are just a cleaner way of using the PL system and allowing a varience of PL splits. Who care whether you trade-up or down...

OIC..gotcha :)

Also... it seems with the new FAP allocation rules you will get less of a variety of PL's in a fleet as each FAP can only be used to buy ships from, at most, two different PL's. Unlike with the old splitting rules where you could end up with a single point being split into all available PL's...

Back