Lone Wolf Miniatures...

Random Code

Mongoose
I know Mongoose released a few of these a fair while back but does anyone know if they are thinking of revitalising the line?

Alternatively, it'd be cool if people used this thread to point towards miniatures that they own (or have seen for sale) that would fit Lone Wolf characters, classes, creatures, etc. Obviously, if you have any suggestion the please post a suggestion as to what you think they could be used as as well as a link or picture.

[I'll post some suggestions when I get back home]

If Mongoose are intending to re-release them I know I'd get a few sets. I got some the first time round, which look suprisingly good arrayed around the books, but I didn't get all of them so it would be nice to complete the colleciton.

_If_ we were to do LW minis again (and I would personally like to), then they need a game to go with them. Possibly something in a similar format as the current Multiplayer Gamebooks (a big flashy hardback is not going to work).

Happy to listen to any ideas on this score, and take the best to Mr Dever as part of a proposal!

msprange said:
_If_ we were to do LW minis again (and I would personally like to), then they need a game to go with them. Possibly something in a similar format as the current Multiplayer Gamebooks (a big flashy hardback is not going to work).

I'm presuming you mean a set off miniatures rules, right? ... Because we already have the RPG... If so, why do we need such a ruleset? What's wrong with them supporting the RPG line?

msprange said:
An RPG cannot support a miniatures line - there just is not enough interest.

I see.

... I buy plenty of miniatures that don't relate to any miniature rules but if you think Mongoose can't produce a line of miniatures without accompanying rules then fair enough.

I recommend some Reaper miniatures then gents. Found some that are good fits so will post links later.

Hello,

I would recommend producing Lone Wolf miniatures for the MPG, a board game, and a miniatures game. In addition, I would recommend producing miniatures like the knights, rangers, Kia Lord and other classes so that they could be used in other games besides Lone Wolf. If the miniatures have good crossover, I believ it would be worth while.

JLL

I would love to see a LW miniature game. I would prefer to see a small scale, maybe 15 or 10mm figurers. 10 of them mounted on a base would look very impressive. Chaarcters, like LW, banedon or Lord Shinzar (or what ever the hammarland guy was called) could be single based and do their thing on the battle field.

If you remeber the map of the battle of cetza (LW 10) each base could repressent one regiment on that map. I think that would be a very interesting game.

I would love to game battle of Drakkarim vs Eru or Sommarlund vs Darklands.

/Björn

How about a Board Game with Non-Collectable Minis expansions? Mongoose could also sell replacement Minis without all the Character Cards, Tokens and what ever comes in the Core Rules & full expansions for those who just want to use them in their RPG's or as collectors items.

Remember years ago you could get a GM Lone Wolf statue?

It would be good to get either big stuff like that (Big-itures I think LotR uses) or more smaller stuff.

Personally some Kai, Darklords (how about the 20 Darklords?) and maybe some of the cities (classic illustration style) like Kaag, the Kai Monestary, Holmgard etc.

Red Box Games do a lovely selection of woodland types with hooded cloaks, hand weapons and bows. They're supposed to be elves but there's no visible elf ears. Many of them would work well as Kai Monks.

Here's a few sample pictures.

40%20Edele%20of%20Aelfheim.JPG

41%20Reyviande%20by%20Robert%20Blaha.JPG

42%20Yvander%20by%20Maartje.JPG

103%20Beautiful%20Eivor.JPG

104%20Freyr%20by%20Acron.JPG

118%20Aelfar%20Aleandous.JPG

116%20Rothmartyn.JPG

Additionaly Thunderbolt Mountain do a lovely range of armoured goblins with scimitars and spears that make excellent old school Giaks. There was a company with a name that was something like Dragonblood. I think they've gone out of business now. They did a very good dwarven gunner (his renaissance style clothing went with the older dwarf pictures from the earlier editions).

Dark Sword Miniatures do some lovely knights. There's too many to link to. However this one has the feeling of an aging knight in King Ulnar's service. They also do a few nice ranger types too.

Thanks for the tip, Balgin!

I really like the "Yvander HalfBlood" miniature!
http://red-box-games.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=44

Very Kai-Lord-y to me!

Okay chaps, BUYER BEWARE on these Red Box Games miniatures. Although they *are* nice figures some are not 28/30mm scale therefore making them useless to use next to other miniature lines (eg, Reaper). I therefore wouldn't recommend some of them.

Specifically, of the 7 figures I purchased the following are too small:

Aurelius the Adept

Aurelius%20by%20oli.JPG

Freyr of the Turning Leaf

freyr%20by%20Acron.JPG

Shadowblade Reyviande

Reyviande%20by%20Robert%20Blaha.JPG

Ylvfriodr of Ulfrstadt

RBG%20Njorning%20Ylvfriorr%20of%20Ulfrstadt.JPG

Yvander HalfBlood, MarchWarden Scout

Yvander%20by%20Maartje.JPG

... Many figures on the website state 28mm so one would think others are the same scale unless specifically stated otherwise but these certainly fall short, looking far too short and slight of build.

A real pity.

Back