d20 First and Second Edition Incompatibility Issues?

seawolf69

Mongoose
I am not sure if this has been started before but I thought it best to instead start it again...

What are some of the incompatibility issues people have found in mixing First and Secodn Edition stuff?

Ron

Trust me this is not a subject you want to get me started on, but key areas of incompatibility are:

Equipment, especially weapon stats, there are many new traits in 2E for which there is no easy conversion

Ship/vehicle stats

Feats and class skills, especially those of prestige classes from the many supplements.

Amongst others

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Equipment, especially weapon stats, there are many new traits in 2E for which there is no easy conversion

Ship/vehicle stats

Feats and class skills, especially those of prestige classes from the many supplements.

WEll, I actually hopeing we could enumerate them and work them out.

Any chance you have made a list of what you have found?

Ron

Chernobyl said:
class levels is a big deal. only 10 each in 2E!

That's basically d20 Modern and I am used to that. That does not immediately make anything else incompatible. Most Prestige classes should still be balanced out ... should. I will have ot look at the prestige classes they did convert from 1st to second and see how much changes were made.

I have always liked the 10 level classesa anyway.

Ron

lastbesthope said:
I have not as yet made a comcise list, it's too much effort.

As I run into them, I will try and document then and make an effort to fix them.

The one big screaming issue my players ahve seen is the Black Fist prestigate class in general unbalanced and deemed broken.

Ron

I believe there was a couple of issues of S and P that talked about some conversions. I don't remember which ones.

Garet said:
I believe there was a couple of issues of S and P that talked about some issues. I don't remember which ones.

IIRC 36, 38, 39 and 42 RPG Editions

A start but by no means complete conversion info.

LBH

Yea, I got those articles and you are right, by no means a comprhensive conversion.

One thing they do not mention is that, aside from some reworking of requirements, many (but not all) of the Prestige Classes now require Influence. That would have to be worked into some of the 1st Edition PrCs.

Ron

Back