What fleet(s) are you collecting?

I'm quite certain that stopping the germans at pearl harbour is easier than it sounds, the japanese on the other hand;)

I'm leaning towards italians myself, i know absolutely nothing about their navy but i'm thinking of starting a WW2 army with them so i might aswell get the Navy aswell:D

Der Kommandant said:
so am i the wierd one only collecting ships for coolness factor? :D

i'm going to do germans and US to recreate pearl harbor. im no history buff but maybe i can stop those germans this time! :p

Bro, I'm playing a french fleet for a reason(go surcouf!)

And please tell me that thats a typo and you meant to say Japanese. Please tell me you didn't just make the mistake of saying that the Germans attacked us at Pearl Harobor. PLEASE tell me you are NOT that STUPID.

Relax! I'm sure it was just a meaningless transposition! You should see some of the things I type that don't at all resemble the things I was thinking I was typing!!

msprange said:
Royal Navy for me, though I also have growing IJN, USN and German fleets.

However, just started a French fleet, which you'll be seeing in a battle report soon. . .

Is that so you can get back at your (ex?) French GF that you had at the time that you mentioned in your article on VaS? LOL!!

Baldrick said:
The Germans attacking the United States is from a line in Animal House.

Don't stop him now, he's on a roll.
im glad someone caught that :D

to stay on topic.
im definitely collecting germans and i think US although IJN is tempting with those darn long lances.

i need to spend more time looking at the lists! :D

Royal Australian Navy for me. Plus all the ships from many famous battles. I am concentrating on the Battle of the Coral Sea at the moment.

WW1 Royal Navy and High Seas Fleet Battlecruisers. I will modify the rules slightly until there is a WW1 suplement out.

oggie

I have got the Battle of Coral seas complet INJ and USN plus RN and Krigsmarine so all I need to do is paint them all Grey :( as you can tell I am arealy bad painter. dose anyone know of a half decent painting service?

Paint services are a mistake. No matter how duff your painting is - and for small-scale naval models you don't need to be very good to produce passable models - your own work is more personal and satisfying. If you want to be a better painter, getting someone else to paint your models for you won't get you very far, either.

Have a go yourself. Anyone here will be happy to give you tips with it. The members here have never been anything but supportive of people's modelling efforts if they're shown to the forum at large.

A very simple but effective method for even the most ham-fisted painter to turn out nice small scale ship models is to paint overall in ligth or medium grey and them wash over with watered down Tamiya "Smoke" paint, then let it dry and matt varnish. You won't get nicely coloured decks but the smoke wash does give adecent depth to the model. Pale grey dry brushing can be added to bring out details and bits and pieces such as funnel tops and other items can be dotted in if you are feeling adventurous :)

Prime black. Drybrush grey. Straight paint the decks brown. That's all there is to it!

If you're in 1/2400 scale the decks will be easier to paint than 1/3000.

My IJN will be finished as soon as I get the heavy cruisers from C-in-C. I've got a couple of battleships and carriers to finish for the UK, a couple of light cruisers for the USN. The Italians and Dutch are done and waiting for lists from Mongoose.

Leadman

Lord David the Denied said:
Yeah, but who'd want them? They're just not British, damn it... :wink:

But if we all took that view wouldn't it turn the game into some sort of English Civil War 1939 type thing?

:wink:

Nick

Back