What fleet(s) are you collecting?

Soulmage

Mongoose
Personally, I'm picking up IJN, USN, and Royal Navy, plus the Kriegsmarine ships necessary for a variety of historical scenarios.

Seems to me like the real action (with a couple exceptions) was in the Pacific.

What about you?

I started with RN, Italian and KM, then went on to USN, IJN, Dutch and French. Recently I built up Swedish, Russian and Finnish, then some oddities in the Yugoslavian Navy, and some of the bigger South American navies (Chile, Brazil, Argentina).

I probably have afew wierd navies that I haven't thought of as well :) (IIRC I scratch-built the WW32 Thai Navy for a Franco-Thai campaign)

I doubt that anyone else I know will collect fleets so I'll concentrate on getting ships together to fight the famous battles listed in the book. That'll keep me going for a while and then I can consider collecting a more general set.

I like the look of the Reds. That's what I use in other historical wargames, so with Uncle Joe I shall stick.

I'll get some of the planned but not built ships, and I won't be scuttling everything in port as anti-aircraft defences.

The Red Navy will set sail to battle the fascists in the Great Patriotic War.

History be damned!

I was thinking US and IJN to collect depending how the aircraft rules are for the game. I wonder if there are any campaign rules also in the game.

The campaign rules are fairly abstract. There is a set of less abstract operational rules being developed with a view to running as an S&P article, using a North Atlantic "hunt the raider" scenario as a setting, but portable to just about any setting - might also work for ACtA as well :)

As seen in my IJN thread, I'll be doing up an Imperial Japanese fleet. Few British and German ships as well.

Royal Navy for me, though I also have growing IJN, USN and German fleets.

However, just started a French fleet, which you'll be seeing in a battle report soon. . .

The Regia Maritima Italiana... sureley my honorable forefathers fought like lions and world domination would have been ours is that little mustache fellow would have listened to our command! Avanti Savoia!

I've started with Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine, but will be getting Italian and French as well soon. The Navwar Battle of Matapan set (£25.00) gives you pretty complete fleets for both. You might want to pick up a pack of subs and a couple of the Italian Battle level battleships, but that gives you everything for the historical scenarios in the book.

so am i the wierd one only collecting ships for coolness factor? :D

i'm going to do germans and US to recreate pearl harbor. im no history buff but maybe i can stop those germans this time! :p

Back