SM is out?

Roger Calver said:
Thats true, if its in Cambridge then Im just down the road, hmmm Trav players near me.

I know - I saw your location in the sidebar to the post - I've driven that route often enough to get to Haverhill rugby club, if our FLGS get it it wouldnt be too big a trip - unless you have an FLGS in your place....

Two of the guys in my group run an online store, you have to love mates rates :D

If your interested we could see about getting a game going, I will shoot the Mongoose'ssss an email asking about things.

Haverhill rugby club !, I do remember some of the times ive left there :lol:

Roger Calver said:
Haverhill rugby club !, I do remember some of the times ive left there :lol:

Heh that sounds familiar - usually a comment made about that place by one of my workmates who plays for them :) ...or me about my club ;)

Roger Calver said:
Two of the guys in my group run an online store, you have to love mates rates :D

If your interested we could see about getting a game going, I will shoot the Mongoose'ssss an email asking about things.

I wish I had the time - with the miniatures club and my main RPG group plus the weekend one, plus the local weekend boardgames group Im wondering when Ill persuade any of that lot to play cos its the only way I'll get a game....

As to the online store - any chance you could PM me the name of the place - always good to expand my options for online ordering and its nice to get direct recommendations that the people exist :)

Thats OK, sounds like your overloaded with gaming there :D

Ive sent the link via PM.

A good online store for the U.S. is Noble Knight Games. The owner has been in business for years and, IMO, his prices and shipping rates are reasonable and his rating of the condition of used games is right on the mark.

And he has Spinward Marches in stock as well as Traveller Book 0. He'll include Book 0 for free if you include it in your order.

If anyone's interested..
http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_ProductID_E_2147384448_A_InventoryID_E_2147572591_A_ProductLineID_E_2137422052_A_ManufacturerID_E_617212936_A_CategoryID_E_12_A_GenreID_E_

Picked up my copy yesterday! wOOt! I like the nefarious writeup of SuSaG corporation, too.. (They are the villains in my current campaign)

AKAmra said:
I just ordered Spinward Marches and Book 0 from Noble Knight, should get it early next week!

Sweet!

By the way, Spinward Marches is now hitting the Dallas, TX area. Picked up a copy today.

SSWarlock said:
AKAmra said:
I just ordered Spinward Marches and Book 0 from Noble Knight, should get it early next week!

Sweet!

By the way, Spinward Marches is now hitting the Dallas, TX area. Picked up a copy today.

Looks like the big truck has made it to California - SF bay area.

Mine came in yesterday - picked it up today !

YAY ! Looks muy cool.

I don't understand this at all. I pre-ordered (6 May '08 ) direct from MP (no FLGS) and I'm in the UK, but haven't received my pre-ordered copy yet (postman has just been, as well).

:? :? :? :?

Gruffty the Hiver said:
I don't understand this at all. I pre-ordered (6 May '08 ) direct from MP (no FLGS) and I'm in the UK, but haven't received my pre-ordered copy yet (postman has just been, as well).

:? :? :? :?

Didn't Matt already say USA gets it first(makes sense since they are printed there), Europe later. Also seems direct orders from Mongoose were not filled with first print(weird) and since first print ran out fast there would be further delays(slight) due to need for 2nd print?

tneva82 said:
Also seems direct orders from Mongoose were not filled with first print (weird) ...

If that's their policy, it's the last time I'll ever order direct from MP. I'll try Leisure Games in future, or my threat to drive down to Swindon and demand my books in person!

Stainless said:
If that's their policy, it's the last time I'll ever order direct from MP. I'll try Leisure Games in future, or my threat to drive down to Swindon and demand my books in person!

It is not our _policy_, it is just that orders on the first day for Spinward Marches were _staggering_, and we simplky did not have enough books - we reacted as quickly as we could, and there will be no more than a week's delay from anyone getting their books.

However, you have our full-hearted blessing in supporting a bona fide games store like Leisure Games, and you are always welcome to drop by the office :)

tneva82 said:
Didn't Matt already say USA gets it first (makes sense since they are printed there), Europe later. Also seems direct orders from Mongoose were not filled with first print(weird) and since first print ran out fast there would be further delays (slight) due to need for 2nd print?
Oooooohhhh, *now* I understand! I was erroneously under the impression that the european orders were printed in the EU and thus had shorter to travel (the POD book I had made came from Spain in about 1 week). I hadn't realised that all books are printed in the US and sent on from there to europe.

Sorry matt :(

Gruffty the Hiver said:
Oooooohhhh, *now* I understand! I was erroneously under the impression that the european orders were printed in the EU and thus had shorter to travel (the POD book I had made came from Spain in about 1 week). I hadn't realised that all books are printed in the US and sent on from there to europe.

This is true - however, undser normal circumstances, there is usually little more than a week's lag between US and UK/Europe release dates (depending on how distributors arrange their freight), and sometimes the dates just naturally match up to allow for parallel releases.

Gruffty the Hiver said:
..I hadn't realised that all books are printed in the US and sent on from there to europe...

Well..we may get the books first but you have pubs and Old Chimneys Good King Henry Special Reserve! :wink:

Back