Roll20 Traveller 2E Character Sheet Updated

Hi Hootenheimer,

First of all, many thanks for your kind words, it has been a pleasure to extend the character sheet, and I'm glad it is already useful.

To your second point DOH!!!!

Just checked the rules and as you say:

For both source and destination worlds, apply these DMs:

I will get on that. My sheet is poised for release, but I'll try and add those in quickly and post again here when its submitted. Thank you for your eagle eyes!

Regards,
Coryphon
As a Roll20 user this will really help!

Hi all,

Next release has been submitted, should go live in a day or two.

This has been tested on Mac Chrome/Firefox and also on Firefox running on Windows 11 through Parallels.

Fixes
  • NPC Armour wrapping
  • Vehicle now has Mounts and Weapons with same logic as Ship
  • Animal has initiative
  • Ship hard point title Hardpoints/Firmpoints has properly defaulted [0] for number of hard points based on tonnage (and is flipped to Hardpoint/Firmpoint)
  • Ship Power title now has [0/0] properly defaulted showing Used/Total
  • Vehicle and Ship now have Sensor rows with Player and Sensor Mod and roll button
  • Psionics now represented like skills with the five Talents and then repeating Powers
  • Fixed bug in Passengers where wrong dice result being used for quantity
  • Fixed input focus colour in Firefox to be red as per Chrome
  • Minor styling based on CSS refactoring
  • Minor descriptive text changes/additions e.g. recommending using Source and Destination UWPs on Trade tab as defaults all fields for Passengers, Freight & Speculative
  • 90% of inline styles have been removed as part of ongoing CSS refactoring
Please note I will soon be travelling (as opposed to 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 ;-) so no further development possible beyond the end of September. Any testing you guys can do would be invaluable, and as always many, many thanks for all your input and advice ;-)

Best regards,
Coryphon

I am in awe how much the sheet has improved over these few weeks. It languished for years and years in a not-so-great state. I almost dreaded running Traveller games on Roll20 because of the sheet, but now thanks to Coryphon, the sheet is no longer an obstacle but an aid.

So once more, many, many thanks Coryphon! May the Great Yaskoydray bestow wonders and wealth upon you!

I am in awe how much the sheet has improved over these few weeks. It languished for years and years in a not-so-great state. I almost dreaded running Traveller games on Roll20 because of the sheet, but now thanks to Coryphon, the sheet is no longer an obstacle but an aid.

So once more, many, many thanks Coryphon! May the Great Yaskoydray bestow wonders and wealth upon you!
Thank you! It has been great fun!
You are very welcome ;-)
Regards,
Coryphon

I think the work you are doing is great.
So I was just checking out the animal option in the sheets. One thing I see as missing is a damage option for the weapons. Would be really cool if that behaved the same way as the combat section of Characters and NPCs.

So I was just checking out the animal option in the sheets. One thing I see as missing is a damage option for the weapons. Would be really cool if that behaved the same way as the combat section of Characters and NPCs.
Hi Gavain,

Many thanks for looking it over, I will check that!

Regards,
Coryphon

Hi Gavain,

Have added that in so Animal attack has a 'To Hit' and a Damage rollable in one go as per PC/NPC...is that what you meant?

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 07.59.39.png

Regards,
Coryphon

Looks great now that it is live :)
And of course I have some more requests :p I am planning a ship battle so have cast my eye over the new ship sheets. First impression is that this is an excellent improvement.

Bug: Using the # to allow multiple weapons linked to a hardpoint is great. Unfortunately, the calculation for the bonus damage is not correct. It gives +1 damage per extra weapon. The rules say that it is +1 per damage dice for each extra weapon. IE each extra pulse laser should add +2.

Nice to have: An expandable list of sensors, because things like the Military Countermeasures suite apply a different bonus for countermeasures operations from the main sensors. e.g. the Harrier from Pirates of Drinax has both and has +2 to detecting other craft and sensor lock rolls, but +6 to countermeasures rolls.

Player sheet:
Nice to have: Some extra highlighting for proficient skills. ISTR that the tick used to be green which helps. Perhaps the boxes could be coloured in some way.

Nice to have: Linked to the above: in the "select skills to show" section it would be great to have a button that selected all proficient skills. ISTR that there used to be a select all button that would be great to restore.

I am very happy with all your recent improvements. They have made the game much more playable in roll20. Thank you very much for your efforts. :)

Looks great now that it is live :)
And of course I have some more requests :p I am planning a ship battle so have cast my eye over the new ship sheets. First impression is that this is an excellent improvement.

Bug: Using the # to allow multiple weapons linked to a hardpoint is great. Unfortunately, the calculation for the bonus damage is not correct. It gives +1 damage per extra weapon. The rules say that it is +1 per damage dice for each extra weapon. IE each extra pulse laser should add +2.

Nice to have: An expandable list of sensors, because things like the Military Countermeasures suite apply a different bonus for countermeasures operations from the main sensors. e.g. the Harrier from Pirates of Drinax has both and has +2 to detecting other craft and sensor lock rolls, but +6 to countermeasures rolls.

Player sheet:
Nice to have: Some extra highlighting for proficient skills. ISTR that the tick used to be green which helps. Perhaps the boxes could be coloured in some way.

Nice to have: Linked to the above: in the "select skills to show" section it would be great to have a button that selected all proficient skills. ISTR that there used to be a select all button that would be great to restore.

I am very happy with all your recent improvements. They have made the game much more playable in roll20. Thank you very much for your efforts. :)
Heyy Gavain,

All good points, have managed to push the above into the existing pull request:

- Fixed Ship damage bug as +1 per each damage dice
- Sensors now repeating on Ship
- Green tick restored for trained skills
- Select All and Combat buttons reinstated and a 'Trained' button added that toggles trained skills on/off
Also:
- Slightly animated show/hide of tabs and repeating items
- Made Cargo Manifest show/hideable (as is quite large)

Regards,
Coryphon

Last edited:
Hi All,

Last release has now been merged and should be live. Contains requests from this forum and some tidy-ups:
  • Added repeating sensors to Ship, there is a default of one, then more can be added
  • Fixed ship damage calculation for multiple weapons/hardpoint (+1 per damage dice NOT just +1!)
  • Changed red tick back to green for Trained skills for easier identification
  • Added ‘All’ & ‘Combat’ buttons back in next to per-skill show/hide section. Also added a ‘Trained’ button to show proficient skills
  • Made Cargo Manifest hide-able as is quite large
  • Added ‘slide-in’ animation to tab transitions and repeating items*
  • ALL inline styles now removed
(* OK, this one was really just for fun, BUT I personally do find some of the repeating item addition jarring on the eye as bits of the sheet move around, and I think it looks cool!)

Regards,
Coryphon

@Coryphon I just wanted to come in and say thanks so much for all your hard work on the Traveller Roll20 character sheets.

It's really made a huge difference on my enjoyment as a new Referee.

Cheers!

@Coryphon I just wanted to come in and say thanks so much for all your hard work on the Traveller Roll20 character sheets.

It's really made a huge difference on my enjoyment as a new Referee.

Cheers!
Hi Boogie,

You are very welcome, it has been great fun to do and I’m retired so have time on my hands 😀 There’s a small backlog of items to do which have been raised on a Roll20 forum thread, but if you have any requests/nice-to-haves then fire away!

Regards,
Coryphon

Hi All,

There’s a new release on the way, the latest code has been pushed to GitHub, should be live in a day or two.

Items added:
  • Added DD support to all weapons on all sheets
  • Fixed Freight bug where not all lot sizes were correctly shown and calculated
  • Added Subsidized checkbox that shows a Ships Funds field that receives Passenger/Freight income
  • Added optional wounding text field
  • Added extra running cost fields on Ship Sheet
  • Can now parse UWPs in the form UWP: B 5 4 6 8 4 9 – 9 from TravellerMap
  • Added notes field to Animal
  • Improved textarea sizes
  • Changed Group Funds to Operating Funds and added a Subsidised checkbox that shows a new field Ship’s Funds. If checked then revenue from passenger and freight goes into the new field
  • Zero out Freight and Passenger numbers when they are delivered/taken
  • Added alternative roll templates controlled with checkbox (Pat)
  • Added Effect display to alternative attack roll templates

Items NOT added:
  • Add STR mod to damage roll for Melee (Strength) weapons : The way weapons have been done makes this nigh on impossible to do without major reworking
Regards,

~ Coryphon ~

Last edited:
This is now live, however another code submit done as there is an errant 'nbsp' next to the options button

Have also added skill speciality into the new alternative roll templates which was missing.

Code has been resubmitted, will be another day or two.

Regards,
~ Coryphon ~

Back