Roll20 Traveller 2E Character Sheet Updated

If someone could double-check the current sheet with the PC -> Combat -> Armour [Required Skill] misalignment issue, that is, Required Skill wraps to next line on Firefox to see if it is still an issue, that would be great. I've converted these sorts of table layouts to CSS grids so it *should* be OK now...

Absolute fantastic and exactly what I was hoping for! Many thanks, you are a blessing to the Roll20 Traveller community.
I will test the css issue when I am back at home at my gaming pc.

Absolute fantastic and exactly what I was hoping for! Many thanks, you are a blessing to the Roll20 Traveller community.
I will test the css issue when I am back at home at my gaming pc.
You are very welcome, and thank you 🙏🏽
Sheet has been merged now so should be live,
Regards,
Coryphon

Look great, Diplomat is back and the profit/loss columns will be a great help. Thanks for all the efforts involved in this.

Yesterday we had pur first game of Mongoose Traveller 2 and everything worked like a charm. With one minor exception:
One of our players had German language settings (we are all German but most of us use English Traveller) and found that some translations are a bit off. "Pilot" for example translates to the german equivalent of "steer carriage". The underlying problem is, that English has many nouns that can also be verbs, which is generally not the case in German. So "advocate" does not have a German counterpart that describes the activity in a single verb. Therefore the official German translation of MGT1 (there isn't one for MGT2) usually uses nouns like "Rechtskenntnis" ("knowledge of the law".) "Pilot" in itself has no verb in German that can be used without specifying what you pilot so whatever was used to translate picked one that seemed most likely without context of a SF game. What is even funnier, just leaving "pilot" would have worked, because this exists as a noun in German and is exactly what is meant in the original context. ;)
The correct verb would have been "Raumschiff steuern" (pilot spaceship) but this is rather inconvenient so going with the noun "pilot" is more elegant in German.

If you'd like me to come up with some corrections, juat send me a link to the files in Github (I assume it's there) and either I edit it myself if I have permissions or I send you an updated versioin of the file.
But this is very minor. Our particular player does understand English, he just prefers the German settings in general.

Last edited:
Hi Stingray_tm,
Many thanks, glad it’s stable and working!
With respect to translations as far as I understand it Roll20 uses an external service and in fact sheet creators are not allowed to modify the actual language files other than the ‘dictionary’ file.
I have actually been remiss with the Trade section and not added dictionary entries, that is a refactoring I need to do.
Next release will be in a couple of days with rollable weapons for vehicles and an overhaul of the Ship section with repeating hard points and weapons,
Regards,
Coryphon

Will this update sheets already in use or for new adventures to be made?
Hi ColinD,
Roll20 char sheet updates affect sheets already in use, so sheet authors are very careful to extend sheets, not lose existing attributes etc.
Regards,
Coryphon

Hi All,

Next release of character sheet is ready to go. This is a long post due to images...

If anyone is able to cast their eyes over these changes and has any comments/suggestions, that would be great.

Fixes:

1) Added repeating group for characteristics from Traveller Companion (Sanity, Wealth etc.) (Windheart)

2) Added movement for PC/NPC

6777d4_0466fad981e3477da8579bd0ba641869~mv2.jpg

3) Added roll buttons for Vehicle Autoilot, Sensors etc. (Donald W.) EDIT: Is this what you meant Donald?

6777d4_30a21222649646e09a881d857986bf5c~mv2.jpg

4) Overhaul of Ship sheet and addition of Hardpoints and Weapons (Saul J. et al). Unfortunately as Roll20 does not support nested repeating groups, this has been implemented as a list of named hardpoints, then a list of weapons each assigned to a hardpoint (see image below). Each hardpoint has a Gunner, DEX and Custom mod field and when a weapon roll button is clicked this information is used for the 'to hit' part of the roll. The sheet supports the rules for multiple turret (or similar) damage being increased by the number of damage dice per extra weapon based on the # column in the weapon table. The sheet also supports missiles by zeroing the Gunner skill and negating the extra damage by damage dice, although you will have to add the +1 per missile in the salvo to the Custom Mod field on the hardpoint. Hopefully the image makes sense!

I *think* this models all the use cases, hopefully tweaking the custom mod. and damage and number field values will support any other peculiarities!

6777d4_95c4e2984c9a453ea4eeb4f84cc7fce2~mv2.jpg

5) A few minor layout and restructuring bits and pieces

Phew! And Regards,

Coryphon

Chiming in quick here, I'm starting a Pirates of Drinax Campaign with some friends that live all over the place, and this character sheet was an absolute godsend during character creation that I happily grabbed for our Roll20 session.

I literally just stumbled across this thread and it has blown my mind that there were additional options for (among other things) Vehicles, Spaceships, and Trade. The last item is particularly meaningful to me, since I was staring down the barrel of writing a bunch of terrible Python scripts to help automate speculative trade which probably would have resulted in a janky screen share of my Command Line!

I'll let you know if I have any feedback as I use the sheet, but from the bottom of my heart thank you so very very much!

Actually, a bit of a dumb question. For both Passenger and Freight calculations, I was under the impression that the starport, population, tech level (for freight only) and zone modifiers were applied from both origin and destination systems (so if, for example, if your origin starport was an A but your destination Starport was an X you'd have a total modifier of -1 for starports).

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I only see one input box for Starports, Population, Tech Level, and Zones. Is it just calculating the modifier from only the origin or destination system?

Actually, a bit of a dumb question. For both Passenger and Freight calculations, I was under the impression that the starport, population, tech level (for freight only) and zone modifiers were applied from both origin and destination systems (so if, for example, if your origin starport was an A but your destination Starport was an X you'd have a total modifier of -1 for starports).

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I only see one input box for Starports, Population, Tech Level, and Zones. Is it just calculating the modifier from only the origin or destination system?
Hi Hootenheimer,

First of all, many thanks for your kind words, it has been a pleasure to extend the character sheet, and I'm glad it is already useful.

To your second point DOH!!!!

Just checked the rules and as you say:

For both source and destination worlds, apply these DMs:

I will get on that. My sheet is poised for release, but I'll try and add those in quickly and post again here when its submitted. Thank you for your eagle eyes!

Regards,
Coryphon

Back