Roll20 Traveller 2E Character Sheet Updated

Coryphon

Banded Mongoose
Hi All,

Just to let you know that the Traveller 2E character sheet on Roll20 has been updated. The look of the character sheet has been tidied up and there is now a Vehicle section and a Trade section with fully implemented rules for Passengers, Freight and Speculative trading.

There is a Roll20 forum post under 'Character Sheets & Compendium' with details.

Regards,
Coryphon

Attachments

• MgT2E_Roll20_CharSheet.png
    MgT2E_Roll20_CharSheet.png
    699.5 KB · Views: 38
This looks great. I will have a play when I am next in roll20.
I also have a question. Would it be possible to extend the characteristic bonuses beyond 15? Some of my travellers have battledress that extend their stats beyond 20.

Hi Galvani,

I will add it to my list of things to do. Many thanks for the input 👍

Regards,
Coryphon

Does the ship sheet have a weapons section with rollable buttons? I couldn’t see anything g there apart from the sections for ship parts.

Hi MonkeyX,
It does not at present. I recently took on updating the character sheet, a lot of ‘look and feel’ and the trade rules implementation. I will add your feature request to my list. Vehicle section is very basic also.
The next release will probably just be refactoring html and css to bring the code quality up to par. Then I’ll look at the Ship and Vehicle sections. I’m not too familiar with ships, so will do some rules reading 👍
Regards,
Coryphon

Had a play and seems to work well. I will definitely have a go at including it in my games.

I have a couple of comments.
  1. The rendering of the Group Funds doesn't work for me. The amount is always on the next line to the label which makes it hard locate. I have tried on a mac (Firefox & Chrome) and pc (Firefox & Edge)
  2. It would be really cool to have a red cross when your roll to find a broker fails as this would give good feedback that you clicked the dice icon. I know that there is a response in the chat too.
  3. It might be nice to have a record of how much you paid, either as a total or price per ton in the Manifest.
  4. Linked to 3 it would also be nice to have a profit column for each item in the selling section and a total profit on all items sold.

Hi Gavain,

Many thanks for giving it a run-through. Regarding your comments:

1. Yes, that is *really* annoying. Somehow the actual code deployed by Roll20 has lost a CSS attribute causing a wrap, the code from GitHub works fine!
2. Great idea, will add that
3. That should be doable...
4. Yes, can store the purchase modifier in a hidden field on the sales side and do the math there I think...

All great suggestions, regards,
Coryphon

This looks great. I will have a play when I am next in roll20.
I also have a question. Would it be possible to extend the characteristic bonuses beyond 15? Some of my travellers have battledress that extend their stats beyond 20.
Hi Gavain,

I'm wrapping up the next round of dev on the character sheet. When you say 'extend the characteristic bonuses beyond 15', what do you mean exactly, I can't seem to find anything hard-limited to 15 in the sheet?

Cheers,
Coryphon

Entering numbers greater than 15 is possible, however the calculated DM for stat + temp is limited to +3. The traveller companion 2024 (p4) has an extended set of DMs for stats beyond 15. I believe that this is a common extension to the base rules.

Thanks for the quick response Gavain, am finishing up latest version today so will check that out,
C

Hi All,
Latest version of character sheet has been pushed to Roll20 GitHub so should be available in a couple of days. Release contains:

Fixes:
  • Trade: Speculative: Group Funds layout wrap should be fixed
  • Inventory: Total gear weight calculation fixed
  • Psi Strength layout normalised to left

Additions:
  • Trade: Speculative: Show an X if unable to find broker
  • Trade: Speculative: Show how much you paid/ton in manifest
  • Trade: Speculative: Show Profit/Loss (P/L) in sales section per row and total with nice red formatting for losses
  • PC: Stat Mods (Rating + Temp) now go greater than +3 in line with rules from the Traveller Companion (Characteristic Modifiers p3.)*
(* Although this is an optional rule, you can just force the modifier back to 3 manually)

Future Development:
  • Remove last of tables for grids
  • Remove inline styles
  • Refactor CSS
  • Add rollable weapons (etc.) to ship and vehicle

Please Note: Am off travelling in a month so dev time is unfortunately now limited, so let me know any bugs as soon as you can ;-))
Regards,

Coryphon

I haven't tested the updates to the Trading page, but the updates to the stats certainly work. Thanks a million for this.
One oddity is that the Diplomat skill now seems to be missing from the Skills section of the character sheet.

Ah man, you are correct, so sorry, I auto-generated the skill stuff code to use CSS grid and that must have disappeared somewhere. Fix pushed, will be back in a day or so, my bad!
(Glad the skill stuff is working ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the work. Just when I started a new campaign after a hiatus of 2 years I noticed that next day there was the new character sheet. What are the chances!

I have two comments/suggestions
A. In Firefox there is a misalignment in the armour section. The drop down list with needed vacc suite skill is in the next line. Resizing the window does not help but changing the font to a smaller size does. This has already been a problem in the sheet before your changes.
B. Could you by any chance add a sheet for animals? The NPC sheet is overkill since individial attributes for not apply for them and there is also no way to track hit points.

Hiya,
Sure, will take a look at both of those.
For animals would you want a repeating group so you can track multiple, as there’s only a few attributes for animals…
Regards,
Coryphon

I think individual sheets would be fine, since then it is easier to combine them with tokens. In this case you can even track the hit point status with the token itself via status bar.
Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the work. Just when I started a new campaign after a hiatus of 2 years I noticed that next day there was the new character sheet. What are the chances!

I have two comments/suggestions
A. In Firefox there is a misalignment in the armour section. The drop down list with needed vacc suite skill is in the next line. Resizing the window does not help but changing the font to a smaller size does. This has already been a problem in the sheet before your changes.
B. Could you by any chance add a sheet for animals? The NPC sheet is overkill since individial attributes for not apply for them and there is also no way to track hit points.
Hiya, for point A is this still an issue (armour section misalignment). It looks good to me in Firefox, but I'm on Mac...

Last edited:
I think individual sheets would be fine, since then it is easier to combine them with tokens. In this case you can even track the hit point status with the token itself via status bar.
Thanks!
Hi Stringray,

How does this look?
Skills and attacks are rollable and honour whisper and boon/bane...

1694364347218.png

Regards,
Coryphon

Back