Power Play!

BhilJhoanz

Mongoose
Don't worry -- this isn't a D&D thread! But I impressed myself this weekend with my Kushite Barb/Pirate 3/2 (Tewelde).

Str: 19
War Spear: +8 to hit; 2d4+7 (2 handed +1 racial)
Feats:
Power Attack
Fighting Madness

Maneuvers:
Bull's Charge
Class Ability:
Ferocious Attack

On round 1:
Ferocious Attack: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Init, -2 DV
Fighting Madness: +2 to hit, +3 damage (2 handed), -2 Dodge, -0 Parry (I gain strength to offset the loss)
Bull's Charge: +2 to hit (from the normal charge), +2 Damage (from Bull's Charge), -2 DV (from Normal Charge), Provoke AoO (from Bull's Charge)

Net Effect: +14 to hit, 2d4+14 damage, -6 Dodge, -4 Parry, +2 Init, Provoke AoO (but since War Spear is a reach weapon(!) my opponent must also have reach to take it)

With all that to hit bonus, why not Power Attack at -4 as well!? Giving:
+10 to hit, 2d4+22 damage!

Rolled a round one crit on a 9th level opponent last night, forced a Massive Damage save DC28 -- he got dead.

Feel free to use this against your players!

BhilJhoanz said:
War Spear: +8 to hit; 2d4+7 (2 handed +1 racial)

Feel free to use this against your players!

Hey BhilJhoanz, the War Spear was errated to 1d10 damage by Mongoose Bob, and if I tried using a war spear against my players I'd probably go to jail. :p

TTFN,

Yokiboy

How about this for silly:
An Aquilonian Scholar wielding a Greatsword as per their proficiency? "If my defensive blast doesn't kill ya, this sword will !!!!"

yea!
you should have seen the face of my players when Darfari sons of Yog started doing the power attack-fighting madness combo!
:twisted:

urdinaran said:
How about this for silly:
An Aquilonian Scholar wielding a Greatsword as per their proficiency? "If my defensive blast doesn't kill ya, this sword will !!!!"

**Looks at his Pelishim scholar/soldier with shemite bow and whistles innocently**
You know about the Rule of Defense, right? Consider a Bossonian borderer/scholar... NOW you're getting the right idea, but the greatsword is a nice backup weapon...

Back