I come back after being away, and . . . . . . .

I come back after being away, and . . . . . . .

Absolutely NOTHING has changed!

People are still irate and bitter, Mongoose are pretty much still treating all the fans of SST like Mushrooms.

Its like I've been through a Time Warp or something!

the more things change, the more they stay the same :?

can't remember who said that, but kind of fits

Welcome back.

The Fleet Landing Party has just been released. So that is something new.

Btw- What happened to your website?

LT.! What's up man? How are you feeling? I hope your run of bad luck has ended!

As far as the negativity/bitterness goes it's actually not quite as bad as it once was. I haven't been posting much lately (mostly to keep from adding to the negativity), but I've been checking in from time to time. I would argue that you've not been through a time warp so much as a "time stabalizer" whereby the timeline is in fact prevented from moving forward. It's like no matter what MGP tries they end up in some sort of mobieus strip.

The problem is, in order for the attitudes here to change, MGP needs to change, IE stop "Promising" and "announcing" and start delivering. Look at the BFE forums. Their forum is following the exact same pattern SST and several other MGP forums have followed.

"I love this game!"
"Wait, those are the miniatures?"
"Hold on, what big announcement?"
"Put on long-term hold?"
"But I demoed this game and convinced my retailer to carry it and put a lot of time into hyping it...."

Unfortunately, when their games tend to go that route there's only so much you can expect from the fans. For myself I'm sitting by hoping they get things ironed out successfully (I realize it's just the basic rules, but I don't like what I see of SST Evo so far) so we can all have our game back. Or not have it back, but at least be done with it. In the mean time I've been working on a Therian conversion for VOR which, as we all know, is the single greatest miniature game of all time (no offense MGP)!

That's right, I forgot to mention, Hiro is STILL making cards, so that's one thing we've got in our favor (even if it took a newspaper to the skull to remember itLOL)! I haven't seen the latest batch but I hear good things.

I'm kinda stuck with work right now.. I mean, I got the CHAS card done, and maybe the MI Cougar LT almost done, but the rest are on hold as I get Flow Charts done.

Flow charts?!?!?!? Hiro' for the love of God I hope you're getting royalties or something out of this! If not then you might need to get your head checked! :lol:

Man, I wish there were a few more people like you and Lt. here in Pittsburgh!

I'm approximately 3 hours to your south, Quark, hunkered down just south of D.C.

And yeah, Flowcharts. I have about 25 more pages to copy over into Visio.... It's my job really.

The forums may be a bit negative but I know a lot of my friends and I are going through a big SST phase right now.

We play a million games, though, and don't mind if a game is out of print or unsupported. Not that SST is, though.

I'm still very much of a mind that the SST game we have right now is a lot of fun to play and is fairly complete for the most part.

Once Evo comes out it'll be easier to get new players into the game since a lot of folks don't like painting.

Until then I'll just be playing and painting as normal.

That's what we are doing at the moment.

We keep on playing and buying and painting.

We're tweaking the rules and make some up as we go.

And while doing so we have a lot of fun.

S

Nothing's changed, really? Phew, that was a close one... oh wait!

*snaps to a salute* Welcome back once again LT, hope your run of bad luck is over at last!

I'd say Mongoose has an ear pricked up, ordinarily one big delay/annoucement meant we lost all support... but now there is a second big delay/announcement ... and well suddenly we have fleet landing party in production, and a statement that we will be getting Brutes in a month or so.

So while I do love being a negative nancy, (I'm a Fallout Fanboy) things are looking up in a way.

Hell maybe the production problems will never resolve, and they will go back to supporting traditional miniature production for SST and revisit a few sculpts and publish their new rule set, have it come with unit cards.

Hows that for negativity lol?

Its not that I want them to have the prepaints fail, just that I don't much need the new model system as much as the new rules and support.

Quark said:
get your head checked! :lol:
By a jumbo jet? Hey Lt! I was away for a bit myself ove the summer(and managed to render my user inactive, as it wouldn't let me login and make a new user).

*chucks kristo from his hiding spot to hide from any inbound newspapers*

Goldwyrm said:
Welcome back.

The Fleet Landing Party has just been released. So that is something new.

Btw- What happened to your website?

According to Blueyonder there was a copyright infringement complaint, so they took it down :(

From what I have heard, there was more to the first big announcement than they have said. As for the second big announcement... I just don't know what to expect.

It is great to see some older releases starting to come out though. Definitely a smart move by Mongoose. I think that anything "new" that comes out before SST:Evo will be metal but I could be wrong.

Oh, and welcome back Lt. :D

I think that most people are refering to this.

Quote from Matt Sprange, posted on the Planet Mongoose blog, 24/08/07
"So, where are the good things for Battlefield Evo, I hear you ask? Some extremely interesting things there, I can tell you. I mentioned in Signs & Portents that a rather large company had tapped us on the shoulder about the game. Well, we have had the initial meeting, and it seems we see eye-to-eye on many levels, and a second meeting is scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks. What can we tell you about all this? Absolutely nothing!

Not kidding, we have been NDA'd up to the eyeballs on this one. I will say this though. If you are concerned right now about the future of Battlefield Evo (and its cousin, SST Evo), don't panic. Bide your time like any true military commander, and wait for the cover of night (so to speak). What is coming is not too far down the road in the grand scheme of things and it will blow your socks off. I promise you, you will think 'yes, that is the perfect fit - and it was well worth the wait.' We are pretty stoked about this ourselves, so keep an eye on Planet Mongoose, and we will let you know what we can, when we can."

What does it all mean? No idea, but at least Mongoose has started to release minis for the SST again (in both formats, original and Evo).

Back