Has anyone in the U.S. received their Fleet Boxes?

From Matt: However, as I said, it is now obvious that we would have trouble not only supplying stores around the world, but keeping them in stock too. To that end, we are talking to some third parties to help support us in the production of this line and, when our warehouse is full of fleet (and squadron!) sets ready to go, we will go with the full launch.

Matt, any chance you can disclose where you are getting third party assistance? I worry that the minis might get subcontracted to some party that while they may be able to produce the needed volume (say some Chinese factory in What the Heck Province), the desired quality might not be there. I prefer to buy from Non-Chinese sources when possible. :D

Edit, but that having been said, if the required quality can be met, then I'll have to forgive the Chinese production if it comes to that. Better that than no minis. :cry:

billclo said:
From Matt: However, as I said, it is now obvious that we would have trouble not only supplying stores around the world, but keeping them in stock too. To that end, we are talking to some third parties to help support us in the production of this line and, when our warehouse is full of fleet (and squadron!) sets ready to go, we will go with the full launch.

Matt, any chance you can disclose where you are getting third party assistance? I worry that the minis might get subcontracted to some party that while they may be able to produce the needed volume (say some Chinese factory in What the Heck Province), the desired quality might not be there. I prefer to buy from Non-Chinese sources when possible. :D

Edit, but that having been said, if the required quality can be met, then I'll have to forgive the Chinese production if it comes to that. Better that than no minis. :cry:

I can personally vouch for the factories in the Shandong province ;)

Matt,

I noticed you took my advice and put that post on the very top of the page, from all user hungry for information, including myself, I thank you for that!

Ive decided to place my order. Come hell or high water.. I want this system to succeed!

Looking forward to many battles in the future!

John Mullins

Thanks for the post and discussing past ventures Mongoose has had. Although I am disappointed in the delay. I will continue to support this game. I have played it and it IS FUN! Also I want to play it with all the available fleets from SFB/FC. I hope I won't have to wait too long.

I just ordered 2 Fleet boxes (Federation and Klingon)! It'll be a long wait but well worth it I hope.
I wish I had a copy of the rulebook though to read while I wait.

duran said:
I just ordered 2 Fleet boxes (Federation and Klingon)! It'll be a long wait but well worth it I hope.
I wish I had a copy of the rulebook though to read while I wait.
If you order a rule book they will ship it out to you first...or at least that's what they did for me.

To all of you who have expressed support for this game - you have our heartfelt thanks. We are working hard to to fix these issues and make this the game you are all hopng it will be.

billclo said:

We are talking to a number of companies at the moment, but they all come highly recommended - either we have worked with them before, or we know other companies have (Warlord Games and Forge World, for example).

So far as my own entry into the new system goes, I suppose I can't help but feel a little philosophical about the issues as they are. In my case, the empires I'm most interested in seeing show up won't be on the cards for a few years yet (even for those which are more likely to get brought over and given the 2500 treatment in the process); but the flip side of that will hopefully make for a much smoother logistical effort when the time comes for those fleets to make their entrance.

Or to put it another way, rather than be caught in the same web (no pun intended) of issues that have bedeviled wave 1, so even if they were sooner rather than later they'd have ended up, well, later anyway; so as it stands, those later additions will hopefully get a much smoother ride when it's their turn.

(I had to wait a few years for FC itself to go through the same process, but at least the rate of FC modules per each ACtA:SF book makes the timetable a bit less daunting to consider this time around.)

msprange said:
billclo said:

We are talking to a number of companies at the moment, but they all come highly recommended - either we have worked with them before, or we know other companies have (Warlord Games and Forge World, for example).

Thanks. That allays my concerns about the minis being farmed out to the Chinese. :D

honestly you need to stop taking orders, fullfill the ones you got get youre customer base that has already payed happy then proceed with working on the relaunch. if not you risk there not being much of a customer base at relaunch or for further products.

I'm all about communication and companies that step up and address issues head on.

I've been gaming with miniatures, mostly historic and mostly naval, since the middle seventies and this hiccup while unfortnate is not terribly unusual in the industry. The direct and forthright response exhibited here sadly is a bit less common.

Having received a Fed squadron box and the book, this is a game system that is going to work for me and a series of models that I will buy. I have a Klingon fleet box and a veritable plethora of Fed blisters still to come but as soon as they arrive, I will order the Romulans followed by the others in full confidence that the manufacturing issues of volume and quality will work out.

Totenkopf said:
I can personally vouch for the factories in the Shandong province ;)
I don't know about the attitudes on the other side of the Pond, but here in the USA, many people are getting very tired of having EVERYTHING made in China.

I was looking for something for a birthday gift for a nine-year-old that's really into science. She wants a microscope. Everything I have looked at is "Made in China" and really not-good quality. I'd be willing to spend a few extra dollars for a decent German-made scope, but nobody will import them.

Sgt_G said:
I'd be willing to spend a few extra dollars for a decent German-made scope, but nobody will import them.

Nobody will import them 'cause there's not enough demand.

Maybe you are willing to spend few extra dollars but most are not willing to spend a LOT more dollars.

Sgt_G said:
I don't know about the attitudes on the other side of the Pond, but here in the USA, many people are getting very tired of having EVERYTHING made in China.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to change for a good few years yet :)

We also assumed (quite wrongly, it now seems) that ...ex-SFB/FC players would not come back to Star Fleet in large numbers, and that even if they did, they would continue to use their existing collection of 2400's.

When Federation Commander was released, Steve Cole believed that the new game (FC) would kill Star Fleet Battles (SFB). What happened was that SFB sales increased. It was because old SFBers were coming back and saying, "Oh wow, are you guys still in business?" and picking up the game again. SFBers are like alcoholics; you can be dry for years, but it just takes one little drink...

Iron Domokun said:
We also assumed (quite wrongly, it now seems) that ...ex-SFB/FC players would not come back to Star Fleet in large numbers, and that even if they did, they would continue to use their existing collection of 2400's.

When Federation Commander was released, Steve Cole believed that the new game (FC) would kill Star Fleet Battles (SFB). What happened was that SFB sales increased. It was because old SFBers were coming back and saying, "Oh wow, are you guys still in business?" and picking up the game again. SFBers are like alcoholics; you can be dry for years, but it just takes one little drink...

Rubish. :roll:

You have no idea what you are talking about. We can stop any time we want to, we could stop today if we wanted to. We just don't want to :lol:

Its not like we have to play Star Fleet Battles, we don't have to get the ships or counters out, its not a craving to unroll to mat. We don't sit at home with shaking hands because we haven't played a game for a few days. Well mostly not, well not that often. Its not like we drive for hours just to get a fix.... erm game. We are not the sort of people who cannot live without it, honestly, we don't need it. Not everyday. We can go whole weeks without a game, somethimes.......

We can give up any time we want, any time we want I tell you. :lol:

Captain Jonah said:
Iron Domokun said:

Rubish. :roll:

You have no idea what you are talking about. We can stop any time we want to, we could stop today if we wanted to. We just don't want to :lol:

Its not like we have to play Star Fleet Battles, we don't have to get the ships or counters out, its not a craving to unroll to mat. We don't sit at home with shaking hands because we haven't played a game for a few days. Well mostly not, well not that often. Its not like we drive for hours just to get a fix.... erm game. We are not the sort of people who cannot live without it, honestly, we don't need it. Not everyday. We can go whole weeks without a game, somethimes.......

We can give up any time we want, any time we want I tell you. :lol:

(Facial twitches) Exactly, I can stop if I want to. (Porch empty again last three days, Oh my goodness, what am I going to do????) wait did I just say that out loud, no really I can stop! :oops:

Back