Has anyone in the U.S. received their Fleet Boxes?

One other thing to consider is that back in june or july - the original planned release date that Mongoose had decided on was Feb/March 2012 - but they were asked to advance that date to before Christmas. All things considered, I think Mongoose have done exceptionally well to get the amount of stock out that they have, in advance of their own planned release date. If you think of everything up to the end of Feb as an advance order, it does put things into perspective!

Lincolnlog said:
MarkDawg,

When I said gamers like instant gratification, I was agreeing that the instant part in this case was denied to all and still is.

But look, my mortgage got paid, I had heat, food, the world didn't explode. I would agree that people hava a right to be less than thrilled, but perspective. It's a game. You also have the right to take you business else where. But, I think if we are all patient, this will blow over, they'll get on schedule, and we'll have an excellent game to play for decades to come.

Bob

I couldn't agree more. Its a board game with little resin starships. Its not like were using these ships to save the real planet or anything. "$#!% happens," and so we move on. I've received my squadron boxes and a quick response and quick shipping from customer service when I got a BC hull instead of a DN hull for my F-DNG. At this point, if you want to ditch the game, that's up to you I guess, but I think the company knows it's behind on its shipping at this point, so good luck with the complaining. And people do have a right to be upset, but some of it seems a bit over the top...

MarkDawg said:
@Totenkopf if you are in the hospitality industry then you know how important it is to always deliver on your promises. When you fail to do that people are rightly pissed and that's what has happened here time and time again.
Two things:
1. Working in the "hospitality" industry has taught me one fundamental truth about the consumer/provider relationship - consumers are fucking retarded. Sadly, this does not reflect the majority of consumers as a whole, but just those vocal few who feel the need to complain about every little detail. Most people are smart enough to understand no matter what they thought they've been promised, that sometimes circumstances make delivering on those "promises" difficult to almost impossible.

2. Feelings do not change reality. No matter how frustrated anyone feels, it cannot change the reality of supply - as in there isn't enough supply to meet the demand. So all we can do is wait while that issue is being addressed.

Totenkopf said:
MarkDawg said:
@Totenkopf if you are in the hospitality industry then you know how important it is to always deliver on your promises. When you fail to do that people are rightly pissed and that's what has happened here time and time again.
Two things:
1. Working in the "hospitality" industry has taught me one fundamental truth about the consumer/provider relationship - consumers are **** retarded. Sadly, this does not reflect the majority of consumers as a whole, but just those vocal few who feel the need to complain about every little detail. Most people are smart enough to understand no matter what they thought they've been promised, that sometimes circumstances make delivering on those "promises" difficult to almost impossible.

2. Feelings do not change reality. No matter how frustrated anyone feels, it cannot change the reality of supply - as in there isn't enough supply to meet the demand. So all we can do is wait while that issue is being addressed.

First off as someone that spent 15yrs in the Hospitality industry you have the attitude of someone that should quit Hospitality. If you think the people that come to restaurant are **** retarded consumers and not your GUESTS you need a change in carrier path you are clearly burnt out. I wish you all the best even though we disagree as someone that has worked in plenty of restaurants in almost every aspect I realize how it can get to you.

Secondly Much could be done by Mongoose to reward the people that went out on a limb and pre-ordered a game that they had not seen one drop of and patiently waited for. I will not spell it out today but lets be honest they have plenty that they could do to patch up this relationship.

MarkDawg said:
Totenkopf said:
MarkDawg said:
Two things:
1. Working in the "hospitality" industry has taught me one fundamental truth about the consumer/provider relationship - consumers are **** retarded. Sadly, this does not reflect the majority of consumers as a whole, but just those vocal few who feel the need to complain about every little detail. Most people are smart enough to understand no matter what they thought they've been promised, that sometimes circumstances make delivering on those "promises" difficult to almost impossible.

First off as someone that spent 15yrs in the Hospitality industry you have the attitude of someone that should quit Hospitality. If you think the people that come to restaurant are **** retarded consumers and not your GUESTS you need a change in carrier path you are clearly burnt out. I wish you all the best even though we disagree as someone that has worked in plenty of restaurants in almost every aspect I realize how it can get to you.

Secondly Much could be done by Mongoose to reward the people that went out on a limb and pre-ordered a game that they had not seen one drop of and patiently waited for. I will not spell it out today but lets be honest they have plenty that they could do to patch up this relationship.
So...as I stated earlier, those who complain the loudest and publicly usually want free shit. Yeah, I should pretend retards aren't retards because they're my "guests"; sorry, I'm not smart enough to create subtle distinctions between retards that aren't my "guests" and retards that are.

Any chance a moderator might want to jump in here as i can't see how the current direction of this discussion is achieving anything?

I'm not a moderator nor am I an employee of Mongoose.

However, I would ask that the exchanges not get personal. If you have a complaint with what Mongoose has done or not done, then an email to Matthew is most likely to get a response. In the meantime, ripping up at each other in the Forum doesn't really accomplish much that is positive. :(

Please take a deep breath and remember what we have in common which is wargaming. Let's try to not go after each other.

With respect,

Jean

It's cool guys I am not upset to read Totenkopf's post don't censure him. That's his opinion and I am okay with that.

Cheers

I took the hint from the 2 month delay in receiving the rulebook and ordered all my vessels from the 2400 series. I already had a small collection of them anyway.

doublenot7 said:
I took the hint from the 2 month delay in receiving the rulebook and ordered all my vessels from the 2400 series. I already had a small collection of them anyway.

That's what I'm doing as well. Until the fleet box shows, my 2400 series is providing me my money's worth although the D6 & D7's are tired of simulating everything from D5 through C7.

McKinstry said:
doublenot7 said:

That's what I'm doing as well. Until the fleet box shows, my 2400 series is providing me my money's worth although the D6 & D7's are tired of simulating everything from D5 through C7.

Fair option though then you are missing on the extra detail of the bigger scale. Unless you are going to have 2 sets of miniatures in which case things get extraordinarily expensive and they don't really look good next to each other so you are stuck more in situation "which model set I use today" and too bad if ship you are looking for you have only in one scale but not the other.

tneva82 said:
McKinstry said:
doublenot7 said:

Fair option though then you are missing on the extra detail of the bigger scale. Unless you are going to have 2 sets of miniatures in which case things get extraordinarily expensive and they don't really look good next to each other so you are stuck more in situation "which model set I use today" and too bad if ship you are looking for you have only in one scale but not the other.

I already had them in the 2400 series. Eventually I'll sell them or give them to a kid at my FLGS.

I have some 2400's which I used to play my first game. But I have 4 fleet boxes on order 2 Klingon, 2 Federation, plus a bunch of singles. So the 2500 collection should immediately end up either equal to if not larger than the 2400 collection. But, many of my 2400's are also the FJD stuff. Which I have figured out a way to play with, but would not be able to enter them in a tourney. :?

Eagerly anticipating the 2500's. Can't wait to check the porch this evening.

Anyone else concerned?

I understand the current position of Mongoose is that they will be shipping everyone everything during and by the end of Feb. However the distributor that I I purchased mine from is now saying delayed until Summer.

Which, means circa May or longer.

What is the unexpected failure? I understand first that I am purchasing from a retailer of the product so I am patient in that regards. However it sounds to me that no one is getting anything. I was lucky enough to squeak in an get a Squadron box and my book.

What is the current line being fed to everyone?

Same situation here. I pre-ordered my miniatures from an online distributor and their web site is now saying that the fleet boxes have been delayed until Summer 2012. I would like the word directly from Mongoose about what is going on.

Hi guys,

Rumour Control here!

The basic answer we have to give is 'no firm decision has yet been made.'

However, it is clear to us that a full, worldwide launch of a game this popular is going to take a lot more stock than we can generate ourselves within a few weeks.

So...

We are going to supply everyone who pre-ordered from us, as fast as possible (fleet sets are already moving out). We will work with retailers who have fielded their own pre-orders.

If you have already ordered the fleet sets from us (all rulebooks and squadron sets have been shipped), you _will_ have them in your hands as soon as they are manufactured, so the wait will not be too long now.

However, as I said, it is now obvious that we would have trouble not only supplying stores around the world, but keeping them in stock too. To that end, we are talking to some third parties to help support us in the production of this line and, when our warehouse is full of fleet (and squadron!) sets ready to go, we will go with the full launch.

In the mean time, we will support everyone who has started playing the game, in every way - tournaments will still go ahead, rules questions will still be answered, and if you are after a few extra ships to expand your fleet, you will be able to pick those up as well.

At the end of the day, it is not fair to the distributors or the retailers to keep promising them miniatures for their customers when we have a backlog of pre-orders from individuals who trusted us to provide them with the miniatures for their games.

We have listened very carefully to the complaints by our customers regarding both the quantity of the Starline 2500 miniatures we can provide and the quality of those miniatures. We know that both the quantity and quality must be increased. You deserve that.

We have found that even with throwing more money, personnel, and equipment at the problem of getting quality minis out at a fast enough rate to fill orders from pre-orders, mail-orders, retailers, and wholesalers, we are not solving all of the issues or satisfying the demands of you, our customers. This will delay our expected relaunch date of mid-February. In the meantime, we will focus our efforts on fulfilling all of the existing pre-orders and support mail-order requests from both individual customers of Mongoose and ADB.

We have consulted with ADB, Inc. about this decision. Together we could not find a better solution. Neither company is happy with this situation, but we feel it is the best of a bad lot.

It has been a bumpier ride than anyone expected at the start of this joint venture. We deeply regret that some of our best customers have been adversely affected. We are going to fix the problems, but please bear with us and we will keep you informed as to our progress.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Rumour Control here!

The basic answer we have to give is 'no firm decision has yet been made.'

However, it is clear to us that a full, worldwide launch of a game this popular is going to take a lot more stock than we can generate ourselves within a few weeks.

So...

We are going to supply everyone who pre-ordered from us, as fast as possible (fleet sets are already moving out). We will work with retailers who have fielded their own pre-orders.

If you have already ordered the fleet sets from us (all rulebooks and squadron sets have been shipped), you _will_ have them in your hands as soon as they are manufactured, so the wait will not be too long now.

However, as I said, it is now obvious that we would have trouble not only supplying stores around the world, but keeping them in stock too. To that end, we are talking to some third parties to help support us in the production of this line and, when our warehouse is full of fleet (and squadron!) sets ready to go, we will go with the full launch.

In the mean time, we will support everyone who has started playing the game, in every way - tournaments will still go ahead, rules questions will still be answered, and if you are after a few extra ships to expand your fleet, you will be able to pick those up as well.

At the end of the day, it is not fair to the distributors or the retailers to keep promising them miniatures for their customers when we have a backlog of pre-orders from individuals who trusted us to provide them with the miniatures for their games.

We have listened very carefully to the complaints by our customers regarding both the quantity of the Starline 2500 miniatures we can provide and the quality of those miniatures. We know that both the quantity and quality must be increased. You deserve that.

We have found that even with throwing more money, personnel, and equipment at the problem of getting quality minis out at a fast enough rate to fill orders from pre-orders, mail-orders, retailers, and wholesalers, we are not solving all of the issues or satisfying the demands of you, our customers. This will delay our expected relaunch date of mid-February. In the meantime, we will focus our efforts on fulfilling all of the existing pre-orders and support mail-order requests from both individual customers of Mongoose and ADB.

We have consulted with ADB, Inc. about this decision. Together we could not find a better solution. Neither company is happy with this situation, but we feel it is the best of a bad lot.

It has been a bumpier ride than anyone expected at the start of this joint venture. We deeply regret that some of our best customers have been adversely affected. We are going to fix the problems, but please bear with us and we will keep you informed as to our progress.

In short,
Yes. They have been.

well im boned, i have almost no 2400 minis just got into this when the change was annouced. those i was planning on playing with are pretty much bailing to other games. and im not gonna buy a bunch of squandron boxes to make up for the fleet boxes. Thanks but this has got to be the most frustrated ive ever been with a product.

Back