DILGAR REMNANTS

AURIKALKO

Mongoose
Hello!

I was wondering if there could be anyone who would encapsulate the whole Dilgar story arc (how did they look like & why did they have to attack everyone, for instance)? Also, could there be any Dilgar remnants (colonies, lost groups) somewhere?

Thanks
Aurik
alko
means:
"The Idiot" in Vorlon

In re to your supposition that there could be an outpost still existing somewhere:

Per the Television Series Plot Line all of the Dilgar were rounded up and sent to their homeworld--killed when their sun went boom.

BUT ONE escaped, Deathwalker. I always did enjoy that episide.

As to possible plots for a RPG why NOT? A single military transport secretively sneaks out a few scientists and miltary personel to some distant planet on a fringe of the universe planet at the end of the Dilgar War. Rumor has it that this ship settled on a certain little planet far away. Your mission, should you accept it, would be to go there, find out if they are there, look around and report what you see. Well that is one case possiblity.

OR how military intelligence uncovers tantilizing evidence that a Dilgar Warmaster thought killed is living somewhere--your job is to find out.

The possibilites are endless.

After reading these posts a wicked idea popped into my head. :twisted:

What if its a out post where these Dilgar remnants and the Drakk are working on some weapon or weapons of mass destruction to strike back at Earth and the League of Nonaligned Worlds.

As to possible plots for a RPG why NOT? A single military transport secretively sneaks out a few scientists and miltary personel to some distant planet on a fringe of the universe planet at the end of the Dilgar War. Rumor has it that this ship settled on a certain little planet far away. Your mission, should you accept it, would be to go there, find out if they are there, look around and report what you see. Well that is one case possiblity.
There are many possibilities - from a "Forgotten Outpost" (Like in "Into the Crucible", from hidden space stations to leftover colonies) over "Dilgar War Criminals working for -insert race here-" (like Jha'Dur and WindSwords, but who knows who else grabbed a few Dilgar scientists to build them pulsar-style weaponry? Narn, EA, some of the less angry League races...) to an "Return of the Dilgar" (as in "rebuilt elsewhere and are now again a force to be reckoned with - this one required some good excuses let me tell you...) theme - it all depends on what a GM likes in his campaign.

Me, I 've been there and done that years ago...

In my first campaign I had a faaar off (between minbari territory and the rim, two-thirds of the way to Z'ha'dum) dilgar colony (founded during the Dilgar War, when the Dilgar realized they had lost - long story how it could plausibly come into being, and grow fast enough to be big enough for my idea to work) to be discovered by the PC's in 2272 (after the Drakh plague was cured and the EA in the process of recovering) and some interesting choices - who do they tell, knowing that if for example the Drazi hear of the colony, they'd attack it, with others from the league behind them. Are the colony-born Dilgar to be held accountable for the sins of their fathers? How to deal with them, especially since the neo-Dilgar were still rather proud and militaristic, even though they did no longer seem to be conquerors, but rather focussed on rebuilding their race...
And of course, there were a few things the caracters didn't know... like that the neo-Dilgar were not as harmless as they claimed, what they had been doing during all that time (working with the Shadows and the Drakh, wiping out one more race, enslaving another - the usual for Dilgar...), and thatt hey were slowly and silently rebuilding their military in hopes of one day gaining revenge...

OR how military intelligence uncovers tantilizing evidence that a Dilgar Warmaster thought killed is living somewhere--your job is to find out.
Actually the show stated very clearly that all WarMasters were accounted for... and for such a strong statement it would be unlikely that they haven't really checked all the bodies.
However... WarMaster was only the top rank, there are lots of other nasty Dilgar just below that rank, so a WarLeader (second-highest Dilgar rank, could have been a WarMasters right hand and/or successor) would work just as well...

info is in 1st edition rule book only ..... Welcome to the club you could try and convert them over to 2nd edition
See "Heroes and Aliens", p 78-80, a small, but good section on the Dilgar. And it is 2nd Ed...

What if its a out post where these Dilgar remnants and the Drakk are working on some weapon or weapons of mass destruction to strike back at Earth and the League of Nonaligned Worlds.
Possible, though I suppose it might just be grouping too many bad guys in one place.
In my BG the neo-Dilgar had some dealings with the Drakh, but the two also had a falling out as soon as the Shadows were no longer watching over them - a matter of "there can be only one (top dog)". More fun this way... and more danger for my PCs, because if they cause a war with the neo-Dilgar it might drive them back into alliance with leftover ShadowMinions...

I thought that word of the Ghosts of Omelos (from both Merchants, Treaders and Raiders and a related Signs and Portents ACTA article) would be a little more known about by now.

And interestingly enough, it seems that according to the Drakh sourcebook, one of the Imperium's former colonies has had some interesting visitors...

Personally, I'd bet that the Ghosts would take the first chance they found to slit the throat of every Drakh they laid their hands on, and stripped the remains clean for any useful tech they could find.

The Dilgar don't share.

Gary

Back