Centauri in the new Call to Arms 2nd Edition Preview.

what centauri Commander wants?

• Battle lasser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ion Cannons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CZuschlag said:
I'm losing some of the uniqueness of my Dilgar loadout -- no other race focuses on interceptable, short-ranged Double Damage doom until now -- but I am also in favor of it.

Don't worry too much - the Dilgar will be getting new things for their trademarks :)

During the attack on the Narn, Sheridan says that the Centauri use their laser as a punch weapon (not a quote) rather than as a cutting weapon. Perhaps the Centauri weapons can be a different type of laser? Pulse weapon rather than as a cutting laser.

First post, woo hoo

Ok, But whats stads the Volchan could have in this 2nd of call to arms? the reular Volchan have....

Speed 14
Damage 15/5
Crew 20/6
Turn 2/45
Hull 5
Craft None
Trops 1
Special Rules Jump point

Plasma Accelerator range 12" Arc F AD 4 AP,Double Damage
Twin Particle Array range 8" Arc F AD 8 TW

and if you gonna refit this with better traits and weaponds what the Vorchar, Vorchat, Demos and the great Dust Coutari.

Btw:This is My version of the Dust Coutari.

Ceberus1ver3.gif

000_1177.jpg

An unique ship deserve an unique Hull. :p

Actually longrangebob, that idea does present a neat lil weapons system to replace beams on Centauri ships. Keep them SAP, but replace Beam with Mini-Beam and TL. Centauri Pulse Lasers ?

longrangebob said:
During the attack on the Narn, Sheridan says that the Centauri use their laser as a punch weapon (not a quote) rather than as a cutting weapon. Perhaps the Centauri weapons can be a different type of laser? Pulse weapon rather than as a cutting laser.

First post, woo hoo

actually Sheridan doesn't say it, Franklin and garibaldi do and they say the Centauri energy weapons function in an explosive not cutting manner, there is no mention of the word "laser" :wink:

Welcome to the forums btw! :)

angelus2000 said:
Actually longrangebob, that idea does present a neat lil weapons system to replace beams on Centauri ships. Keep them SAP, but replace Beam with Mini-Beam and TL. Centauri Pulse Lasers ?

Mini-beam would prevent them being intercepted and we know from "The Fall Of Night" that they can be intercepted....

emperorpenguin said:
angelus2000 said:

Mini-beam would prevent them being intercepted and we know from "The Fall Of Night" that they can be intercepted....

I know than the name of the game is Babylon 5, but we don't need to be exact to the last detail to the TV series. :wink:

if your not careful someone will write an essay on the topic of how a tabletop game cannot be 100% accurate to a TV series and be fair at the same time etc etc. and will post it several times a day until you give in.

by the way that person is NOT me

alien027 said:
I know than the name of the game is Babylon 5, but we don't need to be exact to the last detail to the TV series. :wink:

I entirely disagree. ACTA basically inherited Battle Lasers (as an example) from B5 Wars and we see just how many people are in favour of change to reflect the show.
If we start changing things to have no relevance to the show then you may as well drop the B5 tag and just call it Space Battle Game

this is a kinda tricky one really, both sides have got a point but i reckon if there are slight tweaks to make it a slightly more equal game then there is no reason why it shouldnt be more comparable to what we see in the show. especially when most of the ship descriptions are based on the show, it would make sense for the actual ship weapons etc to be, wouldnt it? But in the end emperor penguinhas a very good point, most of us here got into this because it was babylon 5 (well i did anyway) so it really should try to reflect the show as much as possible

emperorpenguin said:
alien027 said:

I entirely disagree. ACTA basically inherited Battle Lasers (as an example) from B5 Wars and we see just how many people are in favour of change to reflect the show.
If we start changing things to have no relevance to the show then you may as well drop the B5 tag and just call it Space Battle Game

You are right, But what I said......exact to the last detail. this could mean 95% equal or exact to the TV series, But 5% goes to the mechanical imagination of the table game. At the end those little change can give the fame fr other ideas for a new TV show. :lol:

And if you could have the chance to give the stads or stats ( sorry for my English! :? ) how your new Volchan will be?

my new Vorchan?

Speed 14
Damage 200/1
Crew 250/1
Turn SM
Hull 6
Craft 10 Rutarian Flights
Troops 20
Special Rules Adaptive armour, Advanced Jump point, Stealth 6+, Interceptors 5,

:wink: :lol:

I can't say really, I haven't thought about it

big flaw with your new vorchan - no weapons! it take a lot to kill it but it wont do much damage, or are you using the current weapons, in which case i feel sorry for anyone who is silly enough to let you play it. LoL

Valen is my name said:
big flaw with your new vorchan - no weapons! it take a lot to kill it but it wont do much damage, or are you using the current weapons, in which case i feel sorry for anyone who is silly enough to let you play it. LoL

I felt I'd stretched the sillyness far enough, I was almost reaching for straws :wink:

emperorpenguin said:
my new Vorchan?

Speed 14
Damage 200/1
Crew 250/1
Turn SM
Hull 6
Craft 10 Rutarian Flights
Troops 20
Special Rules Adaptive armour, Advanced Jump point, Stealth 6+, Interceptors 5,

:wink: :lol:

I can't say really, I haven't thought about it

What I can say...... Nothing, david said it all. :lol:

Seriouslly, You have more expreiense make ships Stads or Stats ( whatever english word is.) than me. But tell you the true, I like the hull 6 and the advance jump point. :lol:

Back