Captives of Kaag

msprange said:
Just to let you know chaps, this book is now with Mr Dever for final checking and then it is off to print. Book 15 is hot on its heels, just passing through editing right now, and we are already lining up for Book 16. We have a dedicated crew on these books now, so you should see them appear with far greater regularity than before.

Woot!

:D

Drake_NZ said:
Great!!!

Any update on Storms of Chai???

We have a date for the delivery of the manuscript (not too far away), and we wait with bated breath!

We'll keep you posted on that one...

msprange said:
We have a dedicated crew on these books now, so you should see them appear with far greater regularity than before.

Good to hear from you Matt. Excellent news indeed.

I've got to say, I'm curious to see where the bonus adventures go now that the Multiplayer Heroes Of Magnamund book is out, to my mind there's some real potential there to play with the new classes.

Hey guys

This thread has been quiet for almost a month now, still no sign of Captives of Kaag. I see it's still down as a September release - is that going to happen or will it be October?

I'm happy either way - some info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

Today's Planet Mongoose puts the release approximately a month away. Late October/Early November. It's at the printer.

Book fifteen to follow 3-4 weeks later, so probably May or June time. :wink:

That's Ok, I just happened to be digging for info myself when I noticed you'd not had a response.

It's been a pretty long drag since book 13 (early January IIRC), hopefully we should get a couple of books before Christmas, but I am hopeful 2011 will be a better year now the LW reprints have a full time staff. I suppose the bright side is that this year has clearly highlighted a problem and the guys at Mongoose have at least done something to address it.

Fingers crossed eh?

Thanks for the update T.Y.A. The products page has it listed as a Last Month and 15 as a Next Month release which might be confusing a lot of people since, clearly, neither is going to happen.

I hope you're right about the pace increasing. Two books a year isn't going to cut it. It's certainly a far cry from when the first book came out and I talked to the guys at GenCon. In my worst nightmares I never imagined the possibility that I might retire before these books are done coming out.

It's hard to be confident though when you have almost a 6 month wait for the initial books (from the Megadeal; printing issues I was told) and after all this time the pace has only slowed. As recently as June, Book 15 was listed as an August release even though, by that point, they must have known that Book 14 wasn't even going to be out by then. I realise that unforseen things can come up but we're years into this project and most of the info we get regarding it still ends up being wrong. I would've thought by this point that, at the very least, we'd be getting straight talk but that was apparently too much too hope for.

jolt

LOL! Retired. Even I've got more faith than that. :wink:

Yeah. I feel your frustration. In the early days I used to get quite annoyed by the constant slippage of release dates and lack of solid info, but with hindsight they seem to be halcyon days now. As I say, from the various annoncements Matt and crew have realised this year has been a bit of a debacle as far as the Megadeal original time scale is concerned and IIRC now have a full time LW person/team(?). Hopefully it can only bode well.

As a thought, someone, somewhere in a thread made mention of making a "Sticky" for general updates to what's happening with the books. I'd second it as a really good idea and would save a lot of digging through the forum.

Nearing the end of October now ...

Though as I see book 15 as dropped back to December, I'm more hopefully we will make the October date than before.

My patience with the gross ineptitude of this process has pretty much dissolved into nothingness at this point.

I feel as though I was sorely taken advantage of when I purchased the 'Mega Deal' several years ago.

The first few books arrived quickly enough, but were of unexpectedly poor quality with errors, shoddy bindings, missing sections, etc.

Now the quality of the books has improved, but we're getting what...one or two this year?

I have never issued so much as a single complaint with this process throughout its entirety. In fact, I have publicly implored people on these boards to be patient and courteous when I felt that they were voicing undue criticism over petty issues like typos and missing combat charts.

And yet now, here I sit, watching the release date for each book slip further and further off target. I feel poorly treated as a customer and feel as though I have been made a fool of by trusting Mongoose with a not-insubstantial sum of money in the hopes that they could keep up some semblance of their end of the original bargain.

I realize that there is a supposed 'designated team' for LW reprints now. Though I would question why in the heck there hasn't been one throughout the whole of this process. And even so, the announcement of such a team's appointment was made MONTHS ago and book 14 is still dying on the vine.

Never again.

Hi guys,

Book 14 is at the printers right _now_ and we are just waiting to hear when it will be shipping. It is not long to wait now. Book 15 will be following it very soon.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Book 14 is at the printers right _now_ and we are just waiting to hear when it will be shipping. It is not long to wait now. Book 15 will be following it very soon.

AWESOME, thanks for the update msprange!!

I feel your pain Clegane, and know how you feel...however I have to admit that even with the long wait I get REALLY excited when msprange delivers us good news, just wish it were more frequent! hehe

Back