Captives of Kaag

WritingWolf

Mongoose
Hi Mongoose

Just wondering when Book 14 is due out? I know it says "June" in your release date, but as the book has been pushed back a bit just wondering about an update.

Same deal with Book 15 as well.

I won't hold you to any dates, as I say just wondering.

Also - are Mongoose going to republish the Highway Warrior books? I've only got the one and it's pretty good, so I was wondering if they are going to be released. If not then perhaps it may be worth asking JD.

Ta

PLanet Mongoose had the full scoop on this, but in a nutshell, a recent RQ book was waaaaaay larger than we had expected, and bumped a few projects, LW14 being one of them. We just need to find a bit of editorial time on this one, so you should not have to wait much longer.

We'll keep you all posted on this.

Once again feel I need to voice concern that "Lone Wolf" and specifically the "Mega" deal customers are getting something of a raw deal. While I understand that other projects also need time, I'd like to remind Mongoose that some of it's customers had the confidence and belief in your ability to deliver on a product, to a schedule and pay out in advance a not insignificant amount of money.

The cynic in me does suspect that Lone Wolf is being push back in favour of projects which weren't paid for in advance three years ago. You've got my money in the bank and I feel you're not really devoting the time and energy to meeting your end of the commitment. I cite your release schedule: This month - Three Runequest, two traveller books, next month two Runequest, three Traveller, yet it's September before LW Book 15 even appears, judging by past experience, that's more than likely meaning October or November for the book to arrive on the doorstep. Joe Dever was almost writing faster than you're reprinting right now.

Please Mongoose, instead of adding even more licenses to the Mongoose stable, sort out something sensible and fair to all your customers with the ones you already have. Taking those of us for granted who paid in advance to support the reprinting of this hugely nostalgic series is really pretty bad form.

Regards,

Mark.

msprange said:
We are endeavouring to do exactly this.

Excellent! I look forward to a good, solid block of gamebook releases in the near future, it'll be nice to see LW take centre stage for a while, while I've no wish to see RQ and Traveller fans pushed out into the cold, I'm glad to hear there will be a more even distribution across the board.

Thanks Matthew.

Regards,

Mark.

T.Y.A. said:
Once again feel I need to voice concern that "Lone Wolf" and specifically the "Mega" deal customers are getting something of a raw deal. While I understand that other projects also need time, I'd like to remind Mongoose that some of it's customers had the confidence and belief in your ability to deliver on a product, to a schedule and pay out in advance a not insignificant amount of money.

In business, never advance money to another party if you don't have to, because then the other party's incentive to perform is reduced because they already have your money! Further, you've paid in advance for something that you are unsure of the quality of. Lastly, should unfortunately economic circumstances force Mongoose out of business through no fault of their own, consumers who put money down in advance will not be made whole just as corporate shareholders are usually not made whole in a bankruptcy proceeding. Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly very favorable to the Lone Wolf re-issues and am buying them as they are released, but the Mega-deal is a mega-bad idea for the consumer.

coreystinson said:
Lastly, should unfortunately economic circumstances force Mongoose out of business through no fault of their own, consumers who put money down in advance will not be made whole just as corporate shareholders are usually not made whole in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Should that happen, don't forget that Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act applies, if you've paid by credit card (in the UK).

coreystinson said:
the Mega-deal is a mega-bad idea for the consumer.

Should also point out that the Mega-Deal not only saves you money, but it is also a foprm of protection from any price increases. Plus, you will get books 29-32 long before anyone else (just as soon as Mr Dever finishes writing them :)).

Greg Smith said:
coreystinson said:
Lastly, should unfortunately economic circumstances force Mongoose out of business through no fault of their own, consumers who put money down in advance will not be made whole just as corporate shareholders are usually not made whole in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Should that happen, don't forget that Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act applies, if you've paid by credit card (in the UK).

I don't think that would help you if the credit card processor could no longer pull funds back from the then-defunct account of the bankrupt company. I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US there is a statue of limitations on chargebacks, which I believe is 6 months.

Well either way I'll be happy when the book is out.

I'm paying as I go (as I couldn't afford the Mega-deal) so now I'm shelling out the increased costs. It's not all bad though - the delay in printing does limit the impact on my bank account!

I can't imagine any defaults occuring - the LW books are pretty much sure to sell, so it's an easy win for any company to publish. I don't know what the figures are, but they must sell enough to make them worth printing.

WritingWolf said:
I can't imagine any defaults occuring - the LW books are pretty much sure to sell, so it's an easy win for any company to publish. I don't know what the figures are, but they must sell enough to make them worth printing.

As always I agree with you Writing Wolf, surely books 29-32 alone must make it a very profitable venture.

(Puts on mischievous hat, picks up stick and starts poking hornets nest)

How about "The Darke Crusade"? :wink:

Could we have a bit of info about the bonus adventures in LW 14 and 15, soon to be published in July and September? Who will be the hero of these two bonus adventures?

Will we have in the near future (like in LW10) a bonus adventure with Lone Wolf as the hero?

It's kind of funny to see a post from July 30th say "soon to be released in July". I think by the 30th it was pretty safe to say that a July release wasn't happening despite being in the final checks on the 7th.

Let's be honest, the LW books are never going to be on time. Originally, LW 14 was a June release and LW 15 in July. Now it's July and September. July's a wash and I fully expect September to be as well. That's just the way Lone Wolf is happening right now. Even meeting the modified dates now comes as a pleasant surprise.

jolt

I'm not sure what the delays are - it's quite handy on my bank account! Release dates slip - maybe Mongoose found some errors and fixed them before printing, hence the slip. As long as it gets here, though an update would be nice. :D

Back