Captives of Kaag

WritingWolf said:
Hey Koreth

I like most of the artwork, it's just the overall architecture of the cities which, for me, is disappointing. A lot of them look the same, and there is a little grandeur left.

Having said that, the interiors of Kaag were good.

Yeah I know what you're saying. There are little things here and there. However, I'm not as famillair with the NO books, so I'm less able to make comparisons between BW and new illustrations. In some cases, I question why an illustrator would do new renditions of the BW illustrations and open the door to comparisons.

I'm happy with the new illustrations. I think they're great. Its kinda like they stand on their own.

Judecca said:
hello there :)

still didn't received my copy :(

I 've pre-orderd this book in February already.. How long are the shipping times for books in Austria ?

thx

dont worry, normaly i get the books 10 days after the guys in the UK

so i guess for us austrians it will be around next week

Ok, I've read through the book. All good stuff, but I've got a couple of questions about the bonus adventure (very good by the way).

I'll try to avoid spoilers

Firstly, as written, you start with no equipment apart from the clothes on your back, but there's an assumption you also have a backpack as certain sections tell you certain items are stowed in your backpack. (I did skim the sections after completing and couldn't find one anywhere). Should there be a freebie one in the equipment?

Secondly, from section 60 there's a directly to 51 which doesn't seem to flow correctly but is feasable, sort of... Further on, via an alternative direction there's a section which does potentially lead to 51, but in that case makes perfect sense... Should the redirect from 60 be to somewhere else?

T.Y.A,

I'm glad to hear you liked the adventure. The backpack issue was just not well explained (a slip on my part). Many of the wandering undead soldiers were dressed in ragged gear as an amusement to Azavath. One can even see a few straps suggesting backpacks in the illustration in the original Book 14. I should have mentioned the backpack as part of Dire's clothes.

As for 60 leading to 51... I can't explain that one. Not quite sure what happened there. My flowchart doesn't show that at all. let me investigate and I'll get back with you all!

Take care,
-August

Cheers August,

Many thanks for the response, I guessed it was probably an oversight and played through as though I'd got a backpack anyway... Then I had gaming guilt. ;-)

Looking forward to the next installment! Are you allowed to tell us how many parts you're writing?

As many as they let me. :)

As it stands, I have Dire's story plotted out to five stories. With luck, I'll be able to offer them all. I enjoy the character and writing for him is fun.

-A

I received mine yesterday, very nice! I particularily appreciated the illustrations of Pascal Quidault.

And the bonus adventure by August is very exciting! I loved that very dark atmosphere, the discovery by the player of his own undead condition, it reminded me the excellent Creature of Havoc by Steve Jackson, but settled in the Lone Wolf Universe! And once again, like Shoongath in Glory and Greed, and like the narrator of The Darklands, a great, sadistic villain is present in the person of Azavath!! You're a king for greating charismatic villains.
That was also great to explore new parts of Kaag, especially the Kaagart Chasm! Did you create it, was it a new element released by Joe Dever?

By the way, nice work, and I'm impatient to read the sequel in future books!

Zorkaan said:
And the bonus adventure by August is very exciting! I loved that very dark atmosphere, the discovery by the player of his own undead condition, it reminded me the excellent Creature of Havoc by Steve Jackson, but settled in the Lone Wolf Universe! And once again, like Shoongath in Glory and Greed, and like the narrator of The Darklands, a great, sadistic villain is present in the person of Azavath!! You're a king for greating charismatic villains.
That was also great to explore new parts of Kaag, especially the Kaagart Chasm! Did you create it, was it a new element released by Joe Dever?

Well thank you! I am very glad you enjoyed it, mate. Shoongath is still one of my absolute favorites and I can't wait for you all to read more of her in Sand and Sorrow.

As for the Kaagart Chasm, that's a feature I created for the story. I rather love the idea that most of the Darklands rests on caverns, rifts and hollow spaces - it reminds me of rot and corruption taking root in the earth. Glad you liked it!

Take care,
-August

MongooseAugust said:
Shoongath is still one of my absolute favorites and I can't wait for you all to read more of her in Sand and Sorrow.
So do I! I'm very happy that she'll be present in the second part!

MongooseAugust said:
As for the Kaagart Chasm, that's a feature I created for the story. I rather love the idea that most of the Darklands rests on caverns, rifts and hollow spaces - it reminds me of rot and corruption taking root in the earth. Glad you liked it!
I love this image of a rot and corruption taking root in the earth materialized by the Nengud-Kor-Adez, as you wrote in The Darklands, and I can assure you that my players love it too! In any case, you seems to appreciate a lot subterranean dark forces, I even wonder whether the Lake of Blood and the mixed bloods of Agarash and Nyxator won't meet somewhere deep beneath Magnamund to make something... very special! He, he, he.

Methos said:
Judecca said:

I 've pre-orderd this book in February already.. How long are the shipping times for books in Austria ?

thx

nothing arrived until now :( did you received it ?

Judecca said:
Methos said:
Judecca said:

thx

nothing arrived until now :( did you received it ?

got mine yesterday so i guess yours should arrive any time now

Hello there !

still didn't receive my copy of Captives of Kaag :((

pre-ordered it in february already ! what can we do ? please help, thx.

Back