Brakiri/Abbai Brivoki Advanced Warship makeover

alien027

Mongoose
This a pic of the flying brick, Brakiri/Abbai Brivoki Advanced Warship, But alot of people didn't like it.

ctabrivoki.jpg

I will give you a few more desing to see, tell me which one you like?

LeagueSize2.gif

FighterSizeB2.gif

Well, the pic is a little small (of the other Brakiri ships) but I know that the top left one is the Corami Dreadnaught. I think it is sleek and cool... and of course VERY big, so if you were thinking of modding a ship, I would base it along that design.

Am I jumping the gun? What are your intentions?

hmm, the problem with the brivoki, apart from being insanely ugly was that it has a brakiri name, brakiri design, and brakiri colours (ok abbai could re-paint theirs) to me it looks like a brakiri ship, that the abbai stuck some guns on, I would have loved to see something that was clearly a hybrid of each race. However, I like the top left one :)

Personal favourite - the Coroumai, top left on the 'capital ships' diagram, just to the left of the Avioki. It's a pure Brakiri design, rather than a joint Brakiri/Abbai program, but worth making a mini of anyway as it looks like an alien spaceship rather than something a five year old constructed from play-dough and Lego.

And it doesn't have a Thomas-the-Tank-Spaceship style grin.

(I still really, really loathe the Brivoki, but you probably guessed that).

... and can someone tell me why the side pods on the Brivoki has acne? What is with those little bumps?

Yeah... I really detest that Brivoki, not cause it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... but also (like several have said) lacks the hybrid look that it was supposed to accomplish.

Without the fiction I would deduce that it is entirely Brakiri... it needs work.

No quarter

The Corumai is purely Brakiri? Arent we getting a little ahead of ourselves?

SFOS does mention it in the Abbai flavor text, also saying that the weapons were mostly, if not purely quad bolter arrays with combat lasers.

LoL! No worries, Voronesh (*holsters PPG*)

The Coroumai (sp?) was from B5W, where one played a brief but important role in defending Brokados from the Dilgar. There was also a carrier variant.

I also like the Coroumai design, it looks nice for a Brakiri ship. But I do agree that the curernt ships just doesn't look like a hybrid and instead near enough completely Brakiri ( and uber ugly Brakiri at that). Surely a bit more imagination could of been put into the design....

Use the coroumi hull shape (it's cool), if you want to make it look more abbai, give it the rounded hull plates common to the abbai (whereas brakiri tend to be squared and flat with slightly rounded corners) and a slightly re-entrant prow as on the tiraca (don't overdo it and create another miniature with a daft grin....)

Lastly, make the lower main fin the same as the wings off the bimith (which is the moste barkiri looking abbi ship)

locarno24 said:
Use the coroumi hull shape (it's cool), if you want to make it look more abbai, give it the rounded hull plates common to the abbai (whereas brakiri tend to be squared and flat with slightly rounded corners) and a slightly re-entrant prow as on the tiraca (don't overdo it and create another miniature with a daft grin....)

Lastly, make the lower main fin the same as the wings off the bimith (which is the moste barkiri looking abbi ship)

And then give it to me... :D

Is the Brivoki even any good? Obviously without giving away too much... but is it? Just curious.

No Quarter Nomad said:
The Coroumai (sp?) was from B5W, where one played a brief but important role in defending Brokados from the Dilgar. There was also a carrier variant.

The same dreadnaught (or did they build more than one?) was supposed to fight at the Battle of Couriana 6 but it was plagued with mechanical issues. It never made it... obviously.

3rd Mate (Abraxas) said:
locarno24 said:

And then give it to me... :D

Is the Brivoki even any good? Obviously without giving away too much... but is it? Just curious.

No Quarter Nomad said:

The same dreadnaught (or did they build more than one?) was supposed to fight at the Battle of Couriana 6 but it was plagued with mechanical issues. It never made it... obviously.

It's interesting, I think the 2 beams are pretty nice, one brakiri (so slow loading) and one Abbai. My biggest complaint on the ship stats were A) No Lance, come on, it's a great gun! and B)that they used the twin bolters or whatever from abbai, but didn't upgrade them with Brakiri APness. seemed daft. rather than merge weapon tech, they basically got a hull and stuck a few guns each on.

3rd Mate (Abraxas) said:
... and can someone tell me why the side pods on the Brivoki has acne? What is with those little bumps?

Yeah... I really detest that Brivoki, not cause it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... but also (like several have said) lacks the hybrid look that it was supposed to accomplish.

Without the fiction I would deduce that it is entirely Brakiri... it needs work.
They are little fins! When the Brivoki is startled it reveals these and begins to ruffle them.

Did you also notice those enormous windows across the side of the ship?

I can see the fin of the Brovoki located on the bottom towards the front coming from an Abbai Tiraca's top fin and then continued the design on the top fin but thats it...

I like the idea of using the hull design from the lower picture, left-most ship. (If it is a tri-wing design as it appears to be) If it's the right scale, it would be a VERY nice looking ship.

Fin-man

I`d have to agree,the Coroumai is by far a better design,the Brivoki is far to ugly,what a shame they didn`t break the mold on that one.

Whitehaven said:
I`d have to agree,the Coroumai is by far a better design,the Brivoki is far to ugly,what a shame they didn`t break the mold on that one.

I thought they HAD broken the mould....and many others! :p

Fin-man said:
I like the idea of using the hull design from the lower picture, left-most ship. (If it is a tri-wing design as it appears to be) If it's the right scale, it would be a VERY nice looking ship.

Fin-man

That's a Pikitos fighter. The mini used to be availible from AoG, but I don't know if it still is.

Back