500 Credit Gang list?

Would anyone care to give me some critique regarding my 500 Credit Gang list? If this is the wrong forum, I apologize, as I am new here.

Street Gang “The Conneries”

Credits: 500

THE BARKO BROTHERS
Rufus Barko - Juve (10 crd)

--Handgun (+10 crd)
--Laser Pistol (+25 crd)
--Electro-Prod (+10 crd)

Dougal Barko - Juve (10 crd)
--Lvl 1 Hero (+50 pts)
--Cleaver (+30 crd)
--Hand Cannon (+40 crd)
--Fire Bomb (+25 crd)

Milo Barko - Juve (10 crd)
--Club (+5 crd)
--Spit Pistol (+20 crd)
--Shell Jacket (+20 crd)

Rex Barko - Punk (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Stump Gun (+10 crd)
--Large Club (+10 crd)
--Hand Bombs (+20 crd)
--Sports Armor (+30 crd)

MERCENARIES
2 Merc Juves (+50 crd)
1 Merc Punk (+40 crd)

TOTAL: 495 crd

I'd probably give Juves zip guns so they have a better chance of hitting something, and would probably give each member less stuff to try and fit in 2 Punk heros with spit guns or spit pistols for some heavier firepower. A street gang should be able to throw out a ton of fire given the members are so cheap.

TkNyarlathotep said:
So a street gang list should have more of a "less is more" approach, with more guys than big guns?

Well, your list doesn't really have any big guns at all. You have lavished some expensive equipment on Juves who probably cant do much with it. Give them cheap weapons that increase their hit chances, like the zip gun, some basic armour and maybe a knife. Have a few of them for fodder + a Juve with a med pack, then spend the other 300 or so on Punks with decent firepower. A punk hero with a spit gun, plus one with a rifle and some armour for both is easily affordable in a 6-7 man gang.

Okay, here's the Mk. 2

THE BARKO BROTHERS
3 Juves (30 crd)
--Zip Guns (+30 crd)
--Knives (+15 crd)
--Shell Jackets (+60 crd)

Rex Barko - Punk (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Stump Gun (+10 crd)
--Knife (+5 crd)
--Sports Armor (+30 crd)

Medboi - Juve (10 crd)
--Zip Gun (+10 crd)
--Shell Jacket (+20 crd)
--Medi-Kit (+25 crd)

MERCENARIES
1 Merc Juves (+25 crd)
4 Merc Punk (+160 crd)

TOTAL: 500 crd

You don't buy Mercs as starting units in a gang/force. You only have one hero? And you give him a Stump gun? That means he is going to have to get in closer range to hit anything and probably be gunned down by turn 2!!

Wouldn't waste the creds on shell jackets for lots of juves. Pad armour is fine if you must. These guys are cheap and expendable, don't lavish to much stuff on them.

If possible luck at at least 3 Punk Heros to a maximum of 300 odd creds. Then 200 creds worth of cheap juve gun fodder, if you play enough games some will survive to become punk Heros.

You should be able to get roughly 10 miniatures faily tooled up enough to outnumber (until your shot to bits) and outshoot most gangs except maybe Zombies.

Butcher's Boy said:
I dont think you generally have mercenaries ij a starting gang,

Possibly you mean minions?

I think? Do I have to scratchbuild all of my minions or can I use the listing from the Mercenaries army list?

Deathjester said:
You don't buy Mercs as starting units in a gang/force. You only have one hero? And you give him a Stump gun? That means he is going to have to get in closer range to hit anything and probably be gunned down by turn 2!!

What firepower would you recommend instead?

Deathjester said:
Wouldn't waste the creds on shell jackets for lots of juves. Pad armour is fine if you must. These guys are cheap and expendable, don't lavish to much stuff on them.

Noted. I'd like to at least keep them alive, expendable or no.

Deathjester said:
If possible luck at at least 3 Punk Heros to a maximum of 300 odd creds. Then 200 creds worth of cheap juve gun fodder, if you play enough games some will survive to become punk Heros.

Why three heroes? That seems a little excessive...

Why 3 Heros ? Well mostly to have a consistent core to your gang or force which will gain experience and talents etc.

Minions will come and go very quickly and if you only have 1 hero, you will find him/her targeted and taken out quickly leaving you leaderless and with a lack of options.

Mostly for punk Heros I would give them Spitguns. Good rate of fire and range, and increases chances of hits.

As per the rulebook, mercs are used to make up a difference in force values and disappear after each fight costing you how ever many creds they were worth from the winnings. So you never put them on a force list unless you are fighting someone high than you.

Another modification

THE PUNKSZ

Total Credits: 495

4 Juves (40 crd)
--Knife (+20 crd)
--Zip Guns (+40 crd)

Medboi - Juve (10 crd)
--Zip Gun (+10 crd)
--Pad Armor (+10 crd)
--Medi-Kit (+25 crd)

Joe Donaghey - Punk Hero (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Spit Gun (+50 crd)

Jackie Spitz - Punk Hero (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Spit Gun (+50 crd)

Rawken Rawling - Punk Hero (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Heavy Spit Gun (+50 crd)

The Heavy Spit Gun for 50 creds was unfortunately just a mistake....the latest version of the rules has corrected this. I'd replace the 50 you allocated for the HSG for a rifle at 20 creds and use the difference to buy your punks some shell armour, and then you're good to go!

Do you mean leather armor for my three punks? After that modification, I go up to 485 Creds, three pieces of Leather Armor is 15 which would take me up to 500.

Fixed a math error and altered some things. This is likely my final list, unless there's something really glaring I'm missing. Thanks for your help, all! :)

4 Juves (40 crd)
--2 Knives (+10 crd)
--Zip Guns (+40 crd)

Medboi - Juve (10 crd)
--Zip Gun (+10 crd)
--Medi-Kit (+25 crd)
--Leather Armor (+5 crd)

Joe Donaghey - Punk Hero (20 crd)
--Level 1 Hero (+50 crd)
--Spit Gun (+50 crd)
--Shell Jacket (+10 crd)