Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

I was posting this over on the FC forum as well; but does anyone here have any pics showing what the Romulan Hawk-series ships look like when painted up?

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone had painted up the SparrowHawk, FireHawk, RoyalHawk and/or FastHawk; and had pics showing how photogenic the results may be.

I haven't done any Romulan ships, though I would imagine SOMEONE here has. We can't ALL be just Federation, Klingon, and Gorn players here... :p

Nerroth said:
I was posting this over on the FC forum as well; but does anyone here have any pics showing what the Romulan Hawk-series ships look like when painted up?

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone had painted up the SparrowHawk, FireHawk, RoyalHawk and/or FastHawk; and had pics showing how photogenic the results may be.

Gary: You know that mongoose has painted examples of hte prototypes on the ACTASF Romulan page, don't you?

I have seen those; but should no-one post any of the Federation or Klingon pics they have added to this thread, just because Mongoose have those covered already?

I wanted to ask if anyone out there had put their own spin on these ships, and if they were willing to show off their results.

(Not least since the SparrowHawk and its larger cousins are among the most radical of re-designs from the first wave of Starline 2500 minis; I wanted to see if those efforts have paid off in terms of inspiring collectors on the Mongoose side of things to collect and paint them.)

Here's a slightly different take on the Fed OCL. Although it's the 2500 version,I'm using it as a 2400 Battle Cruiser for my Auroran scratchbuilt fleet. Here it is,along with my scratchbuilt BC.

DSCN2780.jpg

DSCN2779.jpg

DSCN2783.jpg

DSCN2781.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

I will try to take more pics once I have some actual daylight to work with; but here's a look at my WIP 2500-series FastHawk, the RIS Æstus Estus.

AestusEstus1.jpg

AestusEstus2.jpg

AestusEstus3.jpg

I named the ship after the sword used by a character in an RPG on the PlayStation Portable; this pic shows the blade beside its new namesake:

AestusEstus4.jpg

The red looks a little different in person than in the pics; I'm not quite sure how to better capture the true colour of the hull. Oh well.

It's not all that bright outside, but it technically counts as daylight, so...

(The below are all works in progress; I'm not comfirtable enough to decalre any of them to be done and dusted, and that's not counting the decals I'm somewhat nervous about putting onto some of them.)

Here are a few more pics of the Æstus Estus:

AestusEstus5.jpg

AestusEstus6.jpg

AestusEstus7.jpg

This one shows it alongside a Fed NCF. (The Fed ship is blurry, but I wanted to post it anyway since the Rom came out well in it.)

FedNCFandRomulanFFH1.jpg

The NCF has soem decals waiting to go onto it once (if) I get it into some sort of decent shape. The decals I got are for the NCC-1382 Simón Bolívar, which historically was a new (fast) light cruiser instead; I wanted to have a set in case Mongoose ever do a proper NLF mini, and I suppose I could consider this ship to be what the Bolívar might have looked like had it been upgraded to an NCF.

FedNCF1.jpg

Outside of the Alpha Octant, the four other ships I've been working on are ear-marked for service in the Federal Republic of Aurora:

Auroran1.jpg

The CL, which has decals waiting to turn it into the CL-05 RSS Andoria, seems to photograph a little better than the other white WIP ships. (Not that this is saying much, I suppose.)

AuroranCL1.jpg

Here it is alongside the CR Throne of Ozymondas.

AuroranCRandCL1.jpg

The Throne might need a do-over; I'm not sure I'm on the right track with the colour scheme, plus it doesn't take well to photographs as it stands.

AuroranCR1.jpg

AuroranCR2.jpg

And these ships are set to become the FF-08 RSS Bremen and the FFE-01 RSS Hessen.

AuroranFFandFFE1.jpg

Apologies if they aren't the cleanest of paint jobs so far; I've been away from my paintbrush for quite a while by the time I started work on these, not that I was much of an expert at my best in any case.

Apologies for taking so many pictures of the same ship; but I've been experimenting as much with ways to take images of it as with the actual painting itself.

(These ones were with a plain white sheet of printer paper laid out on the top of my notebook as background.)

AestusEstus8.jpg

AestusEstus9.jpg

AestusEstus10.jpg

AestusEstus11.jpg

AestusEstus12a.jpg

AestusEstus13.jpg

AestusEstus14.jpg

Do these images come out any better than the others?

Struggling with a suitable Klingon colouring scheme here folks...gone with grey rather than green Klinks, but trying to get to grips with some of the detailing on the ships. I think I have got Rom's down ok, but my klingon fleet are still without a finished ship...mostly just dry brushed and some basic colours.

open to suggestions.

Wagged said:
Struggling with a suitable Klingon colouring scheme here folks...gone with grey rather than green Klinks, but trying to get to grips with some of the detailing on the ships. I think I have got Rom's down ok, but my klingon fleet are still without a finished ship...mostly just dry brushed and some basic colours.

open to suggestions.

hmm seem to have lost the photos...

Back