Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

Wagged said:
Struggling with a suitable Klingon colouring scheme here folks...gone with grey rather than green Klinks, but trying to get to grips with some of the detailing on the ships. I think I have got Rom's down ok, but my klingon fleet are still without a finished ship...mostly just dry brushed and some basic colours.

open to suggestions.
Concur... a photo of progress to date would help sort out where you're at and where you're headed... and maybe enable us to make some suggestions.

Just don't listen to any of mine. :wink:
I ended up using a palette of 23 colors for my Klingons! :roll:

OK SD...but...even though I've tried uploading the photos, they aren't displaying at all.

I've opened a photobucket account, so hopefully you'll get to see the works in progress this time round ...

DSCF2623_zps4c625405.jpg

Condor..as if you need telling

DSCF2627_zpsf34f6655.jpg

D7 and...

DSCF2626_zps006bb088.jpg

C7...

I've given them a basic black base, drybrushed with some London Grey, low lighted with some Panzer grey I think it is and highlighted leading edges with some light grey...trouble is that's where I've stalled..not sure whether or not to give them a wash with another grey to smooth out the edges or to go for a smoke wash...ho hum...

Wagged said:
OK SD...but...even though I've tried uploading the photos, they aren't displaying at all.
Strange. Let me try...
View attachment 1
Those aren't Mongoose models, they're my Starline 2200 ships. They're older than Mongoose, probably older than some of the people reading this, and I probably couldn't do that sort of detail by hand now. :)

As for attaching photos, there are several steps. You need to scroll down to the part where you can browse for a filename and then press "Add the file". Then, directly below where you type your message, there's a line which says "Attachments", your filename, and a button which says "Place inline" - clicking that will insert a marker for your attachment into your post. If you can see my birds then it works. :)

Ok - got them uploaded ok, and linked via photobucket...

Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

DSCF2310_zpsf0f5645d.jpg

Finished Battle Hawk...

Unfinished C7...
DSCF2625_zpsbf4f8d3e.jpg

Well, I thought I'd stick up a couple of photos of my fleet... although anyone on the FC boards will have seen them before!

USS Berlin:
DSCF2954.jpg

USS Enrique Bermudez:
DSCF2947.jpg

FPC Samuel Vimes
DSCF2942.jpg

The converted CDW (Commando War Destroyer) USS Private Johnson Beharry:
DSCF3001.jpg

DSCF3004.jpg

And finally, my fleet to date... not a great photo but I haven't got round to taking a better one!
528760_10151227224771117_2111817806_n.jpg

Pete said:
My name is Pete, and I think I have a cruiser addiction! :D

Nah... not really. I think I'm up to 12 heavy cruisers, 2 command cruisers, and have a Gettysburg-class heavy command cruiser on the way.

scoutdad said:
Pete said:
My name is Pete, and I think I have a cruiser addiction! :D

Nah... not really. I think I'm up to 12 heavy cruisers, 2 command cruisers, and have a Gettysburg-class heavy command cruiser on the way.
In that case, I shall follow in your footsteps, o wise one!

There are enough very minor imperfections to indicate that those birds are hand-painted rather than decals. If so, they're superb!

AdrianH said:
There are enough very minor imperfections to indicate that those birds are hand-painted rather than decals. If so, they're superb!

Yes, they are hand painted. The Sparrowhawk in my box, lines are not depth enough for washing so it will have to be a decal.

billclo said:
captdsulu said:
AdrianH said:

Yes, they are hand painted. The Sparrowhawk in my box, lines are not depth enough for washing so it will have to be a decal.

Do you have a way to obtain decals for the belly birds? Or know someone who can design/print out decals to order? I've got some ideas that I wanted to have made, but it turned out to be not feasible for the foreseeable future.

I make my own. Decal paper runs about $2.00 a sheet. I use GIMP to edit them. My Klingons have the ship class and number done in Klingon font.

captdsulu said:
I make my own. Decal paper runs about $2.00 a sheet. I use GIMP to edit them. My Klingons have the ship class and number done in Klingon font.

What kind of decal paper do you use? I have seen it clear and also with a white background. And would you be willing to share you gimp files. I am not much of a graphic artist. :)

Sickeningly good :)

The "aztec" effect is a particularly nice touch, and the nacelle caps are quite effective. Looking at the banding on the engines, I'd take it to be one of the older "R" cruisers. Intentional or artistic licence ? (looks good either way).

It's been a while since I got anymore ships painted, but I'm close to finishing some Federation ships for use at GottaCon 2013 this weekend. Tonight I'll get some decals made up and onto them.

Finished photos might not be until after the weekend because I've got other preparation to do.

20130130_230512.jpg

20130130_230723.jpg

20130130_230451.jpg

20130130_230627.jpg

20130130_230705.jpg

20130130_230522.jpg

20130130_230607.jpg

20130130_230515.jpg

20130130_230503.jpg

20130130_230359.jpg

McKickaha said:
Here are a few shots of a alternative paint scheme fed heavy cruiser I am painting for a friend. Still a WIP
Wow! I really love the way you handled the panel detail on the surface of the saucer hull. WIth those deep grooves its easy to over do things, but you paint job looks great. 8)

mdauben said:
McKickaha said:
Here are a few shots of a alternative paint scheme fed heavy cruiser I am painting for a friend. Still a WIP
Wow! I really love the way you handled the panel detail on the surface of the saucer hull. WIth those deep grooves its easy to over do things, but you paint job looks great. 8)

Concur ! I relly like that trio-scheme grey effect.

Back