What do YOU think the new licences are?

Gabriel_Luna said:
Burger said:
Guitar Hero II: The RPG? :lol:

Rock Band: The RPG! Condense all the glamor, excitement and noise of a rock career into a few easy die rolls!

Wait...

Been done. Check your old Dragon/Roleplayer mags from when they did the flip-book style two-magazines-in-one.

Can't remember the number, but will check if there is any need.

Most odd it was too!

It seems that Decipher has relenquished its Lord of the Rings RPG license...perhaps its in the cards for Mongoose...If so I hope they take a cue from Turbine, there's a lot of interesting things that can be done even in the movie period.

I'd really like to see Wheel of Time supported with a 2nd eddition and full line of books..just my wish list.

FM

Suggestions so far:
Fallout
Elder Scrolls/Tamriel
Worms
Ghost Recon
James Bond
Resident Evil
Gor
Dr Who
Unreal Tournament
Honor Harrington
Starcraft
Guitar Hero II
Lord of the Rings
Masters of the Universe
Zoids
Marvel
Final Fantasy
Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Teletubbies

The second one sounds like an RPG licence to me ('with a strong default setting').

I do know a little but of inside info, but it may not even be connected to these licences, so I'll keep quiet.

Mongoose Publishing is currently getting ready to make an announcement this Saturday about a new RPG licence. Based on an extremely popular gaming IP, this licence will herald a new system which will be utilised for many different settings (much as RuneQuest has been used), and will feature Open Content mechanics, allowing fans of the game to produce their own material.

Set for release in early 2008, this game will enjoy a superior level of support, designed to draw gamers into a multitude of new worlds and possibilities.

You can get the full scoop at our convention, Mongoose Hall 07 or, if travelling to Swindon (in the UK) is difficult for you (!), on our forums Saturday morning.

Matthew Sprange
Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Very interesting!

jonathan8604 said:
Spill it, Greg! Before we spill YOU... *waves a spork at Greg menacingly*

No, not the spork!

Well, I'm an ACTA playtester, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But since ACTA has been succesfully translated from Babylon 5 spaceships into WWII battleships, it won't give you (or me) much clue about the possible licences.

Greg Smith said:
Well, I'm an ACTA playtester, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But since ACTA has been succesfully translated from Babylon 5 spaceships into WWII battleships, it won't give you (or me) much clue about the possible licences.

Unfortunately, in this, you are completely wrong :) Have a coconut for the effort though.

Hmm.. I think I might have got it.. We'll see Saturday though. If I get it right, can I get a prize, Poi? Matt? I'm gonna say X-Com. 2K Games said they inherited the license in May of this year, so that's all I can really think of. Especially with all this talk of "SpaceQuest" I've been hearin'.

First time here so I will take a guess at it.

I think it will be Traveller, something that old timers will enjoy as a new system would be useful.

Rog.

Well Marc Miller is making T5 but if there has been no major changes to the old playtest docs it will be a real loser.

msprange said:
Unfortunately, in this, you are completely wrong :) Have a coconut for the effort though.

So one of the new licences doesn't have an ACTA-like game attached. Ah ha!

Now I know less than nothing! :oops:

Back