What do YOU think the new licences are?

msprange said:
Greg Smith said:
Well, I'm an ACTA playtester, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But since ACTA has been succesfully translated from Babylon 5 spaceships into WWII battleships, it won't give you (or me) much clue about the possible licences.

Unfortunately, in this, you are completely wrong :) Have a coconut for the effort though.

Coconut? Tarzan the RPG?

:lol:

Final Fantasy sounds reasonable enough, but what about Quake/Doom?

I doubt this one will be fantasy, but would be interested to see a take on Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series...

Halo
I know wiz kids have the clicks license, but what about a massed combat game?

I know, is it Dawn of war?

'cos I think a tabletop wargame of that would be great. Anyone thought of that?

Strom said:
msprange said:
Greg Smith said:
Well, I'm an ACTA playtester, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But since ACTA has been succesfully translated from Babylon 5 spaceships into WWII battleships, it won't give you (or me) much clue about the possible licences.

Unfortunately, in this, you are completely wrong :) Have a coconut for the effort though.

Coconut? Tarzan the RPG?

Got extra levels in feral howling?

Whatever the license is DON'T LET IT BE PIRATES OF THE CARRABIEAN!! Please no more of this PIRATES craze!

Now are any of these new licences have to do with the Evolution system? If it's a combination of Hollywood license and the EVO system my guess would be

Aliens
Aliens vs. Predator
If it's any of the above please give us Colonial Marines which is something Wiz Kids horroclix was missing in it's AVP line.

Also-
Terminator-
Human Resistance vs. Killer Cyborgs, why should'nt it be an EVO game?

I really can't think of any other hollywood licence that could be turned into an EVO game.

Oh and if it's a comic book liscense, then it's gotta be ROGUE TROOPER.

Go get a Stargate license. I mean it!
I know that doesn't correspond with the hints Matt gave us (there is to my knowledge no Stargate SG-1 computer / console game out there).

But if licensing issues could be resolved it would be a great thing indeed:

Look at this:

SG-1 has finished it's ten season run. You have a firmly established setting with nearly endless possibilities and a huge fanbase. SG-1 is the longest running sci-fi show ever!

See what the Mongoose have done for a great job with just 5 seasons of Babylon 5 and one year of Crusade! There is so much more SG-1 stuff there. It could keep the line going for years and years.

SG-1 is going to produce at least two direct to DVD movies in the near future, which each could spawn at least a single sourcebook.

There is another show right there. Stargate: Atlantis is running strong and RPG material could be developed during the run of the show.

There are two game engines readily available nearly at once:
The original SG-1 RPG by Alderac used the Spycraft engine. Spycraft is now with Crafty Games which are known to have some connection to the Mongoose. Maybe one could pick up where Alderac once had to leave the scene.
The other option would be to go with the SpaceQuest, the sci-fi version of RuneQuest.

If the license was to include all of this this would be one hell of a galaxy of opportunities. Even a B:Evo SG-1 game woud be in this...

Most likely not going to happen, I know, but wouldn't that be great?

On a completely other note:

Where is this from, that Lord of the Rings is on the market again? Has Decipher finally officialy pulled the plug?
If so, consider that they have the Star Trek RPG license as well. With the new Star Trek Prequel movie coming there might be a new boot for the Star Trek franchise. A decent Star Trek line would be very much appriciated.
Just manage to release the cursed Klingon Sourcebook this time... ;-)
Although I don't see Star Trek being either a d20 or a RuneQuest setting, it would be a nice thing to see a whole new game engine for that one.

Oh, one more thing:

Armchair_Marine said:
Whatever the license is DON'T LET IT BE PIRATES OF THE CARRABIEAN!! Please no more of this PIRATES craze!

I so much second that!!!

Armchair_Marine said:

Now are any of these new licences have to do with the Evolution system? If it's a combination of Hollywood license and the EVO system my guess would be

Aliens
Aliens vs. Predator
If it's any of the above please give us Colonial Marines which is something Wiz Kids horroclix was missing in it's AVP line.

Also-
Terminator-
Human Resistance vs. Killer Cyborgs, why should'nt it be an EVO game?

I really can't think of any other hollywood licence that could be turned into an EVO game.

Oh and if it's a comic book liscense, then it's gotta be ROGUE TROOPER.

Really? I didn't realize how much piratage was out there. I guess that makes sense.

But, regarding your suggestions, they sound good. Make them an expansion setting for the Starship Troopers rules and Mongoose is good to go.

Cut said:
Go get a Stargate license. I mean it!
I know that doesn't correspond with the hints Matt gave us (there is to my knowledge no Stargate SG-1 computer / console game out there).

They are working on a Stargate Online computer game at this time. I haven't read up on it any. The few screenshots i've seen look good.

I'd like to see Stargate continued with the mongoose/crafty games. I wouldn't buy a Stargate RQ.

Matt and Hunter Gordon (Traveller T20) have been having fun over on RPGnet jerking everyone's chains on this subject. :D

Maybe they will make a Transformers RPG.
Or an RPG based on the Ultima series...
Maybe its Final Fantasy as an RPG? I don't know if there's a new FF in the works but "video game" and "rpg" often brings FF to mind.

And what's that "Immortals: Ascension" on the news site? Maybe there will be a Highlander RPG?

And thinking of games:
BioShock
Hellgate: London

But after all it might be "Smurfs - The RPG".

Filter said:
Maybe they will make a Transformers RPG.
Or an RPG based on the Ultima series...
Maybe its Final Fantasy as an RPG? I don't know if there's a new FF in the works but "video game" and "rpg" often brings FF to mind.

And what's that "Immortals: Ascension" on the news site? Maybe there will be a Highlander RPG?

And thinking of games:
BioShock
Hellgate: London

But after all it might be "Smurfs - The RPG".

I think Ultima might be really difficult to get, but would be fantastic. I played Underworld 2 and Serpent Isle probably as much, if not more, than any other PC game. If it was between an Ultima RPG and Fallout though, Fallout would win for me.

For some reason, Hellgate:London was one of my suspicions too. No idea why, from what I've read of it I just thought it could translate well to an RPG.

Chobbly

it's pac man, definately.
And the other license is Big Brother the RPG.
It's brilliant, you get to pretend to watch nobodies smoke.

Obviously Big Brother is the same crap in every country...

How about a casting-show rpg... and for every different setting there's a sourcebook coming out (casting a band, casting a singer, casting a whatever) :roll:

Back