What do YOU think the new licences are?

Well, congrats to Mongoose on the new license. Bit of a letdown as I was hoping Mongoose would expand their portfolio with an RPG genre they haven't covered.

Mayhap next year!

Bit concerned about a new version of SST given that I already have all the existing books.

Hope they don't do another edition of B5.

LBH

Have more faith in the 'goose than that. There is no way they will be doing another edition of B5 - the second edition is barely a year old.

I would have more faith, but then I'm still waiting on full compatibility for my 1E stuff for B5 as promised.

A faithful sceptic perhaps.

Whatever happens will happen, because.....

ALLAH WILLS IT!

:lol:

LBH
(No offence meant to anyone of any religious persuausion, merely carrying on a joke from the Death Race at Mongoose today.)

lastbesthope said:
Bit concerned about a new version of SST given that I already have all the existing books.

Hope they don't do another edition of B5.

LBH

Im not too concerned about B5 being sent another route perosnally, largely because books are still coming up for playtest for it, albeit at a decreased regularity (though considering whats out there already thats to be expected).

Bu the whole SST d20 being dumped in favour of going a different route im not best pleased about, its the sort of re-jiggery pokery chenanigans we see far too often from the gaming industry in general, which always ends in the same result us being tapped for more cash in order to buy a new incarnation of a game when thier wasnt really any need for on (can anyone say *3.5*) and to be honest i thought Mongoose was better than that as it has never given me cause for conern before.

If it was broken, needed a new edition, had no interest etc.etc.. fair enough but it had no problems in any of those areas to my knowledge. One month there was books for it coming up for playtest all the time, then next suddenly there were none and no explanation and continued to be none until this... suggests forward planning and I suspect of a desire to get away from d20 entirely to me and the D20/ogl license than a genuine desire to put it out under a new and better system in a desire to get thier own ogl stylee traveller license off the ground. Makes great sense from a business perspective, its just sad that its the fans who get the rough end of the stick by the industry yet again to achieve it.

Greg Smith said:
Thanks.

Doesn't OGL Horror count as survival horror?

Definitely on a generic level, but I meant as a specific license like Resident Evil. I wouldn't equate the Conan RPG to OGL Fantasy anymore than I would equate Traveller to OGL Future.

So far Mongoose has 6 specific fantasy titles:

Conan
Runequest
Lone Wolf
Slaine
Hawkmoon
Elric

Five specific future/space rpg's

SST
Babylon 5
Traveller
Judge Dread
Cthulthu Tech

A variety within the genre but I was hoping for something different to help round out the list. Something NEW! Resident Evil would've been nice with the third movie coming out next month.

Strom said:
SST
Babylon 5
Traveller
Judge Dread
Cthulthu Tech

Wellif you want you could count the 2 editions of B5 as seperate, and you forgot the now out of production Wars and Armageddon 2089 RPGs. Plus, wouldn't paranoia fit in here as well?

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Strom said:
SST
Babylon 5
Traveller
Judge Dread
Cthulthu Tech

Wellif you want you could count the 2 editions of B5 as seperate, and you forgot the now out of production Wars and Armageddon 2089 RPGs. Plus, wouldn't paranoia fit in here as well?

LBH

Yeah, I had Paranoia as separate but it must have been accidentally deleted - appropriate for the game :lol: Even adding in those ones you mention Armageddon 2089 (Space/Future) and Wars (Space/Future) only Paranoia really expands the portfolio. I'm not complaining or raining on the parade just personally looking for an RPG outside those genres and was hoping the 'Goose would be the company to make it. There is always next year. Keep hope alive!

Looks like Roger Calver was the only one to guess right. Congrats dude!

Plus, kudos to Mongoose for keeping the Traveller license a secret - even LBH didn't know! Or did he....:D

Anyway, I'm impressed with the Mongoose's ability to lockdown information - always a good sign of a well run organization. Of all the other guesses - are there any of those that may still happen someday at the 'Goose? 8)

Strom said:
Plus, kudos to Mongoose for keeping the Traveller license a secret - even LBH didn't know! Or did he....:D

I'll never tell, not while the sun's still shining, or Ted Chang knows where I live :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Someone mentioned B&B at the Open Day, it might have been toothill :lol:

I leaked that the new license was Bunnies and Burrows a few days before the Open Day. We were going to use the same engine for Aliens.

lastbesthope said:
Someone mentioned B&B at the Open Day, it might have been toothill :lol:

LBH

it was :twisted: it seems to be the only classic game they have not made(assuming that the RQArthur will be make so will fit a pendragon sized hole)

Back