WHAT DO YOU DO?

Currently studying Computer Science (3D & Multimedia to be precise), one year from a polish equivalent of Master's Degree. Also working as a software tester, though I don't see myself doing this stuff when I finally (hopefully :)) get my degree.

23 years old, engaged, interested in gaming, graphics, filmmaking, sfx, football (playing and watching) and music (heavier :)). I was doing martial arts, too (Thai box / Muay Thai) but I don't have time for that now (I plan to get back to training after I get the damn degree :D ).

EDIT: Am I the only one who works 8-16?

Cool, Im actually a Minority. Afro-American and I GM. HA! how about that?! Actully my group, (all the possiable players) that I game with or could is pretty diverse, but like you Hyborian Apeman, only about half of us have jobs, and about a eighth have families. Our oldest gamer is in his late Fourties and our youngest is about 18-19. And we actully have some females that play every now and then...

Zeus said:
EDIT: Am I the only one who works 8-16?
Nope dont think you are. I actully work 10-1800EST. What kinda football you like you mean What we call Soccer or do you actully like american Football?[/quote]

I play wargames (Warmachine, Confrontation and whatnot) with younger players and used to play L5R CCG with young guys and a bit of D&D, but my RPG groups tend to be late 20 or thirty-somethings, with wives, fiancees, ex wives, jobs, PTA, and more sporting events than we can easily track. Actually, I'm the one with the five kids, my friends each have one, but I'm the one with the two Exes as well. We RPG once a week and I try to get in a minis game about that often. I'm demoing SST as well. I don't sleep that much and the Current Mrs. Ranz is great aobut the mixed family (my two girls 10 and 6, her two boys 10 and 6 and our nearly one-year-old) as well as all of the time we each spend schlepping kids and doing our own thang.

Thats cool, actully the oldest memeber of our gaming group taught me everything I know about gaming. See where I live there are not a lot of blacks into RPG games, well here and alot of other places for that matter. And I happen to bump one of my friends father, and was looking at some WW2 material in there house... He asked mew a few questions like did I know who was Rommel was, or what a Zeke was, and stuff like that.

I passed his test on wargames (beat him 2out of 3 games of Squad leader), and it was like Wow, a young possiable gamer. So he invited me over to game learn how to play D&D(2nd ed) one night. Which I thought was great cause I always wanted to play, didnt have anyone to learn or play with... and the rest is history. I guess he was Palpatine and I was Anakin. Cause the other guys in his group use to call me his protege'.

DasClay said:
What kinda football you like you mean What we call Soccer or do you actully like american Football?

Soccer. It's the most popular sport here in Poland. Oh, and we're doing pretty good in the 2006 World Cup Qualifications - we've won every match except one (lost 2:1 with England) and we're only 1 point behind our group leader (again England). :)

Soccer is pretty fun sport, I never really played it except in pick up games. The conditioning for a soccer player is similar to that of a american football player, or a Track and Field star. Not a sport for those out of shape or smokers...

I have been reading a lot of posts and just signed up! Great discussions and lots of useful stuff. Thanks to you all!

I am a stand-up comedian, and have also done T.V. commercials and some small work and film. I live in Ontario, Canada smack dab between Toronto and Montreal.

I am 31, have a wife and two boys and have been gaming since my teens. My gaming group has two married couples and assorted others and have been gaming almost every Sunday for three years. It was more scattered before then though.

Despite a B.S., I manage a warehouse.

I hate the lousy economy- that and the attitude that working your people to death is profitable and fun.

Raven, bitter

I work for New York University's division of libraries, which means I work with a bunch of librarians, sometimes administering over them, sometimes administering to them, but am not myself a librarian. I have a B.S. in English and a B.S. in Theatre. I also teach actors how to stage fence (rapier and dagger swordplay ala Cyrano or the 3 Musketeers), which is the most fun I could have, besides roleplaying.

I'm single in our group, as are 3 other guys; 2 of the 3 are perpetually getting a date. Another 2 are married, one has a very steady girlfriend. All right, enough of that crap. :oops:

I love reading, just about any kind of fiction. I wouldn't mind writing again, but doubt I'll actually start. I really enjoy fencing and working with young actors teaching them how different types of Renaissance men and women fought and why (and some of the women duelists in the Renaissance were more deadly than any, although how they fought might surprise you :oops: ). And I enjoy playing computer games, although I'm the worst computer gamer on the planet. Almost as bad as I am at board games. :lol:

i was on my way to being a career soldier but was sidelined due to some bad knees, some college started way to late in life to get the degree I wanted. i've done lots of jobs since the army days cuuld never really find something that i liked. currently i'm a cubicle dweller working for GE collecting on delinquent credit card accounts, b/c 2 blown disks in my back keeps me from doing anything to terribly physical anymore, and work part-time at our local game/comic store. i'm the game guy there.

whatelse is there? i'm also divorced w/ 2 bi-racial kids boy 18, girl 13 (both are gamers as well), a dog black lab (not a gamer per se but she does like to lay under the table when we play)......hobbies are gaming, board, card, rpgs, ren fairs, sword fighting (HACA style) whenever i think the back is up to it or i forget that it's hurt, hiking and lots of more hobbies that i never have enough time for.

I am a Photgrapher "by trade", and currently work in Market Research (Interviewing).
In my past I have been an Australian Army Reservist (Artillery), Tae Kwon Do dabbler, Dark Ages re-enactor/ fighter (The Grey Company), chess player, tabletop wargammer, collectable card gamer, roleplayer and GM since about 1975 ...
Currently I still play RPG's, both as a player and GM. I GM The Tekumel RPG in all it's forms and most recently Conan of course (Star Wars by West End Games in the past - where I love the 'D6' System and the Difficulty Number game mechanics).

I am still very actively involved in 'Military/ Historical Living History, in three separate Period historical groups for: West Australian WW1 (1914-18)(Westralian Great War Living History Association), Perth Colonial Militia (1860's+)(Perth Volunteer Rifle and Artillery Regiment 1860), and British Napoleonic Highlanders 1815 (42nd Royal Highland Regiment 1815, Black Watch).

I have a separate niggling interest in anything Roman Gladiatorial too, from both a gaming and re-enactment perspective ...

I teach physics and do a bit of research in General Relativity (although three classes kills any research time that I have)

I just got a visiting professor gig at Western Kentucky University. If anyone is from there look me up.

Barbarian Warlord.

What? Oh, you meant my day job? :)

PhD student in molecular biology.
28 years of age, girlfriend, no kids.

Back