The Other Conan Movie

sgstyrsky

Mongoose
This was news to me so I apologize if I'm raising an old thread.

Red Nails is being made into an animated film with Ron Perlman as the voice of Conan. And although its a cartoon, its not going to be for the kiddies.

Has anyone else heard of this? And do they know when it will be released?

I love the fact that Ron Perlman and Clancy Brown are voices....but the artwork alone...I'm sorry but from the pictures it makes me feel I'm watching today's Saturday morning cartoons.

Plus I've been waiting for info on this movie for a long time...and nothing gets updated on the site. Just doesn't "bode" well... :(

Have any of you see Turok yet? I enjoyed it, but definately had a more mature theme akin to what Conan would have to have to be sucessful.

I have been keeping up with it for some time now. Red Nails is my favorite Conan yarn, and it was the first Conan story I ever read.

I really hope they don't drown the content just so it would be kid-friendly, we get enough cheep cartoons like that in TV already. Red Nails has some of the sexist scenes in Conan, like when Valeria strips down Yasala and whips her, then Olmec gets a little too frisky with Valeria, and the last scene where everyone is naked (more so the women)! It would just be boring without any of it, you would be better off watching Conan the Adventure. I am also a little unimpressed with the art, namely with Valeria, who looks to over dressed and a little butch. Well at least (god forbid) it not going to be done in an anime style!

As long as it has bare skin of lovely flesh, and the flash of blue-steel and crimson then I am content! :twisted:

Back