So in Glorantha, you are a What?

My son plays a Lanbril Thief from Pavis that is also a Trickster. Stole a piece of the cloak of darkness from Subere whilst cheating death, but has managed to become a troll friend.

I prefer Basmoli Berserkers or Telmori shamans.

I find RQ other races very difficult to play: they are so different.

I played a Zola Fel riverfolk for a while. That was interesting!

My current campaign has a Dark Troll Zorak Zoran initiate and a Zebra Tribe shaman. They're in Pavis right now, trying to work out mysteries of the Big Rubble afflicting the Sazdorf troll clan living under Blind King's Hill. They've gone down river to find answers in the Old Sun Dome temple of Sun County...

Horror awaits them...

Loz said:
My current campaign has a Dark Troll Zorak Zoran initiate and a Zebra Tribe shaman. They're in Pavis right now, trying to work out mysteries of the Big Rubble afflicting the Sazdorf troll clan living under Blind King's Hill. They've gone down river to find answers in the Old Sun Dome temple of Sun County...
Hmmm, a river journey into the "Heart of Lightness" perhaps? :D

Pete Nash said:
Loz said:
Hmmm, a river journey into the "Heart of Lightness" perhaps? :D

Nah - you know me...

They are, however, going to experience a weird, God Learner-created Time Warp that takes them from 3rd Age Pavis to 2nd Age, just so I can run the 'Pavis Rises' campaign and perhaps even lob them into 'Dara Happa Stirs'.

And also to simply Mess With Their Minds.

My favorite race to play is the Uz, hands down. I love their culture, their mythology, their magic, and the fact they can eat (nearly) everything.

I like their simplistic, matter-of-fact outlook on life.

kintire said:
I would be fascinated in a writeup of a Zorak Zoran Dark Troll going through Dara Happa stirs...

I thought much the same thing. There was one part of DHS where I thought "The author hasn't considered that one of the PC's might be female" - and then I remembered the whole premise is that the PC's are traditional Dara Happan Men.

It must be said that I wasn't very interested in DHS for that reason. It looked from my glance through to be a very interesting idea, but almost impossible to fit into an existing campaign. Our GM thought the same: confronted with a group of characters that had just finished Blood of Orlanth he would I think have liked to launch into DHS, and indeed had some plotlines ready to waft us to Dara Happa. But when the actual book came out, it was unusable. Shame.

Rex said:
So, hands down we know out of all the Glorantha material, the Ducks are the coolest of the RQ races. Still, out of idle curiosity, in a fantasy game setting which Races do you like to play, or seen played?

Do you prefer single race games, or classic mix it up's?

Inquiring minds wish to know!

~Rex.....working on an article.

I am and always have been an Uz, and my favourite Gloranthan games have been Uzko, Uzdo Enlo and maybe an UzUz to give orders before eating the least favoured player..

I played an elf for about a year. He was a Rootless elf, a renegade, but he managed to hold his own.

I'm not a fan of the touchy-feely hippy tree-hugging vegetables, my elves are mean and alien with their own agendas.

I see the Elven forests as being led by Gardeners who have no problem with weeding out those elements that don't help the forest, so they think nothing about razing a piece of woodland with fire, wiping out a human village in the woods or even killing an elven clan that doesn't fit. They have been thinking hundreds of years ahead for the past thousand years and don't bother about the little things in life.

Back