Sleeping in Light Campaign Weekend May 9-10

If the reinforcements are integrated into the ally's fleet, how does this affect scouting and stealth bonuses? If I supply a scout to an ally, can they gain rerolls or stealth bonuses or vice versa? And do I get the +1 bonus to beat stealth if one of my ally's ships has successfully attacked the target this turn?

Can I fire into a dogfight between my ally and the enemy?

perhaps the normal thread for "questions that need answering before the tournament " could be set up and ask LBH to sticky it?

and lo it was so and answers were quickly recieved :)

Burger said:
If the reinforcements are integrated into the ally's fleet, how does this affect scouting and stealth bonuses? If I supply a scout to an ally, can they gain rerolls or stealth bonuses or vice versa? And do I get the +1 bonus to beat stealth if one of my ally's ships has successfully attacked the target this turn?

Can I fire into a dogfight between my ally and the enemy?

basically class your added ships as the same fleet as your ally, just under your control.
so yes scouts can help you out if from allies or vice versa, and no you cannot fire on dogfights.

basically you become part of their fleet, not a separate entity.

Hi everyone

I just had this idea that maybe, since people never take admirals, for one or two of the scenarios we could each have an admiral attached to our fleets?

They're too expensive to buy but it could make the game more interesting?

What does everyone think? And is this doable Matt?

An admiral would be cool but I think a little unfair... if someone takes a War level ship then they get an admiral on that for free, but if your maximum PL is battle your free admiral is not worth so much.

It is also problematic for anyone who choses to take an admiral in their fleet. Which could be a good way to keep ship numbers down.

Wait a minute that's actually in P&P? Is P&P rules going to be used for this tournament?

Also if you take more than more War Level ship do you get more than one admiral?

Ah, someone's sarcasm detector is not fully functional... I was taking a poke at LBH for apparently not reading the thread properly. :lol:

P&P is not yet released yet, so neither I nor anyone else knows for sure what is going to be in it. Apart from Mongoose employees of course. Playtesters and anyone who's read the playtest material will have a fair idea, but it's all subject to change until the books hit the shelves.

But, P&P is going to be used for this campaign, as stated on page 1 of the PDF under "You will need...".

Indeed, this is not the best news for us new ISA players, who were just getting used to the "good" white stars... now they're probably going to change!

1st Player - hey what happened to my Whitestar fleet.

2nd Player - They were ravaged by a herd of rampant space mice.

don't recall the Glorious Republic having any problems with the do gooder Rangers recently.............. :p

(of course it did help having the broken Demos and dubious abilities of the 2 for 1 Haven - shamless exploiter of rules that I am :roll: , luckly the former gets fixed and the latter helped in P+P as well)

Burger said:
Ah, someone's sarcasm detector is not fully functional... I was taking a poke at LBH for apparently not reading the thread properly. :lol:

You try monitoring all the threads I'm a mod for and see how much you remember of what you read :lol:

Ah yes, Is ee a freebie Admiral was a suggestion by someone in the thread.

LBH

Started a thread here for people to suggest pubs and let us know what hotels they're in:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39584

LBH

Back