Sleeping in Light Campaign Weekend May 9-10

Anyone know any decent hotels near Mongoose Halls, I stayed at the MArriot last time which is great for the Croft but not so godd for Cricklade Road?

LBH

I can also recommend the Travel Lodge, having stayed there myself for the B5 Open Day. It's a little further away than the station, being a short walk from the station in the opposite direction to Mongoose's office, but the whole journey is walkable - I did walk it both ways for the Open Day.

Thanks guys, I couldn't remember the name of it.

I'll be booking a room just as soon as Low Roller gets rund to booking his spot on the tourney.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Thanks guys, I couldn't remember the name of it.

I'll be booking a room just as soon as Low Roller gets rund to booking his spot on the tourney.

LBH

LBH, in honor of the last tournament at Mongoose Hall, are you going to actually have painted figs to place on the table top? :wink:

dave

However, I am debating whether or not to show up for the tourney in my kilt (Casual/Braveheart mode, not full highland dress)

I could be McBari, or McAnla'shok, no?

LBH

Reinforcements...
"A maximum of 2 ships may be sent to any one table"...

Does that mean that it Order sends 2 Vorlon Destroyers, Chaos is not able to send anything to help at all? Seems pretty unfair, just like insta-lose for the opponent. Or is it 2 ships per table per side?

And how do the reinforcements fit in with the gameplay? Does the third player roll his own initiative and take his own turn in the movement and attack phases? Or are the reinforcements absorbed into the ally's fleet?

sounds like earth centauri war. basically the reinforcements put down some jump markers then come through them in the next move phase as part of the allied fleet (not a seperate player).

at least you havent got an admirals armageddon ship coming in as well :D

Burger said:
Reinforcements...
"A maximum of 2 ships may be sent to any one table"...

Does that mean that it Order sends 2 Vorlon Destroyers, Chaos is not able to send anything to help at all? Seems pretty unfair, just like insta-lose for the opponent. Or is it 2 ships per table per side?

And how do the reinforcements fit in with the gameplay? Does the third player roll his own initiative and take his own turn in the movement and attack phases? Or are the reinforcements absorbed into the ally's fleet?

its worth clarifying - different people did different things in EC war as the rules were unclear.

eg - some people thought that they could immeditely exit from the Jump Point when they placed it whilst others waited a turn................it was a little confusing.............

Also need to clarify if the two fleet merge whose Iniative takes precedence - it would likely be the player being reinforced?

usually we compile the big list of potential rules problems / questions................

I would have a minor problem with reinforcing an ally for THEM to take control of my ship if they were going to use it as cannon fodder.

For example if I won on my table I would send my best surviving ship to assist my ally so I would not want them to put it in the firing line - only because if it was destroyed it wouldn't be possible to roll on the campaign fittings table for it.

Or this may be irrational cowardice I dunno...

you control your own ships, not your ally. you just work with them for init purposes and count as part of their fleet for that.

Back