Roll20

Zarathud

Mongoose
Any chance we will see Paranoia on Roll20 or another online service? I'm not a (high) programmer, but I'd love to help get something implemented.

Hoooya!!!! Great news! I'm came here with the same question.

Thank you Mongoose team. That will help my 2020 get a bit better.

Hi @MongooseMatt and team!

Old-time (still have the box set from 1989) Paranoia fan here. I just purchased the Perfect Edition PDF in preparation for some Roll20 fun with my gaming group. Two questions:

1. I see Mongoose has included a Paranoia character sheet on Roll20. Thank you! What is the status of a full Roll20 edition?
  2. I'd love to have a half-dozen or so pre-gen'ed PCs available, particularly for use in the Arbitrary Justice mission included in the Core Book. Any chance of that (or somewhere I should look)?

1. It is imminent. We are quite literally putting the finishing touches on it now.

2. We will look into that!
Thanks, Friend Computer!

FWIW--I've created a Roll20 game with six pre-generated PCs, maps and tokens for PCs and all the NPCs for Arbitrary Justice, as well as a page for the Arbitrary Justice GM summary tables. Glad to share it if it's helpful for ideas or straight-up plagiarism. (Licks boots eagerly.)

A quick semi-serious note: the Mongoose Paranoia character sheet for Roll20 has a minor glitch in which the scores for Brains and Violence are linked. One score becomes the other, and vice versa.

Does that matter? Hey, any player that points out the error to me as GM is displaying knowledge of the rules, which is treason punishable by death, right? Zap-zap-zap. But if there are persnickety GMs who actually care about the rules--and if they do, why are they playing Paranoia?--I thought to let you Famous Game Designers know.

EDIT: I think I've discovered the source of the character sheet glitch. On the Attributes & Abilities tab, there isn't an assigned Attribute for the Violence score! I think that's something that Mongoose needs to fix on the back end of the character sheet with the Roll20 devs.

Last edited:
Thanks, Friend Computer!

FWIW--I've created a Roll20 game with six pre-generated PCs, maps and tokens for PCs and all the NPCs for Arbitrary Justice, as well as a page for the Arbitrary Justice GM summary tables. Glad to share it if it's helpful for ideas or straight-up plagiarism. (Licks boots eagerly.)

A quick semi-serious note: the Mongoose Paranoia character sheet for Roll20 has a minor glitch in which the scores for Brains and Violence are linked. One score becomes the other, and vice versa.

Does that matter? Hey, any player that points out the error to me as GM is displaying knowledge of the rules, which is treason punishable by death, right? Zap-zap-zap. But if there are persnickety GMs who actually care about the rules--and if they do, why are they playing Paranoia?--I thought to let you Famous Game Designers know.

EDIT: I think I've discovered the source of the character sheet glitch. On the Attributes & Abilities tab, there isn't an assigned Attribute for the Violence score! I think that's something that Mongoose needs to fix on the back end of the character sheet with the Roll20 devs.
Hello,

Oh dear, you are correct, the Violence attribute was missed, I shall talk to the Red Troubleshooters who tested this character sheet....

We shall get this fixed later today, and once it's released I'll let you know.

Many thanks Citizen

Friend Citizen,

The computer has approved the bugfix for the Violence Stat on the Character Sheet.

The computer has told us the NPC sheet is being tested and will be released soon.

Thank you.

Imminently?
The bugfix for the violence attribute is live now on Roll20.

The NPC sheet has been sent to Roll20 for them to review and merge in. As soon as that's done (can take a week) I shall post it here.

Next work begins on the Drag and Drop features.

The NPC sheet has gone live on Roll20, please have a play and we welcome feedback here on what you think. Roll20 doesn't have specific areas for different kinds of data (PCs, NPCs, Vehicles etc) so it's all in the one sheet.

Ok setting up a starter game in Roll 20! I hope to get people excited enough to do YCBBB, or for me to get some of the old original ‘80s adventures adapted to Roll20. Very excited!
Just one question, before I start creating the current new adventures to Roll20 using the PDFs I got when I bought the books, are they coming to the Roll20 marketplace? I’m happy to give you more of my money if they are :p

Ok setting up a starter game in Roll 20! I hope to get people excited enough to do YCBBB, or for me to get some of the old original ‘80s adventures adapted to Roll20. Very excited!
Just one question, before I start creating the current new adventures to Roll20 using the PDFs I got when I bought the books, are they coming to the Roll20 marketplace? I’m happy to give you more of my money if they are :p
Hey,

Brave New Missions is coming to Roll20. I was asked a few weeks ago to start on the conversion work, and I've had a bit of help from the community so work is progressing nicely, I've done 3 of the 5 adventures and next week will complete the rest.

Thinking about older content, I'm not sure what's happening with that, maybe a question for Mongoose?

You should also see that The Accomplice Book is also now released. It's been a learning process for all of us, but we're getting there!

Thank you

Hey,

Brave New Missions is coming to Roll20. I was asked a few weeks ago to start on the conversion work, and I've had a bit of help from the community so work is progressing nicely, I've done 3 of the 5 adventures and next week will complete the rest.

Thinking about older content, I'm not sure what's happening with that, maybe a question for Mongoose?

You should also see that The Accomplice Book is also now released. It's been a learning process for all of us, but we're getting there!

Thank you
That’s great to hear! I’ll keep an eye out for Brave New Missions in the marketplace.

Hey @LorrieX ,

Been tidying up the first Mission today, noticed a mistake on this page but it's good enough to show that things are coming along nicely.

I hope to be finished with it this time next week, but here's a smiling Teela for you!

1705252866304.png

Back