New Setting - Land of Ice and Stone

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
A brand new setting for the Legend RPG has just been released on Drivethru - Land of Ice and Stone! You can grab your own copy at;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/139266/Legend-Land-of-Ice-and-Stone?affiliate_id=7242

Penned by Simon E. Phipp, Land of Ice and Stone is a setting of long lost pre-history. Deep in our distant past is a culture long forgotten, a culture so remote that all we have to remember it are dry bones, cave paintings and stone tools. However, this is a culture from whence we all sprang.

Play a traveller on a great journey, a wise woman leading her clan,or a bold hunter full of fear at his first mammoth kill.

Using the popular Legend RPG rules, Land of Ice and Stone provides a set of rules, races, cultural backgrounds, professions allowing you to play in the oldest of our cultures – the Old Stone Age.

So, come and face the fierce mammoths, the cave lions, cave bears, the strange red men and the most dangerous foe of all – the Icy Cold.

139266.jpg

Nice! :)

Now if only I could afford just over £9....:(

It might take me a while to be able to afford to buy this. But I look forward to that day.

Well...I've got it and even if you're not interested in the setting, I recommend picking it up for the Hazards chapter alone. There's some good material in that chapter if wilderness survival is important in your campaign.

ERRATA!

The Special Encounter Table on page 128 (Great Hunt) has several entries that are identical to the Special Encounter Table on page 123 (The Cave Bear). Since the Great Hunt table mentions finding the Wise Woman, I believe that the table on page 128 is incorrect.

Can we get the correct Encounter Table posted? (Please).

Several minor typos, but this is a REALLY GOOD book and I fully intend to use it in my Legend games!

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:

That was quick! :)

The Special Encounter Table on page 128 (Great Hunt) has several entries that are identical to the Special Encounter Table on page 123 (The Cave Bear). Since the Great Hunt table mentions finding the Wise Woman, I believe that the table on page 128 is incorrect.

Damn - I thought I had caught all of those. I copied and pasted the table and amended it for the Great Hunt, as both are for overland travel, but the Great Hunt is slightly different.

Can we get the correct Encounter Table posted? (Please).

Keep an eye on http://www.soltakss.com/legend/LandOfIceAndStoneErrata.docx - I will try and update is as and when errata are reported. I will send the errata to Mongoose as well, in the hope that they can amend the document before it gets to print.

Several minor typos, but this is a REALLY GOOD book and I fully intend to use it in my Legend games!

If you could report them, as well, I would be grateful.

Back