The Deep and the Dark Preview - New Book Tomorrow!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The Deep and the Dark, a new sourcebook covering the classic Reaver's Deep and Dark Nebula sectors between the Solomani and Aslan, will be here tomorrow!

Steeped in history, riven by conflict, and filled with contradiction, The Deep and the Dark covers two sectors at the interface of human and Aslan space, where rival species and civilisations have long contended for influence and power. Here lie the ancient battlegrounds of the Aslan Border Wars and the Cultural Purge. Here are found worlds abandoned or ignored for centuries, which shelter strange, isolated societies that have fallen back to primitive conditions.

verini_heavy_presence_of_mercenaries.png

Reaver’s Deep lies on the edge of the Great Rift, with a wide Buffer Zone separating the human systems of the Third Imperium and Solomani Confederation from the Aslan worlds of the Hierate. Within this Buffer independent states and worlds harbour fierce animal life and many alien species, while fierce marauders and petty warlords plague the sector. Into this wild area venture intrepid trade pioneers in search of new opportunities.

new_libdis_urban_landscape.jpg

The Dark Nebula is named for the mysterious Celella Nebula, a jumpspace phenomenon that has devilled astrogators for millennia. The sector is also the home of Kusyu, homeworld of the Aslan and spiritual heart of their star-spanning Hierate. The Deep and the Dark also provides an overview of the complex, ever-shifting politics of the Hierate and the nature of Aslan culture.

the_islaiat_dominate.jpg

This was supposed to come in November and... checks the calendar... tomorrow is the last day of November, so congrats on making it in time! :D Looking like this is going to be a very interesting read. Also, love the new art!

Cool. I was curious if the time line of new source books was going to be bumped up to 1107 or later due to the impending release of the Fifth Frontier War series.

Quick note on this one - there are a few things that we are not 100% on this book, and so we are going to be delaying it for just a tad. More news on that soon.

However, Reach Adventure 8: Makergod will be released today instead.

Quick note on this one - there are a few things that we are not 100% on this book, and so we are going to be delaying it for just a tad. More news on that soon.

However, Reach Adventure 8: Makergod will be released today instead.
Will there be more collections of adventures down the road?

I ask because I don't generally purchase adventures, but I don't mind getting collections of adventures.

Back