Lone Wolf 17... Is In!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, we have just this minute received Book 17. It will start shipping this week!

Good news indeed; looking forward to it!

I confess I've never played past 15. That was when I learned that, in the US, they weren't going to publish past 20 (and the ones they did publish weren't as good as the UK versions anyways; and I had no access to those) and I lost heart to continue.

It's exciting to see the new books that I never went through and will be even more so past 20 which will be books that I've never even seen. I'm not playing them as they come out though; for me it's easier to wait for the whole thing than to play, stop, wait...play, stop, wait, etc. I did go through the first one though - a vastly different Lone Wolf than the one I had made for my first play through.

mine too arrived this morning, managed to catch the postman in the act of writing his 'you were not in' note and prevent him running off to the depot with my shiny new lw book ...
not had a chance for a thorough read through, and always scared to do so in case one finds a typo / cock-up etc (sorry mongoose), but immediate reactions were "it looks a chunky one, the bonus adventure is interesting (and i need to do some research on post-darklord powers and rulers!), and the front cover is a pleasing interpretation of the original in my moderately humble but vastly useless opinion".

now bring on 18-32 before i hit retirement age ;-)

elizzar said:
mine too arrived this morning, managed to catch the postman in the act of writing his 'you were not in' note and prevent him running off to the depot with my shiny new lw book ...

After reading Flight from the Dark and Fire on the Water and all those Giak Scrolls I have come to the conclusion that postmen & women are Darklords Agents.

elizzar said:
now bring on 18-32 before i hit retirement age ;-)

Kai don't retire, they just get Grand-er!

Yeah, I flicked to the back and saw the familiar name and an unexpected character to play! Looking forward to reading it! Who is your collaborator?

Yes, I suddenly realised that's what you meant as I was taking a walk. Now I'm back and yep, Charlie did a fantastic job on this one with some excellent editing and some great teamwork. She is wonderful :) She has been pimped on facebook etc.

So, Dagger of Vashna and Helshezag are in the "Carry forward" Special Items.

My question... Is it a "Cut 'n' Paste" error, or are they officially "in"?

Also, while I'm here - Good bonus adventure The Wolf. Nice twist. Is this the start of another "ongoing" series? It certainly had the feel of a pilot and there's the big question left unanswered... ;)

Presumably its a typo because they are destroyed in the last book. On the other hand, it would be cheesy but technically you could put them in safe storage to avoid losing them in book 16. (Although I recall Helshezag does permanent EP drain now which would be nasty).

Its not as bad as the typo in the red fox books where you couldnt bring your silver bracers with you through several adventures!

Can't wait to get my copy - I have three characters on stand by, hopefully the book is easier now with the revisions.

The Wolf said:
T.Y.A: thank you. You never know!

Spoiler-ish (it isn't really a spolier because I'm just speculating)...

At the end of the bonus adventure, the 'hero' communicates with an unknown, um, 'boss'. It would be cool if this was August's Azavath from the Dire adventures: I can only imagine what August and Darren could come up with for a joint Bonus Adventure!

Back