Legend playable races?

Johan1973

Mongoose
What character races will be available for player characters in Legend? Will there be the standard Human, Elf, Dwarf options?

Johan1973 said:
What character races will be available for player characters in Legend? Will there be the standard Human, Elf, Dwarf options?

Well, I don't think there'll be a lot of changes.

But you can already play dwarves and elves. The stats for them are in the back of the book. So if your DM allows you to, you could easily play an elf or a dwarf.

The elf is probably a little overpowered. Since all his stats except for Strength is just plainly better or the same as his human counterpart. And for some reason, not many elves can use a longbow. Only about 1 in 6. Which is a bit odd. But the dwarf seems pretty balanced to a human.

Mixster said:
The elf is probably a little overpowered. Since all his stats except for Strength is just plainly better or the same as his human counterpart. And for some reason, not many elves can use a longbow. Only about 1 in 6. Which is a bit odd. But the dwarf seems pretty balanced to a human.

Because elfs would make their own longbows with lower str and higher dex demands.. they just haven't made rules for them :p
If elves are physically weak, I find it entirely reasonable that they cannot use a human 80+ pounder Longbow.

- Dan

Mixster said:
Johan1973 said:

Well, I don't think there'll be a lot of changes.

But you can already play dwarves and elves. The stats for them are in the back of the book. So if your DM allows you to, you could easily play an elf or a dwarf.

I think the Elves and Dwarves are closer to the Tolkeinesque races which were simply better than humans in pretty much every way rather than the D+D "Balanced" races. Indeed in some ways they are still downplayed a little in the rules.............

Whether this is an issue or not depends alot on play and player style.

Are these the "standard" fantasy fare Elves and Dwarves, or are they still elves and dwarves from Glorantha? I am actually looking towards having Legend as a generic fantasy RPG for creating my own setting.

The core book are based on the Glorianthia Specific

Both types are in the Monster Collesium book

You can see some other alternatives in Dan's Eberon pack or my wip setting:

http://dtrue.dk/filer/Eberron/Eberron.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?57oulycsq2imda8

:D

Johan1973 said:
Are these the "standard" fantasy fare Elves and Dwarves, or are they still elves and dwarves from Glorantha? I am actually looking towards having Legend as a generic fantasy RPG for creating my own setting.

They are generic

Johan1973 said:
Good :)

And thank you for that Eberron document. It is one of the settings I want to run in Legend :)

No problem. New update with 45+ new pages coming up within the next couple of weeks.

- Dan

Dan True said:
Mixster said:

Because elfs would make their own longbows with lower str and higher dex demands.. they just haven't made rules for them :p
If elves are physically weak, I find it entirely reasonable that they cannot use a human 80+ pounder Longbow.

- Dan

Elvish longbows are called "shortbows" by humans :D

Back