Inspirational Films

Apocalypto apart from everything else has a Conan style plot--very straightforward and gripping.

haven't seen "Sahara" but I may at some point.

Here's one that has a modern feel as well but could be easily adapted: "The Road Warrior". It is when you remove the fuel simply a small fortified place where there are resources that a nomadic band want to get. The defenders are decent civilized people who are afraid for their children and elderly while the nomads are a warband. The area is a wasteland of some kind--it could be anything from the far north to a desert. How long can the defenders hold out? And into the mix comes a lone warrior who just wants a little extra food for himself and fodder for his horse...

"The Mist" is also good as a siege type story in which people are beset by a supernatural invasion.

Axerules said:
I repeat myself, but Musa, the Warrior is one of the best sword movies I've ever seen. Think about Hyrkanians, Khitans and a desert in the mysterious East. Betrayal, courage, bloody and gritty fights. My players are currently near the Vilayet Sea and I will send them in the desert. There they will have to free a princess from the Turanians...
Based on your insistence I just bumped it to the top of my queue on Netflix. :D

Back