How to convert 1st Ed. spaceships to 2nd Ed.

I just got the 2nd Edition rulebook.
On page 353 they say that the crafts have been changed to work with the
new space combat rules. Unfortunately they don't tell that they have
changed. Since I own all the other books I would like to use the spaceships there in with the new spacecombat rules.

Does someone of you know how to convert the ships from 1st Ed. to 2nd
Ed? Has there been any official words, since they claim that the old
books can still be used?

Chernobyl said:
there's a supplement in the works that ougt to cover this "ships of the galaxy" I believe.

Chern

That supplement is a planned release, though I have been pestering MSprange for a more complete conversion document, like the one the 2E playtesters saw.

He says that it's being workedon. After all they did tell us our 1E supplements would be compatible.

LBH

they seem to be for the most part - OGL doesn't seem much ifferent from D20 though I haven't looked into it deeply. Influence seems to be a major difference though.

I wonder if someone here knows how big guns you can mount on a ship?

I have read the shipbuilders manual, but haven't seen any table that say's 'This is the maximum size a ship of this size can mount' and I would like that. As it is, you can mount a battle laser on a fighter, if it has enough space for it (this is an extreme example, but I would like to know anyway).

In the book, there are Light, medium etc, sizes of weapons and it would be nice to have a table with one column of ship size and one column with max gun size.

If I have missed this in the book, please point me to the correct page.

Thanks.

lastbesthope said:
Tegman said:
I have read the shipbuilders manual,

You have? It's not out yet over here!!!!

The old Mongoose A:2089 RPG had limits on what wepaons, etc could go on what size of mech.

LBH

Hehe, I got it a few days ago in my mail, I guess we get it faster here in Sweden :lol:

A list similar to that one in A:2089 looks like a thing they could have put in the shipbuilders manual, I hope they come up with one soon, since some of the ship systems have a minimum ship size, but not weapons :cry:

Hopefully it's just me being blind and failing to notice it just because I'm looking for it so much :p

Yeah, I mean Mongoose haven't even released info on it's release yet, when I checked yesterday all the B5 stuff this month was either released on the 12th or 19th!

LBH

I'm not a playtester, I ordered it online and it didn't take long before I got it. So I have no clue why I got it, and you guys can't buy it. Maybe it hasn't reached the local stores yet?

Back