Hmm? A suitable proxy for the Omicron and the Dark Star?

BUT!!!....I had finished off an other project. Was an "Me was boring" project. Call it an "advanced" Warlock or Marathon.

EAWarlockMKII008.jpg
EAWarlockMKII006.jpg
EAWarlockMKII005.jpg
EAWarlockMKII007.jpg

A couple more sources of information for scratch-builders:

The website of Tim Earls, one of the CGI designers for "Babylon 5":
http://web.me.com/coventrycat/Site/Home.html
(Click on "Portfolio" -> "Babylon 5 / Crusade" where you will find, among other things, the original Badger fighter and a Trafalgar class Operations Command Platform.)

Some sketches from a never released Sierra computer game:
http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/ITF_ship_sketches
(Lots of stuff including an Abbai ship, some Dilgar ships, and a Pak'Ma'Ra gunship. The sketches are by Luc Mayrand, another of the "Babylon 5" CGI team.)

Hi, Folks. Good news after a long time of NOTHING. :roll:
Start with the very first prototyp of my Omicron scratchbuild.
I have decided to try out an completly new design. Here are the first pics of the basic structure. The entire engine section is not ready until yet.

OmicronPrototyp001.jpg
OmicronPrototyp004.jpg
OmicronPrototyp006.jpg
OmicronPrototyp002.jpg

Liking the basic shape so far.

You have any idea of the detail you are going to put on it? More importantly, will you be making molds? :lol:

ubersnug said:
Liking the basic shape so far.

You have any idea of the detail you are going to put on it? More importantly, will you be making molds? :lol:

Yes, a lot. Times will see :wink:
The mold making aspect is an good question. It depends on the sucess. Molds costs a little bit of money and time.

The basic shape looks great.. Could you post your concept drawings? So we could dream about the finished ship a little? :wink:

M1ndr1d3rs said:
The basic shape looks great.. Could you post your concept drawings? So we could dream about the finished ship a little? :wink:

You know I don´t use concept drawings.
I build free out of my head.... :wink:
But let´s see what I can do.

I have decided to try out an complet new design.
It based on the design of the Chronos and this is my goal during the project. An larger and "advanced" looking chronos - like cruiser.
Here are the first scetches. Needs some more fine tuning but I like it until yet.

OmicronDrawing001.jpg
OmicronDrawing003.jpg

Like your front end Urobach.

Interested to see where you go with the back end, some of your sketch ideas I like, some not so much.

Kickaha said:

Interested to see where you go with the back end, some of your sketch ideas I like, some not so much.

Thanks. But it is possible that this is the back end..
...possible, perhaps!!! :lol:

The terrible truth is...I don´t like my scetches, too :lol:
How sayed, I build my projects out of my head.
I see scetches more like an "first step in the right direction"
An flashlight on an very dark path.

Sounds strange. Perhaps I am an mad artist...hii hii hi hi huaaaa :lol:

[Omicron said:
Urobach"]
Kickaha said:

Thanks. But it is possible that this is the back end..
...possible, perhaps!!! :lol:

The terrible truth is...I don´t like my scetches, too :lol:

Not strange at all,

The Chronos has one limitation in its design, it works very well with a bridge on the forward slope but as soon as the bridge moves to the top then the back end becomes, ................ challenging.

However I have no doubt whatsoever, my friend, that you will rise to that challenge and I for one look forward very much to seeing in which direction(s) your solution(s) evolves.

After all it is time the Chronos advanced.

[Omicron said:
Urobach"]

The terrible truth is...I don´t like my scetches, too Laughing

The difference between genius and lunacy is in the degree of success.. :wink:

Yeah. I think the success shows it. :wink:

The main hull is nearly ready. Needs only the detail work. Engines, Armor etc... And yes I have changed the direction of the front end. :lol:

Funny. I am at this point with the bridge tower.
My current question is: Place the bridge on the rear or more forward like in my first scetch? I have tryed both variants. I tend to use the variant with the rear placed bridge. It looks more "dynamic" in my eyes.
Its really difficult to find an decision.
Here are the pics.

Bridge on the rear
Omicron001-1.jpg
Omicron003-1.jpg
Omicron006.jpg

Bridge forward
Omicron004-1.jpg
Omicron005-1.jpg

For my penny's worth;

I believe that both bridge positions could be made to work very well depending on your approach to the back end design, (the optimal back end would of course be diffeernt in either case).

In the absense of seeing your whole design tho,

Rear end bridge position at first glance looks superior, danger,which I am sure you will avoid, is that with the armour plates added she may be too close to exisiting designs. (both scratchbuilt and canon)...... but EA commonality of design is also a strength.

Front end bridge position has the advantage that she will look more like the a ship which has evolved from the Chronos. (which has a, very, front bridge :lol: .

But important you definitely go with the position you like the best

Back