Hmm? A suitable proxy for the Omicron and the Dark Star?

ubersnug said:
The designs and custom builds shown in this thread are fantastic so far. Kickaha, your modelling skills are impressive. Wish I had the balls to cut up my, soon to be rare, B5 mini's and try something similar.

As it stands, I've been looking on the interwebz looking for suitable proxy's for the ships mentioned and I've been unsuccessful so far.

Anyone interested in being commissioned? :lol:

Easy to chop up when you own far too many. But I know what you mean, had 12 scouts originally, 6 unpainted, lost 2 to another (tendril) scratchbuild and sacrificed 3 for the above ships. Thank god I can replace, different in a few months. In fact ordering today

Besides I do a lot more building from scratch than I do conversions that way no loss to my soon to be rare fleets.

Kickaha said:
[Omicron said:
Urobach"]Here is my very first idea for an possible design, now.
Comments are welcome. 8)

Very advanced looking design Urobach. Nicely visioned.

Style quite different form anything else EA has, in fact might be nice for your to develop as a entire fleet look for another race. The first thought that occurs is that it would make a hell of a nice design for a Hyach stealth cruiser, even down to the spinal laser.

Of course it could also be EA's attempt at developing better stealth tech.

Like it.

Agree it would make a fab Hyach warship :)

ubersnug said:
The designs and custom builds shown in this thread are fantastic so far. Kickaha, your modelling skills are impressive. :

Thanks for the comment.

And most importantly thank you for your original post as I had no plans or inclination to convert either of these two ships till you made me think about it.

Cheers mate.

Thanks for the comments, too.
This is, how sayed, not the final version. I want to try out some more designs this days and the Hyach aspect on the ship is an interesting point. Want to overtake some of this designs in my project, perhaps.
But i don´t forgot that this is still an EA ship. The typical Crusade EA style is important and i don´t want to create an Warlock or an Chronos.

The hull form is nice indeed Master Urobach. But I agree it needs to look more Earthly.. How about a short boom to separate the main hull from the engine section as in the Hyperion and Warlock?

That's the only feedback/idea i could think of..

Rushed through the Dark Star Paint Job

Darkstar.jpg

Front View

DarkstarFront.jpg

On Attack Vector - Invariably the last view her victims see, as she really is "Death Incarnate"

(Base star field added which also limits photo ops)

DarkstaronAttackVector.jpg

What you can't tell from the photos, is that ever since the Breakthrough - Tokyo, I now leave the shadow type ships with a gloss varnish finish which in my opinion better represents the Shadow skin effect.

Gloss varmish, a black and shades of grey ship & a startfield base does challange my camera, as it should be, the camera's lens "just slides off its surface"

and the Psi-Chronos

Eclipse1Posted.jpg

Eclipse2Posted.jpg

Finally a much more dangerous Shadow Minion

Shot blurry but lucky to be captured at all since she is one of the few things faster than a White Star on full burn

This minion is truly "Fun Incarnate"

(and strangely appears to have gone for the windscreen wipers optional extra).

ShadowMinion.jpg

Often falsely mistaken for an energy mine, this particular variant is "armed to the teeth" with a forward arc, quad damage, squeaky ball.
(Its incidious Santa Claus motif can just be made out), succesful attack means - 2 morale.

Range as far you as can throw it.

This minion, when so armed, has an additional automatically successful, critcial mental attack where the victim must play fetch until his/her/its arms drop off.

Special Rules - High Speed ramming attack with asociated very wet tongue

That Dark Star looks evil! More so than a regular Shadow ship - the spines pointing both forward and backward make it look even more spider-like, and the red cockpit windows looking like eyes complete the impression.

The minion has real Shadow technology. Allegedly the skin for the Shadow ship graphic models used on the show was based on a dog's nose. :lol: The attack mode is evidently the Shadows' version of telepathic disruption.

AdrianH said:
That Dark Star looks evil! More so than a regular Shadow ship - the spines pointing both forward and backward make it look even more spider-like, and the red cockpit windows looking like eyes complete the impression.

The minion has real Shadow technology. Allegedly the skin for the Shadow ship graphic models used on the show was based on a dog's nose. :lol: The attack mode is evidently the Shadows' version of telepathic disruption.

Backwards spines do indeed work here, one to file away for future conversions.

Toyed with yellow for the bridge/cockpit, but it had to be "evil" red, too much BSG final season watching recently.

As for the minion, she's going to be tough to hold still, to extend the effect.

lastbesthope said:
The Dark Star looks like the offspring of KITT and a Vorlon Transport :lol: LBH
classic kitt of course. Now that is truly evil. It talks to you in a camp voice then manipulates your genes. Very nasty.

Da Boss said:
Stats for Psi Chornos - first thoughts

Eclipse Class Assault Frigate
(Chronos Variant) Raid
The Chronos design proved to be hardy and resiliant which made it an excellent candidate to be merged with Shadow technology. Designed to operate in defense of installations, annhilitating any trespassers - the creators of the Eclipse made no attempt to hide its heritage. The incorporation of a intergrated human CPU made it more flexible but vulnerable to telepathic disruption.

Service Date: 2269+,
Speed: 12,
Hull: 6,
Turns: 2 x 45,
Craft: none,
Traits: Anti-Fighter 2, Flight Computer, Interceptors 2, Self Repair 2, Shields: 3/3,
Damage: 20 / 4,
Crew: 12/ 2,

Weapons
Heavy Phasing Pulse Cannon.........12........6.......Mini-Beam, Twin Linked
Medium Pulse Cannon...................10........8.......Twin Linked

Notes: The Eclipse has a HEL track array, granting it a +1 bonus to all attempts to break through a target's Stealth.
The Eclipse is subject to the Shadow rules regarding telepathic disruption

Since this is Raid, I'd say the weapons are ok. Although, shouldnt the heavy phasing pulse cannon be AP, double damage, like the other phasing pulse cannons. I know it shouldnt be a mini-beam anyway. And I would probably make the ones on the sides phasing cannons as well, AP, TL. You might try taking away a few damage and adding a few crew. A raid level ships with only 12 crew is gonna get decrewed real fast, and SR wont help with that.

sidewinder said:
Da Boss said:
Stats for Psi Chornos - first thoughts

Eclipse Class Assault Frigate
(Chronos Variant) Raid
The Chronos design proved to be hardy and resiliant which made it an excellent candidate to be merged with Shadow technology. Designed to operate in defense of installations, annhilitating any trespassers - the creators of the Eclipse made no attempt to hide its heritage. The incorporation of a intergrated human CPU made it more flexible but vulnerable to telepathic disruption.

Service Date: 2269+,
Speed: 12,
Hull: 6,
Turns: 2 x 45,
Craft: none,
Traits: Anti-Fighter 2, Flight Computer, Interceptors 2, Self Repair 2, Shields: 3/3,
Damage: 20 / 4,
Crew: 12/ 2,

Weapons
Heavy Phasing Pulse Cannon.........12........6.......Mini-Beam, Twin Linked

Notes: The Eclipse has a HEL track array, granting it a +1 bonus to all attempts to break through a target's Stealth.
The Eclipse is subject to the Shadow rules regarding telepathic disruption

Since this is Raid, I'd say the weapons are ok. Although, shouldnt the heavy phasing pulse cannon be AP, double damage, like the other phasing pulse cannons. I know it shouldnt be a mini-beam anyway. And I would probably make the ones on the sides phasing cannons as well, AP, TL. You might try taking away a few damage and adding a few crew. A raid level ships with only 12 crew is gonna get decrewed real fast, and SR wont help with that.

sorry, the weapon should have been a Light Multi-Phased cutter rather than a Pulse Cannon. I made the crew damage low on purpose - its has layered defenses. You may be right - I'll need to test it a bit to see how it works :)

locarno24 said:
When is someone gonna make a ship with a medium or heavy multi-phased cutter. lol

I always figured that was the proper 'slicer beam'.

I dont think so, otherwise you could just call it a light MSB. Having a 'light' multiphased cutter implies there are medium and heavy versions.

Back