Adventure Class Ships in the Deep and the Dark

Garnfellow

Banded Mongoose
Although I like reading about the very large capital ships and megafreighters, very few vessels above 5,000 tons ever get used in my Traveller games. So I have been grooving on the Adventure Class Ships book for a few months now. Many of these vessels would be very much at home in either Reaver's Deep or the Dark Nebula, which are regions marked by lower tech levels, smaller ship sizes, and larger distances between stars. I've got a blog post up that looks at using Adventure Class Ships with The Deep and the Dark (https://greatdungeonnorth.blogspot.com/2024/01/adventure-class-ships.html), including a couple of encounter tables for the Buffer. I hope this is helpful to Referees with both books!

Very cool. Regrettably, my brain combined your Traveller article with your blog's background image and I now want to run a dungeon crawl (yes, mapped out by level) set in a megafreighter that was carrying seed big game population for a planned safari planet that misjumped about 30 years ago. Bad brain...

Very cool. Regrettably, my brain combined your Traveller article with your blog's background image and I now want to run a dungeon crawl (yes, mapped out by level) set in a megafreighter that was carrying seed big game population for a planned safari planet that misjumped about 30 years ago. Bad brain...

I'm not on Twitter anymore, but this time last year a bunch of TTRPG people were getting ready for MegaDungeon 2023, the MegaDungeon is sorta like a year long National Novel Writing Month exercise. The rule is simply 12 levels, 365 rooms done in the year. Your bad brain has a great idea for the challenge, if your governing brain chooses to accept it.

I'm not on Twitter anymore, but this time last year a bunch of TTRPG people were getting ready for MegaDungeon 2023, the MegaDungeon is sorta like a year long National Novel Writing Month exercise. The rule is simply 12 levels, 365 rooms done in the year. Your bad brain has a great idea for the challenge, if your governing brain chooses to accept it.
Ah, yes. Not on Twitter so much either these days, but I remember seeing that on Mastodon also. This will all have to wait for the Starship Operator's Manual so I can get the right rooms and conduits and technobabble in the right place, but it does sound tempting.

Last edited:
Back