Has anyone in the U.S. received their Fleet Boxes?

Dude I feel for ya I really do I didn't order a 100$ fleet box just 2 squadrons but at this point you have to be feeling mighty low. Just so you know I don't have my minis so at least you are not the only one in the sinking ship.

No fleet boxes yet. I check my order status regularly, hoping to see a change but so far nothing.

Just to let you all know, fleet sets started shipping out this week - it wil take a short while to go through them all, but they are now moving!

Wait, are we talking about those boxes of starship minis that have been on my local gamestore's display table for a week or so? Compleat is complete then otherwise are we talking evn bigger boxes of minis? Whoa! Haven't seen that!

Anyone who has a Squadron Box should be seeing it shipped if it hasn't already arrived. If you don't, then you may need to contact Matthew. I'd do that on Monday so things don't pile up on the weekend when it's harder for him to check with the right people.

Fleet boxes are starting to ship, so please do let us know when you start getting them. I know that SVC is waiting (im)patiently for ours.

Jean

At this point, I almost don't care if my fleet boxes never make it to the distributor, and never make it to the LGS I preordered from. I understand reasonable delays, etc., but in my opinion it is not "reasonable" to have a product that was announced to ship around Thanksgiving not actually ship until Valentine's Day (or later).

I wish you the best, but I will not be preordering anything further in this line. I'm also not sure if I will purchase future fleet boxes. That will depend entirely on the quality of the product if/when I get it. I did get my rulebook, but the volume of immediate errata does not inspire confidence regarding the quality of any other products.

Valander said:
At this point, I almost don't care if my fleet boxes never make it to the distributor, and never make it to the LGS I preordered from. I understand reasonable delays, etc., but in my opinion it is not "reasonable" to have a product that was announced to ship around Thanksgiving not actually ship until Valentine's Day (or later).

I wish you the best, but I will not be preordering anything further in this line. I'm also not sure if I will purchase future fleet boxes. That will depend entirely on the quality of the product if/when I get it. I did get my rulebook, but the volume of immediate errata does not inspire confidence regarding the quality of any other products.
+1

I thought about it and I'm done.

Yeah I am going to wait until Tuesday. Matthew said I should have something by then so I will wait till then to post I hope I don't have to because at this point I am really upset and by Tuesday I am going freaking really pissed if I don't have my order :evil: .

Well I am not going to get my panties in a wad.

Way back on 29 Dec, Matt posted a lengthy statement about what was happening and the issues. They also said very very clearly that they were going to concentrate on only shipping Squadron Box sets until they resolved the issues with production because they simply were not producing enough to meet the unexpected demand. In that statement they also very clearly stated that the Fleet Boxes would ship in February.

Here is the exact quote:
"4. The fleet boxes will be made available to distributors to send to retailers in FEBRUARY, during which month we will effectively have a 're-launch' of the game, with the rulebooks backed up with more than sufficient stocks of squadron and fleet sets. The Kzinti will follow in March, the Gorn in April (though pre-orders for those will be sent at the same time we ship to distributors, if not before)." emphasis mine.

The actual full statement is here: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=49645&hilit=fleet+boxes

If any of you had bothered you to read the statement they had already done as much apologizing as they could and outlined a plan. Since that statement Mongoose has met all their wickets. And in fact on Feb 3rd Matt posted they had begun shipping Fleet Boxes.

So far I received my Rulebook and Squadron Boxes right on time and the Fleet Box delay was fully explained and is on schedule. The rulebook only has 5 actual rule corrections and then some stat correction for ships, with the entire errata only fill one page at 10 font with headers and logos stripped out.

All in all I am not upset. I have been gaming since 1973 and so far this has been one of the better roll outs for new games. Their only major problem has been they severely underestimated the demand for the mini's. That is not something that can be magically fixed with a snap of the fingers. I would say to apply the reasonable man theory to it, but apparently reasonable is as scarce as reading comprehension.

well enough said.

Spence said:
Well I am not going to get my panties in a wad.

Way back on 29 Dec, Matt posted a lengthy statement about what was happening and the issues. They also said very very clearly that they were going to concentrate on only shipping Squadron Box sets until they resolved the issues with production because they simply were not producing enough to meet the unexpected demand. In that statement they also very clearly stated that the Fleet Boxes would ship in February.

Here is the exact quote:
"4. The fleet boxes will be made available to distributors to send to retailers in FEBRUARY, during which month we will effectively have a 're-launch' of the game, with the rulebooks backed up with more than sufficient stocks of squadron and fleet sets. The Kzinti will follow in March, the Gorn in April (though pre-orders for those will be sent at the same time we ship to distributors, if not before)." emphasis mine.

The actual full statement is here: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=49645&hilit=fleet+boxes

If any of you had bothered you to read the statement they had already done as much apologizing as they could and outlined a plan. Since that statement Mongoose has met all their wickets. And in fact on Feb 3rd Matt posted they had begun shipping Fleet Boxes.

So far I received my Rulebook and Squadron Boxes right on time and the Fleet Box delay was fully explained and is on schedule. The rulebook only has 5 actual rule corrections and then some stat correction for ships, with the entire errata only fill one page at 10 font with headers and logos stripped out.

All in all I am not upset. I have been gaming since 1973 and so far this has been one of the better roll outs for new games. Their only major problem has been they severely underestimated the demand for the mini's. That is not something that can be magically fixed with a snap of the fingers. I would say to apply the reasonable man theory to it, but apparently reasonable is as scarce as reading comprehension.

well enough said.

I am so glad someone was able respond to all the negativity with clear concise and a fairly gentle response. I've personally never understood the public displays of "immense dissatisfaction", and from my brief stint in restaurant management - people who are genuinely upset address their concerns to the responsible party and are willing to accept reasonable explanations of why things were not done to their satisfaction. People who bitched and gripped loud enough to draw attention to themselves were usually free loaders who expected to get everything for free because they made a big display of how "unhappy" they were. Worst thing I ever witnessed was when someone brought their kids in and their kids started to imitate their parents and started complaining about everything every time a server walked by; the funny part is the only people that they fool is themselves.

Hey, Spence, my reading comprehension is pretty high. I would like to point to a counter argument you have failed to take in to account.

msprange said:
I need to sit down with both our production and marketing teams to agree more precise dates (this will be done next week and we'll keep you updated), but I can say the following will happen;

1. It is Mongoose's policy to send out products as soon as they are available, not when we can send a full order out - this way, you get your games and models sooner. So, all rulebooks still outstanding, whether they are part of larger orders or not, will go out next week.

2. All outstanding squadron sets will be sent out that week or the week after.

3. All Federation, Klingon, and Romulan fleet sets will be sent out before the end of January - and I say this to cover ourselves, as it is my intention to have them sent out a lot earlier in the month. As I said above, we'll get you more precise dates as soon as possible.

4. The fleet boxes will be made available to distributors to send to retailers in February, during which month we will effectively have a 're-launch' of the game, with the rulebooks backed up with more than sufficient stocks of squadron and fleet sets. The Kzinti will follow in March, the Gorn in April (though pre-orders for those will be sent at the same time we ship to distributors, if not before).
(emphasis added)
So the paragraph DIRECTLY BEFORE THE ONE YOU QUOTED says that the fleet sets will go out BEFOREthe END of January. The retailers would get the fleet boxes in February, but direct orders should have gone out NO LATER THAN THE 31st according to the post you're referencing. They "started" shipping them out on the 3nd of February (which I will believe when the first person to get one posts that they have it). And this is after MGP failed to meet the other prior release dates FOR THE SAME PRODUCT.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I'm F*****G done. I have no faith in MGP's ability to deliver what they promise.

Congrats everyone who does business with MGP and/or ADB, my order is canceled, you now won't have to wait as long to get your Fed/Klink/Rom fleet box, cause now there's an extra one of each.

P.S.: Jean, you've been a doll, if it hadn't been for you I would have dumped this sooner, but you kept my hopes up and dealt us straight. Wish Matt had done the same from the start.

Porch still empty Saturday, of course I wasn't home Saturday so didn't mind as much.

Folks, gamers like instant gratification. And yes I believe the release could have been handled better. But this game is AWESOME! And game is the key word here. I don't care if takes a year to get my mini's, I'm hooked, I will keep playing, and I will buy more products (you don't even want to see me in SF withdraw, it ain't pretty).

Also, Mongoose has tried to be good about this. My original rulebook never came, I e-mailed Mongoose and they shipped me another, no muss/no fuss. I started the thread: Has Anyone in the US Received their Rulebook...so I could track when to expect mine, and started this thread for the same reason. As people start reporting I got my mini's then I'll know I should have mine in short order.

So I anticipate what may or may not be on the porch when I get home from work today. Until I get my 2500's I still have my 2400's. And am right on the verge of ordering more 2500's.

Look Folks it's not like the people upset here don't have every right to be. How many times has mongoose failed to deliver on deadlines it set for it self. If a guys order is months late and he is pissed about it he should be in fact I can't think of a product or service that I would be okay with the fact that it was months late. I think most people have given mongoose a huge swath of good will in this matter.

@Lincolnlog Folks, gamers like instant gratification are you kidding me? I waited 3 months for a rulebook?!? instant my ass.

@hermitbob LULZ "So the paragraph DIRECTLY BEFORE THE ONE YOU QUOTED says that the fleet sets will go out BEFOREthe END of January. The retailers would get the fleet boxes in February, but direct orders should have gone out NO LATER THAN THE 31st according to the post you're referencing. They "started" shipping them out on the 3nd of February (which I will believe when the first person to get one posts that they have it). And this is after MGP failed to meet the other prior release dates FOR THE SAME PRODUCT.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I'm F*****G done. I have no faith in MGP's ability to deliver what they promise.

Congrats everyone who does business with MGP and/or ADB, my order is canceled, you now won't have to wait as long to "

@Totenkopf if you are in the hospitality industry then you know how important it is to always deliver on your promises. When you fail to do that people are rightly pissed and that's what has happened here time and time again.

Mongoose can stop all of the so called negativity really easy GIVE ME US OUR FREAKING MINIS! NOW! It's that simple! Nobody would be posting anything negative if mongoose simply sent out what was ordered. Don't forget we prepaid meaning we gave them money before the product was finished so we would get our stuff first this also benefits them in many ways Mongoose has benefited by holding our money all this time they need to give us what we ordered.

MarkDawg,

When I said gamers like instant gratification, I was agreeing that the instant part in this case was denied to all and still is.

But look, my mortgage got paid, I had heat, food, the world didn't explode. I would agree that people hava a right to be less than thrilled, but perspective. It's a game. You also have the right to take you business else where. But, I think if we are all patient, this will blow over, they'll get on schedule, and we'll have an excellent game to play for decades to come.

Bob

Back