Gallery Posts <Post Your Pics Here!>

whenimaginationfails said:
I am in awe, Kickaha. Nice work!

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I am enjoying trying the blended approach........ and hopefully getting slightly better as time moves on. Still plenty of improvement to be captured yet tho. :lol:

One of the new ISA Allies...
img0448gc.jpg

...build yesterday.

G Quan said:
One of the new ISA Allies...
img0448gc.jpg

...build yesterday.

Very nicely done.

Did you have any problems with excess metal on the engine nacelles. Own 6 Warlocks and every one had or has serious remedial work required v the engine block. One of the few times I use a Dremel on a CTA mini.

Nice work! Although the blue ring is worrying - have the Mysterons invaded the B5 universe? :lol:

Will we see the Warlock in the tournament? It's only valid as an ISA ally if the scenario is at least War level, which the final game of the tournament is, so you'd be allowed the Warlock surrounded by your choice of White Star style ships. ;)

I also have a Warlock whose engine block is a mess. I didn't take a Dremel to it, I took a hacksaw - it will be easier to scratchbuild a whole new engine unit than to fix the original!

You may be right there AdrianH, certainly had to do that for one of the Primus' I own.

The excess metal on any of the Warlocks I have is just not quite bad enough for a rebuild, besides worth a go with the Dremel, leaving the option of the rebuild if/when the Dremellling goes too far.

Yes ^^ between my engines are a hvy block of metal to. The Dremel run hot to rubber it doun and its not the best looking side of the ship, but its paint black on the back and not a Narn Carmoflage :wink:

May be I will use it in the final game. But intrinsic all Allies make the ISA fleet weaker as an pure ISA fleet and it´s a turnement - or not? The Tara Lin is easyer to play with thier all around Beams and stealth. :roll:

It was you who described the Warlock as "One of the new ISA Allies". ;) I've seen your grey painted Tara'Lin over on the other ACTA forum and would be just as happy to see that in the tournament, even if it might make life more difficult for my Shadows...

This is what my Warlock's engines looked like. I reckoned I'd have a better chance of scratch-building a decent engine than trying surgery on that!

AdrianH said:
This is what my Warlock's engines looked like. I reckoned I'd have a better chance of scratch-building a decent engine than trying surgery on that!

Yep fair point, I agree that your Warloock may....... just....... marginally fall outside the borderline for the usefulness of remedial dremelling. :lol:

Besides developing increased scratchbuilding expertise does have its advantages. For instance an Omicron design may well have the same engine block style, although smaller, so guess there may also be room for a "teach in" on your eventual method AdrianH, given the ammount of engine damaged Warlocks there must be out there.

Yes the Warloock is built to be a ISA Allie but the fleet is not built for the turnement only :wink:
My Warloock engine was looked exact like yours with some more metal in the center. :cry:

pak'ma'ra:
IMG_0211.jpg

Ipsha:
IMG_0210.jpg

Drazi:
IMG_0164.jpg

Gaim:
IMG_0157.jpg

Centauri:
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0158-1a.jpg

Special thanks to Kickaha for painting tips and feedbacks over the past few months..^^,

pak'ma'ra: dull paintwork seems appropriate for the carrion-eaters. Nice use of purple details along with shading on the front grilles of the big ships.

Ipsha: nice work on the globe! And judging by the green engine bulbs, possibly some pak'ma'ra Sunhawks, not a scheme which is often seen but looks good, especially since the Sunhawk was originally designed as a tribute to the green-engined Blake's 7 Liberator. Also a nice Xill in the background; a metallic base plus light blue highlights means the blue bits do seem to glow nicely if you get the lighting right - you did.

Drazi: nice design of ships + subtle shading + bright painted engine bulbs = awesome! Being a fan of ships which actually appeared on "Babylon 5", I'm more interested in the Sunhawks than the others, but again, subtle shading plus bright engines = nice work. Your fleet could do with a couple of Warbirds, partly for completion and partly because I'd like to see your paintwork on them.

Gaim: grey base plus bright coloured highlights, not a method I've seen often but works very well judging by your fleet.

Centauri: one of my favourite fleets with their retro SF style, to the extent that if things had gone differently (if Mongoose had not dropped the B5 licence, for a start), I might have built up my own Centauri fleet. Your paint jobs with the purple and gold, lightly shaded, do their fleet full justice. Given what I can see of your work on the bigger ships, I'd be interested to see better shots of what you did with the Vorchans.

Thanks to all for the kind comments..

@ AdrianH: I am planning to buy a std sized warbird to use as a firehawk.. Patience my friend ;) Will try to shoot pics of the smaller ships when I regain possession of the office camera.

Hey! fine collection there mate. Nice work in getting all of the fleets painted up, (haven't seen your Minbari yet, keeps saying photobucket site maintenance)

Great looking & large EA fleet. The scale of Explorer looks really good along side the other FA, EA minis. (reminds me that I really need to get around to building a better in scale Explorer for the larger scale ships).

Great paintjob on the FA scale Narn, good work on the insignia and great to see on such a small scale. I also like your Centauri.

Your scratch Excaliber is excellent, not only the build but the paint job as well. Very well done.

BTW Did you ever get around to having a go at the FA Drakh.

Thanks for the comments! :D

I haven't got round to making any Drakh yet I'm afraid, I've been busy painting these fleets up for our campaign so the others don't have to use counters. I'll probably make a start on them once most of the other fleets are painted.

I see... Very well done.. Thought you spliced two freighters into 1..:oops: Seems I tend to be more destructive in kitbashing ideas.. :lol:

Back