Gallery Posts <Post Your Pics Here!>

M1ndr1d3rs: fella those miniatures are painted so well Im ashamed to put mine on here.......lol. Seriously good Idea using the FA ships for the small ones.

Don't be.. You could very well be overcritical toward yourself. Most people are.. ;)

Well, using FA was not my original idea. Although scale was a factor, my main reason was the price. :oops:

Greetings All,

I've been a long time fan of B5, and when a friend of mine introduced me to the game recently I got hooked on the Centauri. For cost reasons, I decided to go with FA. However, I like the Liati and was dismayed to find that a FA Liati did not exist. So, I made my own. Despite having many joints it is very sturdy.

I have absolutely zero experience with these things, but I thought that someone else might like to try this and even make it better. (I know the paint is thick, I tried getting fancy with the painting and had to cover it up; I was too afraid to weaken the many jionts by removing the paint)

I used parts from 2 Altarians, 2 Vorchans, and 1 Darkner.

LiatiPre-Assemble.jpg

LiatiPassingProfile.jpg

LiatiApproach.jpg

LiatiProfile.jpg

LiatiAft.jpg

cool, I am about to atempt my own Liati kitbash for FA. alas I failed in my bid to buy the relevant ships for the bash, and don't want to use my main fleet ships. I will attempt to make my ship therefore from "bits" i have lying around. I am avoiding the accepted liati design and going for something a touch different. Watch this space... maybe for a very long time lol.

Well, considering that most people dislike the "official" design of the Liati, you should strive to end up with a ship that looks as cool as the Liati is dangerous - ie very! :D

@treknogeek: nice job on the DIY FA Liati!

@hiffano (and anyone else wanting to build their own design of Liati): take a look at this updated Vorchan which appeared in "The Lost Tales":
http://themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm#Screen2_10_3

The official Liati looks a bit like a heavily modified Vorchan. The figures could support this - uprate the thrusters, stick a couple of laser cannons in the wings, add a fighter bay somewhere and it's pretty well done. So here we have a genuine modified Vorchan. :)

@ AdrianH: I'm working on a couple right now ;)
They will certainly be my Liatis. I suspected that's what the film intended it to be, but is the name officially Liati? It had been argued that it was a Vorchan rendered with next generation CGI, rather than a next generation Vorchan.

@ treknogeek: well done, very creative. I'm honestly not a fan of the MGP Liati design, but you certainly captured its look. :D

M1ndr1d3rs said:
@ AdrianH: I'm working on a couple right now ;)
They will certainly be my Liatis. I suspected that's what the film intended it to be, but is the name officially Liati? It had been argued that it was a Vorchan rendered with next generation CGI, rather than a next generation Vorchan.
Very few of the names we know and love are actually official. Adam "Mojo" Lebowitz, who designed the original Vorchan, calls it a warbird, for example. :) Alec McClymont, who designed the later Vorchan, says in the B5Scrolls interview: "it's in a future with a reinvigorated Centauri Empire, so it made sense that they would have improved some of their ships, and we all know that the Centauri are unlikely to do anything LESS ornate than before”.

So it's probably an improved Vorchan. It could be argued that so is the Liati. It probably wasn't named on screen, so you can call it what you like. The ship is in need of a name, "Liati" is a name in need of a ship, and they fit together reasonably well. Plus it gives you a reason to build a model of the updated Vorchan and use it in a game. :)

I hated the Liati & Adira hence i made my own as well.
Liati is combination 2 Corvans made into 1 with a Turret.
Adira is Octution,Bin Tak & some pieces i had extra from a Ka Bin Tak & Corvan
Adira
DSCN0232.jpg

Liati
DSCN0239.jpg

treknogeek,

Welcome on board.

(Warning though modding CTA ships can become a way of life).

Excellent looking FA version of the Liati, spot on, and even more amazing as a "zero experience" modder.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do in the future.

I am working on two CTA scale versions of the Liati myself, a conversion to a shadow influenced Liati for a PDF I am slowly puting together and an improved design, possibly advanced Liati. Sadly for the Centauri the best design I came up with to date has been acquired for another project so second best will have to do.

Target said:
I hated the Liati & Adira hence i made my own as well.
Liati is combination 2 Corvans made into 1 with a Turret.
Adira is Octution,Bin Tak & some pieces i had extra from a Ka Bin Tak & Corvan
Adira

Nice work on both ships Target, especially like the irony of the Bin'tak helping out on the Adira.

The Adira and the Liati are not my favorite designs either, (although my "hatred" is reserved for some other designs). Just hoping I can improve on the std Liati by giving it a Shadow makeover, quite a challenge tho. I own an Adira and hoping a reasonable paint job will improve on it. By that I mean adding a lot of panelling and other detail to try to make the ship look more like its Armegeddon class.

At the moment, the ship "mini" suffers from limited surface detail which makes it look just a bigger scale version of a smaller priority ship. By painting on or adding a lot more surface detail the Adira will look more like its Armegeddon priority.

My Virgin Galactic liner in Da Bosses "Dilgar War" gave me plenty of panelling practice. :lol:

Kickaha said:
treknogeek,

Welcome on board.

Excellent looking FA version of the Liati, spot on, and even more amazing as a "zero experience" modder.

I am working on two CTA scale versions of the Liati myself, a conversion to a shadow influenced Liati for a PDF I am slowly puting together and an improved design, possibly advanced Liati. Sadly for the Centauri the best design I came up with to date has been acquired for another project so second best will have to do.

I assume you are blaming me, which Liati design did I pinch?

hiffano said:
Kickaha said:
treknogeek,

Welcome on board.

I assume you are blaming me, which Liati design did I pinch?

When in doubt blame Hiff................ works for me. :D

Heres a clue, 3 letter abreviation, starts with an N, ends in an I.

Where the high tech version of their battle cruiser would have gone although their frigate also has a certain Centauri look about it, (an advanced Maximus maybe), but sadly again lost to the Centauri.

And before you ask Hiff they both will be sculpted soon.

hehehehe,. wasn't gonna ask, work in your own time. but I am so getting an NOI fleet, looks awesome :)

which one was the liati? the frigate, the 4 wing one?

hiffano said:
hehehehe,. wasn't gonna ask, work in your own time. but I am so getting an NOI fleet, looks awesome :)

which one was the liati? the frigate, the 4 wing one?

No, I See the 4 wing as what could have been an advanced Centauri skirmish level ship, and remember I said at the time, that the NOI battlecruiser in its originial high tech concept would have gone on to become an advanced Liati, if you had declined on its use for the NOI.

hmmm ..........So on consideration guess its my own fault. 8)

Centauri's loss is NOI's gain on both however just means I need to work harder on two alternative Centauri concepts,(providing you don't "nick" those as well :D)

Thank you all for your gracious comments. In about a 'week' I hope to have my Demos done (using modified/salvaged Altarian wings on Vorchan hulls from the Liati project).

@Target, I really like the paint job you did on the Adira.

My first time posting here, so here are my B5 3rd age novas fresh off the painting table.

I name all of my ships after characters from the Trojan War
This is the EAS Astynax, the EAS Calchas, The EAS Tenes, and the EAS Thoas

28tiem8.jpg

zslu8w.jpg

More better and bigger pics at my Blog
http://docred7.blogspot.com/

Back